Author Topic: Ted Cruz leads Beto O'Rourke in new poll by nine points  (Read 1408 times)

Offline thackney

Ted Cruz leads Beto O'Rourke in new poll by nine points
« on: October 11, 2018, 06:36:39 pm »
Ted Cruz leads Beto O'Rourke in new poll by nine points
https://www.texastribune.org/2018/10/11/cruz-orourke-poll-senate-texas/

A new poll released Thursday morning showed Republican U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz has stabilized his lead over his Democrat challenger, U.S. Rep. Beto O'Rourke of El Paso.

Fifty-four percent of Texans backed Cruz, while 45 percent backed O'Rourke in the latest Quinnipiac University poll.

As for each candidate's images, 52 percent of Texans surveyed had a favorable view of Cruz, with 44 percent viewing him unfavorably. O'Rourke, however, was slightly under water in how Texans viewed him: 45 percent of respondents had a favorable view of O'Rourke, compared to 47 percent who view him unfavorably....

...The poll also took a snapshot of Texas' gubernatorial race, showing Republican Gov. Greg Abbott with a prohibitive lead over his Democratic rival, former Dallas County Sheriff Lupe Valdez, 58 percent to 38 percent.

Strikingly, while Valdez and O'Rourke have consolidated support among African Americans, Abbott and Cruz garnered sizable Hispanic support. Cruz had the backing of 37 percent of Hispanic respondents while nearly half of Hispanics surveyed — 46 percent — supported Abbott....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Ted Cruz leads Beto O'Rourke in new poll by nine points
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2018, 07:01:26 pm »
So, Texas Hispanics CAN discern between a real hispanic and a fake one.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline corbe

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2018, 07:07:22 pm »
   What is disconcerting is the 10% difference in poll numbers between Abbott and Cruz, Is this the AT'er effect we are seeing?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2018, 07:13:46 pm »
   What is disconcerting is the 10% difference in poll numbers between Abbott and Cruz, Is this the AT'er effect we are seeing?

Or it could be that Cruz is running one of the worst reelection operations I have seen since Rick Santorum.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2018, 07:22:22 pm »
Or it could be that Cruz is running one of the worst reelection operations I have seen since Rick Santorum.

Says the expert.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2018, 07:22:33 pm »

I think so.  I have one rabid Trump fanatic friend who still calls him Lyin' Ted, and swears he is voting Libertarian this time.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2018, 07:35:47 pm »

The dems selected Beto as their attempt to win a statewide election in Texas.  They went all in for him.

Beto has raised $23,332,950.00 while Abbott's opponent, Lupe Valdez, has raised $475,575.54

Beto O'Rourke's Campaign Finances
https://votesmart.org/candidate/campaign-finance/78533/beto-orourke#.W7-aFGhKg2w

Lupe Valdez's Campaign Finances
https://votesmart.org/candidate/campaign-finance/177262/lupe-valdez#

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2018, 07:43:22 pm »
The dems selected Beto as their attempt to win a statewide election in Texas.  They went all in for him.

Also got to admit....   Abbott's done a fine job.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline thackney

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2018, 07:45:24 pm »
Also got to admit....   Abbott's done a fine job.

From my point of view, they both have.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2018, 08:19:46 pm »
Says the expert.   *****rollingeyes*****

I am. Running a Quixotic Presidential run in your first term as Senator and then having pick up basketball games with Marxist talk show hosts isn't going to endear you with voters in your home state.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 08:56:01 pm »

Beto has raised $23,332,950.00 while Abbott's opponent, Lupe Valdez, has raised $475,575.54

Beto O'Rourke's Campaign Finances
https://votesmart.org/candidate/campaign-finance/78533/beto-orourke#.W7-aFGhKg2w

Lupe Valdez's Campaign Finances
https://votesmart.org/candidate/campaign-finance/177262/lupe-valdez#

Robert Francis has all the wrong positions and wrong supporters. I didn't see a mention of the foreign campaign contributions. :shrug: The Iranians like him real well.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline corbe

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 08:59:12 pm »
Running a Quixotic Presidential run

Nothing, absolutely nothing, applies to that more than a reality TV star running for President, at least Ted has.....oh forget it, it's Frank.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 09:15:58 pm »
I am. Running a Quixotic Presidential run in your first term as Senator and then having pick up basketball games with Marxist talk show hosts isn't going to endear you with voters in your home state.

We'll see about that, hotshot.   :tongue2:

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 09:45:58 pm »

Robert Francis has all the wrong positions and wrong supporters. I didn't see a mention of the foreign campaign contributions. :shrug: The Iranians like him real well.
It isn't making the news (imagine that), but he is in hot water for foreign donations.

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 10:41:04 pm »
It isn't making the news (imagine that), but he is in hot water for foreign donations.

Yep.

FOREIGN MEDDLING? Beto O’Rourke busted taking contributions from out of country
http://www.theamericanmirror.com/foreign-meddling-beto-orourke-busted-taking-contributions-from-out-of-country/
OCTOBER 4, 2018

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #15 on: October 12, 2018, 01:54:00 pm »
I found out something interesting this morning.
O'Rourke's net worth is 9 million dollars, twice that of Cruz.

Not that I hold it against him, but we know O'Rourke will play the us against them, rich vs. poor, pay your fair share, card.

Good for him for having the money, but I hope if he says in the next debate, we need to redistribute the wealth, Cruz will respond, "You can redistribute around 2.5 million to me and you and I will be on a fairer, more level playing field".

:cool:

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2018, 02:06:03 pm »
Fingers crossed for Sen Cruz.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️