Author Topic: Marsha Blackburn Hits Back at Taylor Swift: ‘Of Course I Support Women’  (Read 1001 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Marsha Blackburn Hits Back at Taylor Swift: ‘Of Course I Support Women’
By Mairead McArdle
October 10, 2018 1:30 PM

Tennessee representative Marsha Blackburn is firing back at Taylor Swift after the singer launched a broadside at her in endorsing her Democratic opponent in the race for the seat being vacated by Republican senator Bob Corker.

“She voted against the Reauthorization of the Violence Against Women Act, which attempts to protect women from domestic violence, stalking, and date rape,” the previously apolitical Swift wrote of Blackburn in a lengthy Instagram post over the weekend. “She believes businesses have a right to refuse service to gay couples. She also believes they should not have the right to marry. These are not MY Tennessee values.”

Blackburn took issue with that characterization of her record.

Read more at: https://www.nationalreview.com/news/marsha-blackburn-hits-back-at-taylor-swift-of-course-i-support-women/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I think if this article gives the sum total of her response to Miss Slow, it's pretty weak.  A list of what was wrong with the VAWA would have helped.  Instead it seems she just rattled off some campaign talking points that didn't address the attack.

I say this as a big fan of Marsha's.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: