Author Topic: I Never Thought I’d Be This Disappointed In Jordan Peterson - Chicks On The Right Blog  (Read 2765 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I Never Thought I’d Be This Disappointed In Jordan Peterson
Ashley (Kimber)

(snipped)

I just saw this on my Twitter feed. I’m dumbfounded. I’m legitimately speechless.

WHAT?

So basically if confirmed… we should capitulate to the screaming Democrats to confirm that screaming bloody murder and STOOPING LOWER THAN WE THOUGHT WAS EVER POSSIBLE gets you what you want?!

Read more at: https://www.chicksonright.com/blog/2018/10/06/i-never-thought-id-be-this-disappointed-in-jordan-peterson/

Never saw this website before. Their point seems well-taken. Sometimes, even folks whose views we admire let us down greatly.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 11:18:34 am by TomSea »

Offline endicom

Sometimes, even folks whose views we admire let us down greatly.

Just sometimes? There are no perfect people and can't be because your perfect and my perfect can't perfectly align.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't think Peterson fully understands the American right, and has bought into some of the propaganda from the left with regard to the right.  But - he does a good job of keeping us honest.  Some of the things we do are boneheaded and lacking logic and integrity.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
He is having one of those  "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." moments.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Never saw this website before. Their point seems well-taken. Sometimes, even folks whose views we admire let us down greatly.

I used to be a regular reader of the Chicks on the Right, but then Daisy and Mock hired two millenial J-school grads to write for them, and I quickly tired of the "He's just totes with the idea!!" phraseology.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
He is having one of those  "Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do." moments.

Happy Saturday, Fred. 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Happy Saturday, Fred.

I slept all day yesterday. I was extremely ill for a week, then worked a 40 hour week in 3 days.

I had another thought on this topic. It seems like he is saying it would be enough to count this as a psychological win instead of a real, tangible win for Conservatism.

People (Conservatives) have tended towards fighting a more ideological war than an actual put your money where your mouth is and keep it there war.

Information is useless unless it is put to use.

She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I slept all day yesterday. I was extremely ill for a week, then worked a 40 hour week in 3 days.

I had another thought on this topic. It seems like he is saying it would be enough to count this as a psychological win instead of a real, tangible win for Conservatism.

People (Conservatives) have tended towards fighting a more ideological war than an actual put your money where your mouth is and keep it there war.

Information is useless unless it is put to use.

That's a great point, Fred.  I get terribly frustrated with those of us who think fighting on the internet is somehow an adequate contribution on their part.

You feeling OK now?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
That's a great point, Fred.  I get terribly frustrated with those of us who think fighting on the internet is somehow an adequate contribution on their part.

You feeling OK now?

I'm tired. I had some kind of stomach virus and didn't eat much of anything, except a few crackers, for four days. Didn't get much rest/sleep and then did three long work days. Too much stress also. So instead of half crazy been pretty much full on crazy.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'm tired. I had some kind of stomach virus and didn't eat much of anything, except a few crackers, for four days. Didn't get much rest/sleep and then did three long work days. Too much stress also. So instead of half crazy been pretty much full on crazy.

Are you getting some R&R this weekend? 

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
Are you getting some R&R this weekend?

If you mean fishing, it is cold and raining. Maybe tomorrow. But in bed with a heat pad watching tv. I am eating, too.

I think I understand Peterson's meaning on the complexity. To put it simply. Anything (information) that exposes a lie isn't, or doesn't necessarily mean, it is the truth. Objective vs subjective.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
If you mean fishing, it is cold and raining. Maybe tomorrow. But in bed with a heat pad watching tv. I am eating, too.

I think I understand Peterson's meaning on the complexity. To put it simply. Anything (information) that exposes a lie isn't, or doesn't necessarily mean, it is the truth. Objective vs subjective.

Interesting point.  I'll have to think on it a bit.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Because Peterson makes strong arguments against the New Leftist social justice, progressivism, many mistakenly call him a "conservative."

The IDW is not a "conservative" happening, despite efforts (by liberal mainstream critics) to characterize it as such.

I am surprised he offered an opinion on Kavanaugh.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Because Peterson makes strong arguments against the New Leftist social justice, progressivism, many mistakenly call him a "conservative."

The IDW is not a "conservative" happening, despite efforts (by liberal mainstream critics) to characterize it as such.

I am surprised he offered an opinion on Kavanaugh.

Yes, I found that very surprising too.  But, he is very concerned about the trajectory of our society right now and he may see this event as being significant to comment on.

Offline the_doc

I don't think Peterson fully understands the American right, and has bought into some of the propaganda from the left with regard to the right.  But - he does a good job of keeping us honest.  Some of the things we do are boneheaded and lacking logic and integrity.

I have always regarded Peterson as a sort of conservative liberal, i.e. a liberal in the classical sense.  (Overall, I still like him--but I agree with your assessment that he doesn't yet understand the American right.)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused

You feeling OK now?

Tom, your comment is not on the topic of the IDW and has been deleted.  Do not bring personal insults and grudges in here.  I hope you understand why this is a grudge-free, insult-free zone.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2018, 01:27:36 pm by Sanguine »

Offline Suppressed

JBP has stated that based on his training and experience, he believes he can tell when someone has been hurt versus when they're lying and just claiming harm for political purposes (e.g., whether "the right pronoun" really is important to a supposedly aggrieved party).

Perhaps what he's saying here is that he believes her, based on his training and experience.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Frank Cannon

This right here is why I never got into the hype on what this Canuck with the faggity ass accent had to say about shit.

Offline Suppressed

+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
I have always regarded Peterson as a sort of conservative liberal, i.e. a liberal in the classical sense.  (Overall, I still like him--but I agree with your assessment that he doesn't yet understand the American right.)
Peterson is a Classical Liberal, as was Milton Friedman and others.

Mny similar figures, go back and forthbetween libertarian, and slassical figure. Larry Elder being one such.

David Rubin who toured with Peterson, now identifies as classical liberal.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I'll buy it.  He seems to have learned.