Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>>Judicial Hearing  (Read 73929 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: LIVE THREAD>>>Judicial Hearing
« Reply #1725 on: September 30, 2018, 03:25:04 am »
That's an interesting observation.  She didn't pay them, but they sent and accepted correspondences on her behalf, doesn't that make them her attorneys, whether she paid them or not?

No.  Not unless it was set up that way from the beginning.  If they asked her to hire them while saying that some benefactor was paying the bills, then perhaps.  But I seriously doubt that is how it went down.  They are clearly working for an outside interest and are dragging her along for the ride.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #1726 on: September 30, 2018, 03:27:35 am »
No.  Not unless it was set up that way from the beginning.  If they asked her to hire them while saying that some benefactor was paying the bills, then perhaps.  But I seriously doubt that is how it went down.  They are clearly working for an outside interest and are dragging her along for the ride.

That's the way I understand it: whoever is paying them is the client. 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #1727 on: September 30, 2018, 03:35:38 am »
Orrin Hatch called them "Her Lawyers", he might be wrong. Also on that committee are Mike Lee, Ted Cruz. Ben Sasse, Lindsay Graham, former judge,  all keen legal minds, now, these last 3 did not directly comment on this that I know of. But it does seem that Orrin Hatch did.  This is the Judiciary Committee after all.

A key phrase, might be "Legal Representation", did they give her legal representation and does that constitute being her lawyers?

I don't disbelieve what anyone says but I will tend to lean on what Senator Hatch's words were and I would tend to think he is not misinformed on the issue.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 03:49:35 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

Gregg Jarrett: In Kavanaugh battle, are Ford's lawyers representing her, or the Democrats?

Gregg Jarrett

Professor Christine Blasey Ford – who has accused Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh of sexually assaulting her some 36 years ago – may well have been betrayed and victimized by her own attorneys, who are Democratic activists with a record of fierce opposition to President Trump.

As a result, the attorneys ostensibly representing Ford may have breached their client’s trust and violated their ethical responsibility to act in her best interests. They may instead be motivated primarily by a desire to block President Trump’s appointment of a conservative justice to the nation’s highest court. An investigation of their conduct is warranted to determine if this is the case.

Kavanaugh has strongly denied Ford’s claim that he groped her, tried unsuccessfully to take off her clothes, and covered her mouth to stop her from screaming when the two were high school students. “I’ve never sexually assaulted anyone,” he told the Senate Judiciary Committee at his confirmation hearing Thursday.

Read more at: http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2018/09/28/gregg-jarrett-in-kavanaugh-battle-are-fords-lawyers-representing-her-or-democrats.html

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1729 on: September 30, 2018, 03:43:37 am »
Why are you expecting ethics from lawyers?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1730 on: September 30, 2018, 04:42:44 am »
Why are you expecting ethics from lawyers?

I don't. Nor Democrats.

****drummer
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:48:05 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1731 on: September 30, 2018, 04:47:04 am »
Here's another thing, reading the comments to one of the articles.... I'm not sure if the "body language" matter was posted here... but I saw something on that.

That she came off with that "little girl talk" and it did seem she did and other "signs of being coached"... I'm not saying I buy all of this that some expert analyzed her body language and presentation but it's not a bad thing to consider... so then, that leaves us where we started from, that she may well be part of the plot, part of the "resistance".

Scrapped that article but I did read different ones.

I see analysis of Brett's body language too in articles, I trust if someone is interested in that, they can find it for themselves.

Quite a number of articles out there on all of this.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2018, 04:51:41 am by TomSea »

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1732 on: September 30, 2018, 08:42:35 am »
    Almost 70 pages and if I'm not mistaken, never locked, Kudos to all Briefers.

???

You're new here, aren't you?    *****rollingeyes*****
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1733 on: September 30, 2018, 02:53:01 pm »
Here's another thing, reading the comments to one of the articles.... I'm not sure if the "body language" matter was posted here... but I saw something on that.

That she came off with that "little girl talk" and it did seem she did and other "signs of being coached"... I'm not saying I buy all of this that some expert analyzed her body language and presentation but it's not a bad thing to consider... so then, that leaves us where we started from, that she may well be part of the plot, part of the "resistance".

Scrapped that article but I did read different ones.

I see analysis of Brett's body language too in articles, I trust if someone is interested in that, they can find it for themselves.

Quite a number of articles out there on all of this.

The articles out there are by liberals, and they say Ford was calm and collected, while Kav was agitated and angry, indicating deception.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #1734 on: September 30, 2018, 07:10:13 pm »
The articles out there are by liberals, and they say Ford was calm and collected, while Kav was agitated and angry, indicating deception.
It wouldn't have made any difference if Ford was agitated and angry and Kavanaugh appeared calm and collected. They would say Ford's anger was justified and Kavanaugh's coolness indicated he was a smug, conscienceless, frat boy who knew he could get away with it.
There's almost no way you can get people, liberals, who judge things on emotions and feelings to think objectively.  Thinking subjectively is a prime asset for being a liberal.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1735 on: September 30, 2018, 07:18:45 pm »
It wouldn't have made any difference if Ford was agitated and angry and Kavanaugh appeared calm and collected. They would say Ford's anger was justified and Kavanaugh's coolness indicated he was a smug, conscienceless, frat boy who knew he could get away with it.
There's almost no way you can get people, liberals, who judge things on emotions and feelings to think objectively.  Thinking subjectively is a prime asset for being a liberal.

Very true.  Partisans went into the hearing with preconceived notions.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline berdie

« Reply #1736 on: October 01, 2018, 12:57:33 am »
@berdie

Really?  Why?

Sorry it took me so long to answer...and this thread has moved on. But I don't want to be known as a troll or drive by poster. :laugh: The phone rang the night I made the original post. And truthfully, I'm so darned mad that a person can be ruined with no evidence...I haven't wanted to think about it.

It's obvious why I think Ford is a liar. She has no proof...no witnesses that say they were even at this "party". Her little girl voice and demeanor are a give away.  If something traumatized me so deeply that it ruined my life...you better believe I would remember when, where and every detail.
I think she is emotionally fragile and more that a little bit coo-coo,

Judge K started out strong. His opening statement was powerful. But as questioning went on, he quit answering directly. Could be a lawyer thing. I don't know.

I'll probably tune out again.  I can't stand to see a person's life destroyed....for politics.

Offline HoustonSam

• "That'll be the day......"
  • old times there are not forgotten
« Reply #1737 on: October 01, 2018, 01:09:01 am »

Agreed.  That republicans have not yet acknowledged that - the *fact* that democrats, liberals, progressives are not dealing honestly and will never deal honestly - indicates that republicans are at best naive.  It's long past time to stop trying to "reach across the aisle" and "find common ground."  It's long past time that republicans struck to create an advantage and then maintained that initiative.

I didn't support Trump during the nominating contest and I'm still not a Trump supporter, although I can support some of the policies his administration has pursued.  But for establishment republicans to not see that their rank and file are fed up with being played like fools is just incomprehensible.  Trump won the nomination because the republican base is angry, and he embodied that anger.

No matter the outcome of any additional investigations, the democrats will argue it against Kavanaugh.  Republicans need to acknowledge this and stop offering deals.  People like Flake, Collins, and Murkowski should be primaried *by the party* to end this nonsense.
James 1:20

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1738 on: October 01, 2018, 02:42:32 am »
This absolutely nails it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #1739 on: October 01, 2018, 02:50:08 am »
Would you believe Leland Keyser was once married to Bob Beckel?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #1740 on: October 01, 2018, 03:40:35 am »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1741 on: October 01, 2018, 04:11:50 am »

That house is a freaking dump.  @Frank Cannon would be ashamed to rent it out.
I will NOT comply.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1742 on: October 01, 2018, 04:13:35 am »

Great find, thanks for sharing this. @Hoodat

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1743 on: October 01, 2018, 09:34:09 am »
Just in case, no one has seen this, it sounds like Mrs. Kavanaugh requested Psalm 40 and prayer for their travails.

https://ariseletusbegoing.com/2018/09/29/mrs-kavanaughs-request-psalm-40/

One translation, NIV I believe: https://www.biblestudytools.com/psalms/40.html One can use their own Bible or translation, many are found on the internet.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.

---------------

On to other, it sounded like on Fox yesterday, they said there are likely 49 yes votes at this point. They did not seem to be counting the fence-sitters, including Manchin in West Virginia and even McCaskill in Missouri. Both of these two Ds are in hotly contested Senate races.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 09:49:21 am by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

GOP-hired prosecutor questions credibility of Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford

Arizona prosecutor Rachel Mitchell, who was hired by Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans to question Judge Brett Kavanaugh and his accuser Christine Blasey Ford during the committee's hearing into allegations of sexual assault against Kavanaugh, questioned the credibility of her accusations and called the case "weak" in her assessment of Ford's allegations.

In a memo to Senate Republicans, Mitchell details nine main points she says raise questions about the credibility of Ford's account. She concludes no prosecutor would bring the case, nor is the evidence sufficient to prevail even in a civil trial.

"In the legal context, here is my bottom line: A "he said, she said" case is incredibly difficult to prove. But this case is even weaker than that," wrote Mitchell.

Read more at: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/gop-hired-prosecutor-rachel-mitchell-questions-credibility-of-kavanaugh-accuser-christine-blasey-ford/

If this was posted already, just posting again in this thread. I did not know she detailed 9 points that make Dr. Ford not look credible.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #1745 on: October 01, 2018, 03:49:16 pm »
Why isn't the information about the second front door perjury on the front page of Drudge? Oh, I guess we only accuse a judge on the second highest court in the land of perjury.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #1746 on: October 01, 2018, 03:53:00 pm »
Just in case, no one has seen this, it sounds like Mrs. Kavanaugh requested Psalm 40 and prayer for their travails.

https://ariseletusbegoing.com/2018/09/29/mrs-kavanaughs-request-psalm-40/

One translation, NIV I believe: https://www.biblestudytools.com/psalms/40.html One can use their own Bible or translation, many are found on the internet.

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.

---------------

On to other, it sounded like on Fox yesterday, they said there are likely 49 yes votes at this point. They did not seem to be counting the fence-sitters, including Manchin in West Virginia and even McCaskill in Missouri. Both of these two Ds are in hotly contested Senate races.

I got that email request yesterday from a friend.  I kind of take this whole thing personally, since Mrs. Kavanaugh and I attended the same school and her family still lives here.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
If this was posted already, just posting again in this thread. I did not know she detailed 9 points that make Dr. Ford not look credible.

The two I recall off the top of my head is the fact she claims she is terrified of flying yet she flies everywhere for business and pleasure and the fact her friend she claims was there at the Country Club when the assault allegedly happened doesn't even know Kavanaugh.

In addition she says that the polygraph took a really long time and yet the person who administered the test only asked her two questions.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #1748 on: October 01, 2018, 04:05:49 pm »
I got that email request yesterday from a friend.  I kind of take this whole thing personally, since Mrs. Kavanaugh and I attended the same school and her family still lives here.

I think if it were me personally...I'd be repeating the 23rd Psalm if I was facing what Judge Kavanaugh is.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline TomSea

« Reply #1749 on: October 01, 2018, 05:10:25 pm »

I guess, if one were Catholic too, they could say they have a personal bond to the situation as the Kavanaughs are of that faith.  But I don't tend to make it about me. @mrpotatohead  I believe one member here, made an assertion in the past about Trump's treatment of Cruz being "unforgivable. So, let's not forget, without Trump as president, Kavanaugh would not have been nominated.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2018, 05:28:42 pm by TomSea »