Author Topic: We finally got to watch Beto!  (Read 603 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

We finally got to watch Beto!
« on: September 23, 2018, 03:27:59 pm »
We finally got to watch Beto!
American Thinker, Sep 23, 2018, Silvio Canto, Jr.

Senator Cruz and Representative O'Rourke finally met each other in the first debate.  There are two more debates later in the campaign.

Yes, I plan to vote for Senator Cruz.  My mind was made up before the debate.  Nevertheless, I was curious to watch Beto, or the man so many are already comparing to the Kennedys.

Honestly, Beto looked stiff, maybe nervous, and totally uninspiring.  It's hard to see how he pleased his base with that performance.

First, he looked uncomfortable talking about issues.  He went to slogans and clichés every single time.  How many times did he say he visited all 250-something counties?  Or the one about working with President Trump when we can and standing up to him when we must?  Or the silly line about the GOP tax plan being good to the rich?

Does Mr. O'Rourke understand that Texas is booming and no one down here is giving President Obama the credit?

Then he started talking about uninsured Texans.  Can someone remind Mr. O'Rourke that the Affordable Care Act is in fact the law of the land?  How can so many be uninsured?  Didn't Beto tell Texans that they can buy a subsidized policy in the exchange?  To my knowledge, President Trump has not stopped anyone from buying a policy on the exchange.

More:  https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/we_finally_got_to_watch_beto.html

Offline skeeter

Re: We finally got to watch Beto!
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2018, 03:36:16 pm »
I agree O'Reilly's answers were mostly disjointed clichés making little or no sense. Cruz was in his element, obviously the man loves debating.

But the left loves clichés and aren't real big on critical thinking, so who knows.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: We finally got to watch Beto!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2018, 03:45:35 pm »
Beto was extremely nervous. His neck looked like it was about to explode. He can't think on his feet and spouting nothing but lefty platitudes. He despises white privilege, don't you know? Yes, the mindless lefties will eat him up.

I can't wait for the other debates. You can prep the fake Hispanic, but you can't fix stupid.
Principles matter. Words matter.