Author Topic: Mayor de Blasio dismisses homeless woman in NYC gym: 'I'm doing my workout'  (Read 997 times)

Offline mountaineer

Mayor de Blasio dismisses homeless woman in NYC gym: 'I'm doing my workout'
By Paulina Dedaj | Fox News

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio told a homeless woman “I’m in the middle of doing my workout” when she approached him at Brooklyn gym Friday morning asking why more housing wasn’t available for the city's homeless population.

Nathylin Flower Adesegun, a 72-year-old activist with VOCAL-NY, can be seen in a video approaching the mayor at a YMCA in the Park Slope area. She asked him why, by some figures, just 5 percent of the 300,000 units in his affordable housing program will go to the city’s homeless population.

“I’m in the middle of doing my workout,” de Blasio said. “I can’t do this now.”

De Blasio’s security detail stepped in as the mayor walked away saying, “I’m not doing this here.”   ...
Rest of story

It seems these "activists" ambushed him, a tactic of which I don't approve no matter who you are. But it's still amusing to see leftists turn on one another. By the way, 5% of 300,000 is still 15,000. As we've often seen, many of the "homeless" don't want to live in an apartment and will choose to roam the streets no matter how many living units are made available to them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org