Author Topic: Poll: Democrat Heitkamp down 10 points to GOP challenger in ND Senate race  (Read 1213 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Poll: Democrat Heitkamp down 10 points to GOP challenger in ND Senate race
Emily Birnbaum

Sen. Heidi Heitkamp (D-N.D.), who is considered one of the most vulnerable Senate Democrats this election season, trails her GOP challenger by 10 points, according to a new Gray TV poll.

Fifty-one percent of likely voters polled said they are backing Rep. Kevin Cramer (R-N.D.), while 41 percent said they support Heitkamp. Eight percent reported they are undecided.
a group of people standing around each other© Provided by The Hill

The poll emerges as Heitkamp and other red-state Democrats struggle to navigate the controversy surrounding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's confirmation. Heitkamp is seeking to keep her seat in a state that went to President Trump by double-digits in 2016.

Read more at: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/poll-democrat-heitkamp-down-10-points-to-gop-challenger-in-nd-senate-race/ar-BBNPt5E

She's out, she can vote for Kavanaugh and she'd probably still be out. She toed the Democrat line this year. All in all, as a Democrat, she probably has made more just decisions than most. North Dakota is so pro-life, it can be proven a lot of Dems have voted pro-life actually. Sparsely populated state though.

Offline endicom

One day I'm seeing red and the next I'm seeing Red. I'll be manic-depressive before this is over.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
I would think, she will vote "No" against Kavanaugh. She really doesn't have much to lose. 10 points is huge unless the poll is just faulty. In 2018, I followed her voting history some and it was all for the Democrats.

debrawiest

She's out, she can vote for Kavanaugh and she'd probably still be out. She toed the Democrat line this year. All in all, as a Democrat, she probably has made more just decisions than most. North Dakota is so pro-life, it can be proven a lot of Dems have voted pro-life actually. Sparsely populated state though.

Heidi is NOT pro-life in any way, shape or form. She has voted for the vilest of abortion laws.

She has raised a buttload of money this election cycle. Much more than her opponent.  The difference is her opponent spends quite a bit of time traveling throughout the state, visiting the small towns and listening to the his constituents. Heidi hides out in DC and the only person she allows to question her is her brother Joel. JMHO.

One more thing about Heidi.  When my daughter attended Girls State, she got the opportunity to interview Heidi for the Girls State newspaper.  My daughter was already conservative at the time.  She said that Heidi was extremely pleasant and fun to talk with. So yeah....