Author Topic: 86% of people can't guess these 48 car parts by looking at just one image. Can you?  (Read 2823 times)

Offline endicom

40 out of 48 without looking at any hints. Wasn't always sure of what I was seeing.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
I got 44, but I was just lucky guessing on a few.

Offline endicom

I got 44, but I was just lucky guessing on a few.

Stuff just don't look like it used to. Especially the stuff that didn't used to exist.

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
45 out of 48!

I do much of my own vehicle work so one could say I "cheated" due to my experience with newer vehicles and the fact that I just love turning wrenches.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2018, 03:16:48 am by SZonian »
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
44 but not much a mechanic here, just grandpa left me a bunch of old Mopar parts I had to id.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline RoosGirl

Gosh dang it, i'm in trouble.  40 out of 48.

I think @Frank Cannon needs a go at this, of course I'm sure he'll get 50 out of 48.

Offline Frank Cannon

Looks like I am in the 14%. I can even name the dude in the glasses in one of those pics. Scotty Kilmer.

BTW some of those pics are junk and designed to screw people up.

Online corbe

They screwed me up I mistook Gas Cap/Radiator Cap and gave up, running from Failure.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Hoodat

44 out of 48.  And yes, some of those pics are junk.  Missed the gas cap question.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Frank Cannon

44 out of 48.  And yes, some of those pics are junk.  Missed the gas cap question.

You could tell it was a gas cap because it had venting in it.

Offline the_doc

You could tell it was a gas cap because it had venting in it.

I got 28 out of 31 and then quit when the website kept locking up on me. 

I noticed that a lot of the parts didn't even exist when I last worked on my cars (about 40 years ago). 

Offline Night Hides Not

I got 28 out of 31 and then quit when the website kept locking up on me. 

I noticed that a lot of the parts didn't even exist when I last worked on my cars (about 40 years ago).

I hear ya...I actually feel pretty good about getting 37/48. A lot of this stuff didn't exist when I was a maintenance officer for the worst year of my Army career. It was one of those jobs that had all of the responsibility, but no authority.

About a month into my tenure, my motor sergeant and I took a hard look at every vehicle in our unit, resulting in a 4 page deadline report. That didn't go over very well with battalion HQ, especially the new acronym I developed for vehicles with more than a few things wrong with them: MFB (Mother F-----'s Broke). It was 1978-1979, during the Carter Administration, when the funds for maintenance and training were scarce, and most of our equipment was aged.

That job hastened my decision to not see the Army as a career. lol
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
45 of 48, even with a couple bad pics.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Blizzardnh

48 of 48 . But i have been a mechanic for 30 plus yrs.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
40 out of 48 without looking at any hints. Wasn't always sure of what I was seeing.
Some of the pictures were terrible, in a couple they deliberately covered a portion that would make the part obvious. Of course the last two cars I actually worked on were a 63' Studebaker and an 02' Silverado. Oh, I got 45 out of 48.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Looks like I am in the 14%. I can even name the dude in the glasses in one of those pics. Scotty Kilmer.

BTW some of those pics are junk and designed to screw people up.
Looks like Scotty is saying "Hey, I didn't know she was your wife, don't shoot".

Offline goatprairie

38 out of 48, and I'm almost a complete ignoramus about car parts.

Silver Pines

I knoiw nothing about cars, but I was getting more right than wrong by process of elimination and paying attention to the description.  And guessing, lol.  I gave up when I got bored.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It is common to score high on these 'quizzes'. They want you to win so you will post to FB and brag to your friends. They all go to the website to beat your time or score which is paid by how many people visit.

But they fun sometimes, except when they get so easy that they are just silly. "Which one of these pictures is a banana?" This is a real question on a quiz about recognizing esoteric fruits. That's when I quit.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Silver Pines

It is common to score high on these 'quizzes'. They want you to win so you will post to FB and brag to your friends. They all go to the website to beat your time or score which is paid by how many people visit.

But they fun sometimes, except when they get so easy that they are just silly. "Which one of these pictures is a banana?" This is a real question on a quiz about recognizing esoteric fruits. That's when I quit.

Exactly, and what's the point of giving hints for each question?  Might as well just give out the answers. 

Offline goatprairie

Exactly, and what's the point of giving hints for each question?  Might as well just give out the answers.
Multiple choice tests always reward guessers like me. They usually include at least, sometimes two solutions that are obviously wrong. That gives a shrewd ignoramus (like me) a fighting chance.
If it was a "describe the part" test with no clues, I would have scored much lower.