Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Judicial Hearing  (Read 73740 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: LIVE THREAD>>>Judicial Hearing
« Reply #1775 on: October 02, 2018, 04:28:35 pm »
Kavanaugh was left off the original list of 21 in part because his jurisdiction is Washington, D.C., and Trump was elected as an outsider. When Trump's first two lists were released last year, totaling 21 names, they tilted heavily toward judges from "red" states, including many state Supreme Court judges with no federal court experience.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/11/17/trump-adds-five-names-list-potential-supreme-court-justices/875983001/

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1776 on: October 02, 2018, 04:30:13 pm »
That wasn't a personal attack.  But hey whatever snowflake.

That's pretty hypocritical coming from the guy that posted that crap about Cruz a few posts back.  You're just upset because I called you on it. 

YOU are the one that likes to "to discuss matters dishonestly" and you have a long documented history of it.

Now focus and try to stay on topic and don't go off on one of your unrelated totally whimsical Ted Cruz rants.

You are nothing but personal attacks right now... and as we now see, that Cruz placed the name on the list shows this was not a true statement yet, you name-call over that. I saw someone else mention your attacks and how they were putting you on ignore.  I will not spend one more second on this. You are deflecting on the issue, making accusations. No reason to spend another second here.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1777 on: October 02, 2018, 04:34:40 pm »
There are clearly a number of non-Conservatives on this forum.

We see now the intial untruth of saying Cruz put Kavanaugh's name on the list.

Well, if there are non-conservatives on this forum, that certainly applies to you. I didn't abandon the pro-life cause over my own personal hurt feelings over an individual but make personal attacks if you have to. You are breaking forum rules and yes, you are doing that. 

I think Hoodat was making a joke.

Besides, being Christian, supporting Romney and then Trump, my views actually line up with Cruz's; more than the cussing posting girly pictures crowd does.

I have no time to give to TRG, you or anyone else, who feel you must abuse posters here.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1778 on: October 02, 2018, 04:40:45 pm »
You are nothing but personal attacks right now... and as we now see, that Cruz placed the name on the list shows this was not a true statement yet, you name-call over that. I saw someone else mention your attacks and how they were putting you on ignore. 

I didn't personally attack you.  Sorry if you're upset because you were mocked over randomly throwing one of your patented attacks on Cruz in there...but you should expect that these days when you purposely hijack a thread with your hate-on for all things Ted.

And listen cupcake I didn't name call. (THAT was name calling by the way just so you're clear)  I responded to the way you demanded I prove a claim I didn't make.  You sounded just like every Dem senator on the judiciary committee about Judge Kavanaugh.

That's called an observation.  There's a difference.

I will not spend one more second on this. You are deflecting on the issue, making accusations. No reason to spend another second here.

Well...bye.   :seeya:

Maybe now we can get back to the real topic of this thread.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1779 on: October 02, 2018, 04:42:43 pm »

Well, if there are non-conservatives on this forum, that certainly applies to you. I didn't abandon the pro-life cause over my own personal hurt feelings over an individual but make personal attacks if you have to. You are breaking forum rules and yes, you are doing that. 

Besides, being Christian, supporting Romney and then Trump, my views actually line up with Cruz's; more than the cussing posting girly pictures crowd does.

I have no time to give to TRG, you or anyone else, who feel you must abuse posters here.

Considering the blatant falsehoods you're posted here and the subtle threats you've made to members in the past...you have no room at all to judge anyone on here or criticize their actions.

Glass houses and such...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1780 on: October 02, 2018, 04:54:31 pm »
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2018/07/10/brett-kavanaughs-first-claim-as-a-supreme-court-nominee-was-bizarre/?utm_term=.ecd814d65125

Trump actually leaned quite heavily on a list of names he did not put together himself but were instead provided by the conservative Federalist Society. 

As Cruz is a member. he could have been instrumental in the creation of that list.

Offline verga

« Reply #1781 on: October 02, 2018, 05:14:26 pm »
To me the most notable thing is that Barrett was the last addition, and is now presumably the next in line.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1782 on: October 02, 2018, 05:20:19 pm »
To me the most notable thing is that Barrett was the last addition, and is now presumably the next in line.

I'd love to see her take over for RBG.  I just hope Judge Barrett and the others on Trump's list are taking notes of what is happening with Judge Kavanaugh and prepare for what's going to get tossed at them if they get the call from the WH.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1783 on: October 02, 2018, 05:22:42 pm »

Abuse?  Can we say hyperbole??  I merely stated the FACT that there are people on this forum who are not conservative.  They may be loyal Republicans, but they are not Conservatives.

That is not "abuse" in any way, shape or form.

Are you quite done with your thread hijack now?  I'm here for information, and you're getting in the way.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1784 on: October 02, 2018, 05:24:34 pm »
I'd love to see her take over for RBG.  I just hope Judge Barrett and the others on Trump's list are taking notes of what is happening with Judge Kavanaugh and prepare for what's going to get tossed at them if they get the call from the WH.

Absolutely essential. 

What is happening to Kavanaugh is unprecedented, but every nominee going forward needs to expect this kind of assault on truth.

Kavanaugh was blindsided, but everyone else should expect this.

The demons have been unleashed.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #1785 on: October 02, 2018, 07:42:48 pm »
Wow.....I’ll bet the EEG printout looked like the 1906 San Fran earthquake, during the thought process in the posting above.   
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Silver Pines

« Reply #1786 on: October 02, 2018, 07:44:11 pm »
@catfish1957, are you molesting posters again?  I thought you were told to stop that!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1787 on: October 02, 2018, 07:54:02 pm »
@catfish1957, are you molesting posters again?  I thought you were told to stop that!

:beer:

Offline corbe

« Reply #1788 on: October 02, 2018, 07:58:56 pm »
   Did someone say BBQ?

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1789 on: October 02, 2018, 08:22:00 pm »
Alrighty then...I hate this kind of post reports....

@TomSea @txradioguy @catfish1957

leave ea other alone...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1790 on: October 02, 2018, 09:13:24 pm »
Kavanaugh was already on Mitt Romney's list in 2012.

Yet he wasn't on Donald Trump's list in 2016.

Trump Wins Ted Cruz's Vote With Supreme Court List
Todd Ruger

Updated 5:15 p.m. | Texas Sen. Ted Cruz’s endorsement of Donald Trump came only hours after the Republican presidential nominee had put his friend and colleague Utah Sen. Mike Lee on a list of potential Supreme Court picks.

And even though Lee had expressed disinterest in being included on Trump’s list Friday, the potential court pick was a central part of Cruz’s reasoning for changing gears and backing Trump.

In a Facebook post, Cruz said the Supreme Court hangs in the balance in the election. He said Lee “would make an extraordinary justice” and cited Trump’s “explicit commitment” to nominate only from “a very strong” list of 21 potential nominees.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/trump-court-lee

I find nothing that says Ted Cruz put Kavanaugh's name on the list of nominees for Trump.

Here are the ten names that were added in Sept 2016:

• Mike Lee
  • Neil Gorsuch
  • Margaret Ryan
  • Edward Mansfield
  • Keith Blackwell
  • Charles Canady
  • Timothy Tymkovich
  • Amul Thapar
  • Frederico Moreno
  • Robert Young

Still no Kavanaugh on Trump's list.

One year after the election, the White House 25 names on "Donald Trump's Supreme Court List".  The five names added to that list from 14 months prior are:

• Amy Coney Barrett
  • Britt Grant
  • Brett Kavanaugh
  • Kevin Newsom
  • Patrick Wyrick

Now sure, you can argue that there is no record of Ted Cruz penning in Kavanaugh's name on the 2017 list.  But one thing is clear.  Sometime during a 14-month period where Cruz and Trump held private meetings more than once, the names of five staunch Conservatives found their way onto that list.  So clearly, someone other than Trump was able to influence the selection process by diluting the moderate sway of the original 11 with the addition of judges who are to the right of Scalia.

Personally, I am grateful to Conservatives like Ted Cruz who have been able to project a strong Conservative influence on the process, and who have persevered over the unjust attacks of Trump sycophants - attacks that are no different than the ones Kavanaugh faces today.  And because of that, we now have a Neil Gorsuch (not on Trump's original list) on the court, and the possibility of a Kavanaugh, a Mike Lee, and/or a Amy Barrett joining him.

God bless Ted Cruz.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1791 on: October 02, 2018, 09:59:40 pm »

I find nothing that says Ted Cruz put Kavanaugh's name on the list of nominees for Trump.

• Mike Lee
  • Neil Gorsuch
  • Margaret Ryan
  • Edward Mansfield
  • Keith Blackwell
  • Charles Canady
  • Timothy Tymkovich
  • Amul Thapar
  • Frederico Moreno
  • Robert Young

One year after the election, the White House 25 names on "Donald Trump's Supreme Court List".  The five names added to that list from 14 months prior are:

• Amy Coney Barrett
  • Britt Grant
  • Brett Kavanaugh
  • Kevin Newsom
  • Patrick Wyrick

Now sure, you can argue that there is no record of Ted Cruz penning in Kavanaugh's name on the 2017 list.  But one thing is clear.  Sometime during a 14-month period where Cruz and Trump held private meetings more than once, the names of five staunch Conservatives found their way onto that list.  So clearly, someone other than Trump was able to influence the selection process by diluting the moderate sway of the original 11 with the addition of judges who are to the right of Scalia.

Personally, I am grateful to Conservatives like Ted Cruz who have been able to project a strong Conservative influence on the process, and who have persevered over the unjust attacks of Trump sycophants - attacks that are no different than the ones Kavanaugh faces today.  And because of that, we now have a Neil Gorsuch (not on Trump's original list) on the court, and the possibility of a Kavanaugh, a Mike Lee, and/or a Amy Barrett joining him.

God bless Ted Cruz.

Beautifully said, @Hoodat.

Offline corbe

« Reply #1792 on: October 02, 2018, 10:06:30 pm »
 goopo

Thanks @Hoodat
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1793 on: October 02, 2018, 10:47:56 pm »

• Mike Lee
  • Neil Gorsuch
  • Margaret Ryan
  • Edward Mansfield
  • Keith Blackwell
  • Charles Canady
  • Timothy Tymkovich
  • Amul Thapar
  • Frederico Moreno
  • Robert Young

• Amy Coney Barrett
  • Britt Grant
  • Brett Kavanaugh
  • Kevin Newsom
  • Patrick Wyrick

God bless Ted Cruz.

Huzzah!  888high58888

Offline musiclady

« Reply #1794 on: October 02, 2018, 11:15:52 pm »
Excellent summary and analysis @Hoodat .

Facts needed in the swirling accusations.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #1795 on: October 02, 2018, 11:50:21 pm »
 :amen:

• Mike Lee
  • Neil Gorsuch
  • Margaret Ryan
  • Edward Mansfield
  • Keith Blackwell
  • Charles Canady
  • Timothy Tymkovich
  • Amul Thapar
  • Frederico Moreno
  • Robert Young

• Amy Coney Barrett
  • Britt Grant
  • Brett Kavanaugh
  • Kevin Newsom
  • Patrick Wyrick

God bless Ted Cruz.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1796 on: October 03, 2018, 01:43:49 am »
No proof, say all of the flowery words one wants.

Just like saying Dr. Ford's lawyers, her counsel, er, aren't her counsel.  Er, lawyers, confusing isn't it.

At least, honesty reigned. Kavanaugh was a selection by Romney, Romney met with Trump, Kavanaugh was in the Ken Starr investigation on Bill Clinton, Kavanaugh was in the Bush administration.

Oh, but like the Border Wall and the Constitution, another thing that Ted Cruz invented.  Maybe next time, we can revisit some of the landmark legislation he passed or representing Obamacare in the private sector, the list goes on.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2018, 01:44:20 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1797 on: October 03, 2018, 01:47:46 am »

I think these two met as well. Kavanaugh was on Mitt's list as far back as 2012. So, purely unsubstantiated... not only that, how many DC politicians are in Trump's administration,

Ever hear of Jeff Sessions? Also, a lot of people keep track on this, I know, Ted Cruz invented the Constitution and the Wall from what one can read per some.... Jeff Sessions is AG now, think he could have had any input to that? Doh. Maybe even Steve Bannon knows about this, Newt Gingrich know Trump and the Clinton investigation with Ken Starr?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1798 on: October 03, 2018, 01:48:34 am »
At least, honesty reigned. Kavanaugh was a selection by Romney, Romney met with Trump, Kavanaugh was in the Ken Starr investigation on Bill Clinton, Kavanaugh was in the Bush administration.

That's beautiful and all.  Yet it was only after Trump met with Cruz that Kavanaugh's name appeared on the list.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1799 on: October 03, 2018, 01:49:57 am »
God Bless Newt Gingrich

God Bless Jeff Sessions

God Bless Mitt Romney.

88finger point

Not one ONE thread of evidence, just the Amen corner saying, "oh yeah".