Author Topic: Bong maker totally bummed about Houston smoke shops that allegedly sell knock-offs  (Read 1194 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Houston Chronicle by  Gabrielle Banks Oct. 10, 2018

A top-of-the-line bong maker in Amsterdam says what a string of Houston smoke shops is doing is doing is a total buzzkill.

The company says the local merchants, High Times, How High, Still Smokin, Smoke Kings and others have been peddling knock-off versions of its exclusive, award-winning glass water pipes, in violation of federal trademark law, according to court documents filed Tuesday in Houston.

The seven stores facing lawsuits Tuesday also include GM Smoke and Boutique, 290 Smoke Shop in Jersey Village and All Star Smoke Shop in Richmond. About 100 shops across Texas will soon face similar lawsuits if they continue to, you know, Bogart the sleek designer's good name, a lawyer for the company said.

---For those less hip, Sasson said, RooR water pipes are basically the equivalent of Gucci or Louis Vuitton. The fakes are cheaply made and might sell from $150 less, he said.

More: https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Bong-maker-totally-bummed-about-Houston-smoke-13296429.php

Offline Frank Cannon

WTF are these Amsterdamers talking about? Their bongs are about a generic as it gets. We were building this shit out of stolen lab equipment in college.....

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Don't need alla that!

Offline Frank Cannon

Don't need alla that!

What are you? In High School? First off the paper towel roll starts catching fire after hard usage. Then you are blowing burning cardboard and dope. Beyond that the hit is too damn harsh. You need the water to cool that shit down when you are shot gunning smoke.

The only thing paper towel rolls are good for is filling with Bounce sheets to blow the smoke through to cut down on the smell in case the RA is walking by your door.

Offline corbe

I wish my connection would stop hiding her stash in the Cat Litter box.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

I wish my connection would stop hiding her stash in the Cat Litter box.

Wait. An article right in your wheelhouse, where your technical expertise can speak with authority, and that's all you've got?

Lame.  :nono:

:laugh:

Offline Frank Cannon

Wait. An article right in your wheelhouse, where your technical expertise can speak with authority, and that's all you've got?

Lame.  :nono:

:laugh:

LOL. Right on.