Author Topic: Beto O'Rourke on possible endorsement from Obama: "I don't think we're interested."  (Read 690 times)

Online corbe

Beto O'Rourke on possible endorsement from Obama: "I don't think we're interested."

Former President Barack Obama has endorsed nearly a dozen Texas Democrats so far this election year. But Beto O'Rourke isn't one of them. On Thursday the border Democrat said that was fine by him.

by Julián Aguilar Oct. 4, 20186 hours ago

EL PASO — Former President Barack Obama has endorsed 11 Texas Democrats leading up to next month’s midterm elections. But none go by the popular four-letter moniker “Beto”.

On Thursday, the three-term Democratic congressman looking to unseat incumbent Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, had a simple response to being left off the list: We’re doing fine on our own.

“I don’t think we’re interested [in an endorsement],” Beto O’Rourke said after a town hall at a local high school. “I am so grateful to him for his service, he’s going to go down as one of the greatest presidents. And yet, this [election] is on Texas.”

Obama’s endorsements include five candidates for the Texas House and six vying for the U.S Congress, including O’Rourke’s likely Democratic successor, former El Paso County Judge Veronica Escobar.

<..snip..>

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/10/04/beto-orourke-says-hes-not-interested-barack-obama-endorsement/

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

This'll pizz off most Blacks in Texas.  Just goes to show ya that Willie still has the good $hit.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
“I am so grateful to him for his service, he’s going to go down as one of the greatest presidents." So says Beatoff about Bammy.

Please, Ted Cruz, use this in an ad.
Principles matter. Words matter.