Author Topic: 153 TEXAS SHERIFFS ENDORSE TED CRUZ  (Read 782 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
153 TEXAS SHERIFFS ENDORSE TED CRUZ
« on: October 09, 2018, 11:49:59 am »
I am a Texan 10/8/2018

A total of 153 Texas County Sheriffs––including six *Democrats––signed on to a letter condemning Congressman Beto O’Rourke’s divisive rhetoric against law enforcement and endorsing Sen. Ted Cruz for re-election. This is an increase of 57 Sheriffs from less than a week ago. This new total means a clear majority (60%) of the Sheriffs across Texas have endorsed Sen. Ted Cruz.

“As law enforcement officers, we put our lives on the line each day to protect and serve the Texas communities where we live, work and raise our families,” the sheriffs write. “We know first-hand that being in law enforcement is more challenging in today’s times than at almost any point in history. And sadly, Beto O’Rourke has gone even further than the all-too-familiar rhetoric that inflames anger towards peace officers.”

The letter continues, “As experienced law enforcement professionals, we believe that nothing is more important than to serve and protect the communities we live in. Ted Cruz understands this – and he is the right choice for our law enforcement community, and we believe, for Texans at large.”

The original letter may be viewed here and text of the letter may be found below.
https://www.tedcruz.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/Texas-Sheriffs-Supporting-Ted-Cruz.pdf

The letter has now been signed on to by the following county sheriffs:

More: http://iamatexan.com/2018/10/153-texas-sheriffs-endorse-ted-cruz/

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: 153 TEXAS SHERIFFS ENDORSE TED CRUZ
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 03:42:24 pm »
Very good news!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ConstitutionRose

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2018, 05:55:28 pm »
 :thumbsup:
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 05:59:07 pm »
Bet I can guess which county sheriffs didn't endorse Ted......
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.