Author Topic: Trump, GOP aim to weaponize Kavanaugh vote ahead of November  (Read 372 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump, GOP aim to weaponize Kavanaugh vote ahead of November
« on: October 06, 2018, 11:22:38 pm »
Trump, GOP aim to weaponize Kavanaugh vote ahead of November
By Jordain Carney - 10/06/18 07:06 PM EDT

President Trump and congressional Republicans are seeking to weaponize the Supreme Court fight as they head into the final month of campaigning before the November midterm elections.

The Senate confirmed Brett Kavanaugh on Saturday on almost entirely Republican votes, giving the party, and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), a significant victory less than a month out from the midterms.

Though Republicans hold a favorable Senate map, they are fighting historical headwinds as they try to keep control of Congress. They hope Kavanaugh’s confirmation and the deeply partisan fight over his nomination will help their party and give their base a shot in the arm.

Taking a media victory lap Saturday in the wake of the confirmation fight, the normally tight-lipped Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) pledged to tout the fight over Kavanaugh––and the win for Republicans––in the final four weeks of campaigning before the Nov. 6 elections.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/410245-trump-gop-aim-to-weaponize-kavanaugh-vote-ahead-of-november
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Re: Trump, GOP aim to weaponize Kavanaugh vote ahead of November
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2018, 01:52:35 am »
Keep the Senate, lose the House is what I heard earlier.

In recent years, the GOP has really controlled the House, too bad if that goes.

Offline bilo

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2018, 03:10:20 am »

I'm not so sure they will lose the House. Does the country want never ending investigations, attempts to impeach everyone in sight and nonstop hysteria? I don't think so. It seems like it, but we really don't get accurate reporting anymore and the polls are biased.

I think the Pubs can hang in there if they just keep emphasizing how the Rats revealed what they believe in the Kavanaugh hearings. I know I don't want to live in a country where you are guilty until you prove your innocence and even then you may still be deemed guilty.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2018, 03:17:01 am »

Not if the GOP base is fired up. That changes everything.

I've never been so pumped for a midterm,  especially when the GOP has had the White House.