Author Topic: What Will the Austin-San Antonio Corridor Look Like in 2030?  (Read 1152 times)

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

What Will the Austin-San Antonio Corridor Look Like in 2030?
« on: September 23, 2018, 09:16:01 pm »
A graphic breakdown of the Austin-San Antonio corridor growth projections for 2030

Two of Texas’ biggest cities -- Austin and San Antonio -- are on a population collision course.

A LawnStarter analysis of projections from the Texas Water Development Board shows the population of the Austin-San Antonio corridor, made up of 13 counties, will catapult from 4.27 million in 2014 to 5.71 million in 2030. That would be a jump of nearly 34 percent.

If the water board’s prediction turns out to be right, the Austin-San Antonio corridor will add 1.44 million residents in a 16-year span. That would be as if the current population of the entire Jacksonville, FL, metro area packed up and moved to the Austin-San Antonio region.

“Over the next 50 years, Austin and San Antonio will become a single mega-metro area,” Austin Mayor Steve Adler says. “The corridor in between will be the first reflection of this coming future, providing greater connectivity to serve the increasing interdependence and joint economic potential as the two cities grow together.”

https://www.lawnstarter.com/san-antonio-lawn-care/what-will-austin-san-antonio-corridor-look-like-2030

I note the largest population % growth is in the conservative counties of Hays and Williamson.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 09:18:46 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline thackney

Re: What Will the Austin-San Antonio Corridor Look Like in 2030?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 09:18:50 pm »
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 10:05:57 pm »
 **nononono*   8888crybaby

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 10:32:32 pm »
Pretty much San Antonio to the Oklahoma border up I-35 is becoming one massive Google-Plex, with Dallas-Fort Worth/Waco/Austin/San Antonio.

Offline corbe

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 10:38:37 pm »
   IKR, I'm thinking more and more of selling my place in New Braunfels and moving further west to the Frio.
   I miss the stars at night, the most.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2018, 12:16:33 am »
   IKR, I'm thinking more and more of selling my place in New Braunfels and moving further west to the Frio.
   I miss the stars at night, the most.
Get access to water.  That will be a very critical issue in years to come.

Although I grew up in Austin, I resisted the urge to settle in the hill country in retirement for that reason.

Now am comfortably in a lower cost area where there are abundant rains and reservoirs in East Texas.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 12:17:09 am by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2018, 12:19:43 am »
Pretty much San Antonio to the Oklahoma border up I-35 is becoming one massive Google-Plex, with Dallas-Fort Worth/Waco/Austin/San Antonio.
Including Midlothian

http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,326881.msg1758042.html#msg1758042

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2018, 01:40:22 am »
Get access to water.  That will be a very critical issue in years to come.

Although I grew up in Austin, I resisted the urge to settle in the hill country in retirement for that reason.

Now am comfortably in a lower cost area where there are abundant rains and reservoirs in East Texas.

Pretty much the same here.  I love the Hill Country.  But, we do have water and can grow things here, east of 35.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2018, 01:56:44 am »
I remember growing up and watching Anaheim, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Mission Viejo in The OC, lead the nation in growth, during the 50s-70s..

It is past time now for Texans to enjoy those types of distinctions.

Enjoy.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 02:05:42 am by truth_seeker »
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2018, 02:00:45 am »
I predict it will still be under construction.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2018, 02:17:43 am »
I remember growing up and watching Anaheim, Huntington Beach, Irvine, Mission Viejo in The OC, lead the nation in growth, during the 50s-70s..

It is past time now for Texans to enjoy those types of distinctions.

Enjoy.

:tongue2: