Author Topic: Stephen Miller's Third-Grade Teacher: He Was a “Loner" and Ate Glue  (Read 2521 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/stephen-millers-third-grade-teacher-tells-all-1150549

In 1993, Donald Trump's senior political adviser attended Santa  Monica's Franklin  Elementary, where he was "off by himself all the time."

I can still picture him sitting in my classroom.

Do you remember that character in Peanuts, the one called Pig Pen, with the dust cloud and crumbs flying all around him? That was Stephen Miller at 8. I was always trying to get him to clean up his desk — he always had stuff mashed up in there. He was a strange dude. I remember he would take a bottle of glue — we didn't have glue sticks in those days — and he would pour the glue on his arm, let it dry, peel it off and then eat it.

too cute. 8888sitting kitty

more at link.

Offline Frank Cannon

Ya got 'em now! If only this persons comments weren't "Whited Out" by the vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Hell, even this teachers name was "Whited Out" so we don't even know who it is. It seems racist too since the teacher looks Oriental.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Bet he now makes more than this bleep teacher does now.

Online mountaineer

As someone pointed out elsewhere, we can't find a single person who remembers attending college with B. Hussein Obama Soetoro, but somehow the left can dig up ex-classmates, teachers, the school janitor, you name it, from the distant past of everyone they hope to destroy.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
He may have been a weird, disorganized loner, but he’s always been devastatingly handsome.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline ConstitutionRose

:facepalm:  I know a lot of third grade boys who were JUST like that!   A teacher who wants every kid to fit in a round hole.  My son didn't learn the value of order until he was in the Army.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online mountaineer

I knew a kid in fourth grade who stapled his lip just to see what it would be like. Hint: there was blood.
He grew up okay.  :pondering:

Offline skeeter

He may have been a weird, disorganized loner, but he’s always been devastatingly handsome.

At least he wasn't the boy who hung around under the jungle gym at recess.

Online mountaineer

At least he wasn't the boy who hung around under the jungle gym at recess.
That was Joe Biden.

Offline Frank Cannon

We had a kid in the 3rd grade that used to fart and got other kids blamed for it. That went on for months until kids figured out what I was up to.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Stephen Miller's Third-Grade Teacher: He Was a “Loner" and Ate Glue
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2018, 03:03:02 pm »
My third grade crush ate an entire pencil in the course of the school year. Just the wood part. I thought he was awesome.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2018, 03:05:56 pm »
My third grade crush ate an entire pencil in the course of the school year. Just the wood part. I thought he was awesome.

Was he a termite?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2018, 03:17:30 pm »
Was he a termite?
Just wanted more fiber in his diet.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2018, 03:34:31 pm »
Was he a termite?

No, just the class clown. Drove the teachers crazy. LOL.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Silver Pines

« Reply #14 on: October 11, 2018, 04:39:31 pm »

Offline verga

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2018, 06:44:37 pm »
17 years ago I had a female 9th grade student that used to gnaw on the hot melt glue sticks. She worked her way through about 20-25 of them before i realized what was happening.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #16 on: October 11, 2018, 07:21:31 pm »
17 years ago I had a female 9th grade student that used to gnaw on the hot melt glue sticks. She worked her way through about 20-25 of them before i realized what was happening.

Most are predominantly ethylene-vinyl acetate, which is pretty harmless.  I bet she's doing fine now, oral fixation notwithstanding.

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2018, 07:35:30 pm »
@CatherineofAragon

I taught fifth grade for a few years until I became a counselor, then associate school psychologist.  In fifth grade, I watched for kids eating pencil erasers and eating "paste".  Maybe kids don't have that paste anymore. This school was the richest per capita school in Texas.  There was an oil field there.  Due to that oil field money, school lunch was free.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 07:37:23 pm by Victoria33 »

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2018, 07:38:31 pm »
I think it's unethical to tell stories like this about people.  Kids do odd, awkward things until they grow up some and know better.  It seems like a betrayal for a trusted adult to tell stories "out of school" about people when they were little.  Now, if they'd turned out to be a serial killer and we were trying to figure out how they turned out that way, this might be OK, but this definitely isn't.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2018, 08:28:23 pm »
I think it's unethical to tell stories like this about people.  Kids do odd, awkward things until they grow up some and know better.  It seems like a betrayal for a trusted adult to tell stories "out of school" about people when they were little. 
Good point!
 Note that none of our anecdotes (pencil eater, lip stapler, etc.) named names, unlike this clearly partisan and - as you said - unethical teacher who is trying to damage Miller's reputation for some reason.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2018, 08:29:33 pm »
He also picked his nose and ate is boogers to help the paste taste better.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2018, 08:30:19 pm »
I think it's unethical to tell stories like this about people.  Kids do odd, awkward things until they grow up some and know better.  It seems like a betrayal for a trusted adult to tell stories "out of school" about people when they were little.  Now, if they'd turned out to be a serial killer and we were trying to figure out how they turned out that way, this might be OK, but this definitely isn't.

Since when are the MSM and Lib teachers ethical?

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2018, 09:11:56 pm »
Since when are the MSM and Lib teachers ethical?

I guess when we started giving them a pass on ethics for being leftists?

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2018, 09:27:34 pm »
Good grief, if anyone was to base their opinion of me on viewing how jumbled my locker was in 9th grade, I would be thrown under the jail. I chewed pencils, I lost countless articles of clothing (usually jackets) and was disorganized in most every way (yet I made straight A's). My sister was organized out the yahoo, she made straight A's, my younger brother was just about as much a mess (and ate glue) and he is freaking brilliant (and made straight A's).... Dad had the highest ACT score in the state his senior year, he still is a pack rat, mom was a brilliant artist, she could get along with anyone, a social bee, and a good decorator, could arc weld the most beautiful bead you ever saw, she barely passed most her classes.

We are individuals for gosh sake. Shame on this teacher for saying anything other than she is proud to have taught him and being proud of how well he turned out.

True story: Mom would just go to school about twice a year and go through the "lost and found" clothing and pick out my stuff I forgot and lost. I am still a little absent minded when I focus on stuff (and forget about everything else). Multitasking is still not my strong point.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2018, 09:32:29 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2018, 09:47:04 pm »
"Stephen Miller's Third-Grade Teacher: He Was a “Loner" and Ate Glue"

I don't think I've ever heard of "Stephen Miller" before this thread.
Is he supposed to be someone important?

Aside:
I do remember a "Steve Miller Band" from years and years ago, but I didn't think this was that guy...