Author Topic: Voting in Texas  (Read 1034 times)

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Voting in Texas
« on: October 04, 2018, 09:57:51 pm »
I wanted to know when early voting starts and thought y'all might appreciate the information too.

Elections in Texas, 2018

General election: Nov. 6
    Voter registration deadline: Oct. 9
    Early voting: Oct. 22 - Nov. 2
    Absentee voting deadline: Nov. 7

Online registration: No
    Same-day registration: No
    Voter ID: Photo ID required
    Poll times: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.

On the ballot: U.S. Senate • U.S. House • Congressional special elections • Governor • Lt. Gov • Attorney General • State executive offices • State Senate • State House • Special state legislative • Supreme court • Appellate courts • Local judges • Local ballot measures • School boards • Municipal • Recalls • Democratic primaries • Republican primaries

Voting in Texas
Election Policy Logo.png
Important 2018 dates
Voter registration (primary):
February 5, 2018
Primary election:
March 6, 2018
Voter registration (general):
October 9, 2018
General election:
November 6, 2018
Voter registration
Online registration: No
Same-day registration: No
Election Day requirements
Voter ID: Photo ID required
Poll times: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Absentee and early voting
Absentee: Available only to those who cannot make it to the polls on Election Day
Early: Yes
2018 elections
What's on the ballot in Texas in 2018? Click here to find out.

Voting policies are enacted and enforced primarily at the state level. These policies, which include voter identification requirements, early voting provisions, online voter registration systems, and more, dictate the conditions under which American citizens cast their ballots in their individual states.
THE BASICS
Texas permits early voting, but does not allow online voter registration and no-excuse absentee voting.
Texas' voter ID law has been subject to legal challenges. See below for further details.

https://ballotpedia.org/Voting_in_Texas

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Voting in Texas
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2018, 10:03:32 pm »
Can't wait to vote for Trump. Cruz. LOL! :rolling:
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 09:53:27 pm by austingirl »
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2018, 07:39:48 pm »
I wanted to know when early voting starts and thought y'all might appreciate the information too.
Always good to get a reminder.

My mom always tell my lib brother that election day is the day after it occurs so he likely won't vote.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2018, 02:58:53 am »
Am visiting Austin today and radio announced that 91% of all voting age people in Texas have registered to vote, and that is expected to climb to 93% by election time.

This means a lot of young and otherwise people who do not typically vote might indeed do so this cycle.

We need to stay alert,

And vote.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2018, 03:00:47 am »
Am visiting Austin today and radio announced that 91% of all voting age people in Texas have registered to vote, and that is expected to climb to 93% by election time.

This means a lot of young and otherwise people who do not typically vote might indeed do so this cycle.

We need to stay alert,

And vote.

91%?  Yeah, I would question that number, but maybe true.  And, most of them won't show up to vote, but you're correct, it is a concern.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2018, 03:06:44 am »

That is bullshit. No way that many people register. Something tells me that there are a lot of fraudulent names in those rolls. Illegals, the dead and people in comas. How honest is your govt' down there? You guys have a Soros stooge as a Sec of State?