Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke won’t beat Ted Cruz [Opinion]  (Read 793 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Beto O’Rourke won’t beat Ted Cruz [Opinion]
« on: October 03, 2018, 10:40:17 pm »
Houston Chronicle by Ed Rogers 10/3/2018

Washington Democrats and liberal media outlets have spent so much time on their “search and destroy” mission against Judge Brett Kavanaugh that they have barely been able to keep up with their love affair with Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D-Texas. O’Rourke’s race against Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, has become the latest heartthrob and cause of the fashionable new left.

Think of O’Rourke as a wannabe variant of North Carolina’s John Edwards circa 1998. Like Edwards 20 years ago, O’Rourke is glib, hip and full of today’s most shallow platitudes. He is wrapped in a package of youth and modern liberalism. As is the case with a lot of Democratic candidates these days, O’Rourke needs to speak in banalities.

He is completely illiterate when it comes to talking about the economic environment - including relaxed regulatory burdens and a friendly tax system - that has made Texas a powerhouse for growth and jobs.

More: https://www.chron.com/opinion/outlook/article/Beto-O-Rourke-won-t-beat-Ted-Cruz-Opinion-13277013.php

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Re: Beto O’Rourke won’t beat Ted Cruz [Opinion]
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2018, 11:02:37 pm »
The Houston Chronicle?  Wow.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2018, 11:06:34 pm »

By the time election day gets here you won't be able to find a Paddy O'Rourke voter in Texas with a pack of bloodhounds.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 11:15:14 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2018, 11:13:16 pm »

Yep. And the Chronicle is as liberal as they come (for the ill-informed).

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2018, 12:32:28 am »
This is my opinion as well. Have the weak-minded who were O'Rourke's fans finally awakened to the DUI, criminal trespass, insider trading soon after getting to Congress, and now foreign campaign money that was over the limits as well? I sure hope so.
Principles matter. Words matter.