Author Topic: America’s Aimless ‘Accusatocracy’ By Conrad Black  (Read 334 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
America’s Aimless ‘Accusatocracy’
By Conrad Black| September 24th, 2018

Everyone knows that the entire Christine Blasey Ford challenge to Judge Brett Kavanaugh is nonsense. Her identified witnesses have deserted her. She can’t remember any precise material fact about it except the identity of the alleged drunken assailant. She was silent for 30 years and then gave a garbled account to a marriage counselor, which differs materially from what she later said publicly. Ford is a political activist of the Left and an ostentatious critic of the current administration—her perfect right, but coupled with the many implausible aspects of the timing of this challenge and the unreasonable belligerence of Ford’s counsel, it raises questions about motive.

Her account is likely largely or even wholly untrue, as it applies to Kavanaugh, but not necessarily intentionally so. The Democrats sat on this one, as they did the Billy Bush tape two years ago, waiting for the optimal moment to spring it.

Ford’s supporters believe her unquestioningly because she is a woman, a Democrat (and implicitly, a Trump-hater), and the devil take Judge Kavanaugh’s right to a fair hearing and the continuation of his reputation as a decent, civilized, public-spirited, and irreproachable husband, father, and appellate court judge, which even the Democratic senators on the judiciary committee conceded until last week.

Since the emergence of this sketchy allegation, the administration and the Republican senators have to give Dr. Ford a reasonable hearing, or a large block of reasonable but torqued-up women voters could be alienated and the last remnants of the NeverTrumpers might peel off and the confirmation vote could be jeopardized. Up to now, Senators Bob Corker (R-Tenn.), Jeff Flake (R-Ariz.), and Susan Collins (R-Maine) have liked Kavanaugh more than they dislike Trump. Flake and Corker are doing the prudent thing, given their polling numbers, as well as the decent thing, and retiring. As they have no reason to think they are about to die, they are unlikely to use their last important Senate vote as John McCain did with the failed Obamacare repeal, as a way to kick their own party in the groin. Collins seems to be glued to the Capitol and may outlast everyone now there, including the statuary.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2018/09/24/americas-aimless-accusatocracy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline dfwgator

Re: America’s Aimless ‘Accusatocracy’ By Conrad Black
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 03:06:37 pm »
I don't hold out much hope for this country.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2018, 03:16:38 pm »
I don't hold out much hope for this country.

What little I hold on to is waning by the day.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Polly Ticks

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2018, 03:16:44 pm »
"Accusatocracy".   I kind of appreciate that nomenclature.  It helps explain how Ford and her lawyer feel she can make demands about when and how she is questioned, who can be present, who can ask her the questions, etc.
Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too. -Yogi Berra