Author Topic: Senate Democrats Investigate a New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct, from Brett Kavanaugh’s College Y  (Read 7699 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Senate Democrats Investigate a New Allegation of Sexual Misconduct, from Brett Kavanaugh’s College Years

By Ronan Farrow and Jane Mayer

7:49 P.M.

Deborah Ramirez, a Yale classmate of Brett Kavanaugh’s, has described a dormitory party gone awry and a drunken incident that she wants the F.B.I. to investigate.
Photograph by Benjamin Rasmussen for The New Yorker

As Senate Republicans press for a swift vote to confirm Brett Kavanaugh, President Trump’s nominee to the Supreme Court, Senate Democrats are investigating a new allegation of sexual misconduct against Kavanaugh. The claim dates to the 1983-84 academic school year, when Kavanaugh was a freshman at Yale University. The offices of at least four Democratic senators have received information about the allegation, and at least two have begun investigating it. Senior Republican staffers also learned of the allegation last week and, in conversations with The New Yorker, expressed concern about its potential impact on Kavanaugh’s nomination. Soon after, Senate Republicans issued renewed calls to accelerate the timing of a committee vote. The Democratic Senate offices reviewing the allegations believe that they merit further investigation. “This is another serious, credible, and disturbing allegation against Brett Kavanagh. It should be fully investigated,” Senator Mazie Hirono, of Hawaii, said. An aide in one of the other Senate offices added, “These allegations seem credible, and we’re taking them very seriously. If established, they’re clearly disqualifying.”

The woman at the center of the story, Deborah Ramirez, who is fifty-three, attended Yale with Kavanaugh, where she studied sociology and psychology. Later, she spent years working for an organization that supports victims of domestic violence. The New Yorker contacted Ramirez after learning of her possible involvement in an incident involving Kavanaugh. The allegation was also conveyed to Democratic senators by a civil-rights lawyer. For Ramirez, the sudden attention has been unwelcome, and prompted difficult choices. She was at first hesitant to speak publicly, partly because her memories contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty. After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away. Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.

more
https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/senate-democrats-investigate-a-new-allegation-of-sexual-misconduct-from-the-supreme-court-nominee-brett-kavanaughs-college-years-deborah-ramirez
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:02:18 am by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Silver Pines

"After six days of carefully assessing her memories"

Seriously?

Silver Pines

"She recalled another male student shouting about the incident. “Somebody yelled down the hall, ‘Brett Kavanaugh just put his penis in Debbie’s face,’ ” she said. “It was his full name. I don’t think it was just ‘Brett.’ "

Convenient

Silver Pines

Mujahed Retweeted

John McCormack‏

@McCormackJohn
 10m10 minutes ago
More
"The New Yorker has not confirmed with other eyewitnesses that Kavanaugh was present at the party."

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Another drunken party where the *victim* barely remembers what happened..
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Silver Pines

Conn Carroll‏

@conncarroll
 8m8 minutes ago
More
“In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty.”

Silver Pines

Another drunken party where the *victim* barely remembers what happened..

And that crap is not enough to ruin a man's life.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
A party, so then, more witnesses.... maybe.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

DanRiehl
‏ @DanRiehl
1m1 minute ago

DanRiehl Retweeted Jesse Rodriguez

But she was too drunk to remember the details and wants an FBI investigation ... cuz she’s selfless not political don’t ya know. zzzzzzz
Support the USO

Offline LottieDah

The next thing you know we will be hearing from Kavanaugh's college roommate stating that Kavanaugh farted in his dorm room.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
A party, so then, more witnesses.... maybe.

Yeah she wants an FBI investigation...where have we heard that.....if the Repubs calls for one I'll have a fit!
Support the USO

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Let's add some paragraphs to this "report".  Some of the details are hidden.  ....

The woman at the center of the story, Deborah Ramirez, who is fifty-three, attended Yale with Kavanaugh, where she studied sociology and psychology. Later, she spent years working for an organization that supports victims of domestic violence.

The New Yorker contacted Ramirez after learning of her possible involvement in an incident involving Kavanaugh. The allegation was also conveyed to Democratic senators by a civil-rights lawyer.

For Ramirez, the sudden attention has been unwelcome, and prompted difficult choices. She was at first hesitant to speak publicly, partly because her memories contained gaps because she had been drinking at the time of the alleged incident. In her initial conversations with The New Yorker, she was reluctant to characterize Kavanaugh’s role in the alleged incident with certainty.

After six days of carefully assessing her memories and consulting with her attorney, Ramirez said that she felt confident enough of her recollections to say that she remembers Kavanaugh had exposed himself at a drunken dormitory party, thrust his penis in her face, and caused her to touch it without her consent as she pushed him away.

Ramirez is now calling for the F.B.I. to investigate Kavanaugh’s role in the incident. “I would think an F.B.I. investigation would be warranted,” she said.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:23:32 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Silver Pines

(((AG)))‏

@AG_Conservative
Follow Follow @AG_Conservative
More
Ronan just permanently ruined his reputation as a non-partisan solid journalist to run with a clearly partisan hit about an alleged college frat prank.

These people are unbelievable.

Silver Pines

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Brian Stelter
‏Verified account @brianstelter
20m20 minutes ago

Kavanaugh says these "last-minute allegations" are untrue. "This is a smear, plain and simple."
Support the USO

Silver Pines

Yeah she wants an FBI investigation...where have we heard that.....if the Repubs calls for one I'll have a fit!

They're going to lose whatever guts they had now.

Offline mirraflake

I have been saying it all along..I'm not sure Kavanuah is 100% innocent..

Seen too many guys turn into a different person when they get drunk..I am one of them..I also saw it in my fraternity days with fellow fraternity guys who changed when drunk and plenty of women too.

Why I have not been drunk since since college though I do drink an occasional glass of wine, some beers etc.. I turn into a Mr Hyde when nasty drunk especially with whiskey.. (though I have never assauted a woman but have got in plenty of fights, caused property damage, theft etc when nasty drunk.)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Mark Knoller
‏Verified account @markknoller
17m17 minutes ago

In written statement from WH, Judge Kavanaugh denies new allegation of sexual misconduct reported by The New Yorker. "“This alleged event from 35 years ago did not happen." Says this is "a smear, plain and simple." Says he looks forward to testifying on Thursday about the truth,"

Mark Knoller
‏Verified account @markknoller
15m15 minutes ago

Judge Kavanaugh emphatic he will defend "my good name--and the reputation for character and integrity I have spent a lifetime building--against these last-minute allegations.”
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Okay..I think the hearing Thurs will be cancelled and an FBI investigation ordered by the Repubs...what say you?
Support the USO

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Alcohol, well, I don't believe it is true, this allegation, I suppose I'm pulling for the guy.

But you know, a lot of crazy stuff goes on with fraternities, sororities and just college in general.

We once pulled into a town and its college was having some sort of festival, their "Miner Days" or whatever.... it got a little crazy and in fact, a friend once told me about a couple at a party that got it on in front of everyone or something they were so drunk.

So, here we go again....and should this be enough to bar him if any truth is in it? Maybe we will get to the point where we laugh this stuff off, it's absurd we are fooling with this stuff.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

John McCormack
‏ @McCormackJohn

"The New Yorker has not confirmed with other eyewitnesses that Kavanaugh was present at the party."
Support the USO

Offline roamer_1

Quote from: the Article
Ramirez, who was raised a devout Catholic in Connecticut, said that she was shaken. “I wasn’t going to touch a penis until I was married,” she said. “I was embarrassed and ashamed and humiliated.”

Riiight... Poor devout Catholic girl... willingly playing drinking games in a private dorm room, sh*t-faced on the floor... Not knowing how this all could have happened.  *****rollingeyes*****

Quote from: the Article
She recalled another male student shouting about the incident. “Somebody yelled down the hall, ‘Brett Kavanaugh just put his penis in Debbie’s face,’ ” she said. “It was his full name. I don’t think it was just ‘Brett.’ And I remember hearing and being mortified that this was out there.”

I don't hardly know a man anywhere that calls other men by their full name... Usually a nickname or last name or first name, but hardly ever full name, unless serving papers....  :shrug:

And no man, certainly not of college age, would use the word 'penis'.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

RBe
‏ @RBPundit
20m20 minutes ago

I’m sure it’s just bad luck that no one can remember the parties where all this stuff supposedly happened.
Support the USO

Silver Pines

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Jack Posobiec
🇺🇸
‏Verified account @JackPosobiec
17m17 minutes ago

WH advisors are split on Kav. Some want him to push through, others see the upcoming “Brett said / Ford said” on Thursday as a loser with suburban female voters and want him to withdraw
0 replies 1 retweet 3 likes

Withdraw...here it comes
Support the USO