Author Topic: California Now Allows Children To “Encourage” Parents To Commit Suicide  (Read 809 times)

Offline endicom

Victory Girls
Darlene Click
Sept. 22, 2018

In 2015, Gov. Jerry Brown signed into law the End of Life Option Act, authorizing physician-assisted suicide. Supporters dismissed concerns about people pressuring the ill person into suicide. That was a felony, they assured us. Fast forward to September 2018 and now pushing Mom to kill herself because her medical bills are wiping out your inheritance is perfectly legal.

Yes, really.

Existing law makes a person who deliberately aids, advises, or encourages another to commit suicide guilty of a felony.

This bill would prohibit a person whose actions are compliant with the End of Life Option Act from being prosecuted for deliberately aiding, advising, or encouraging suicide.

Everyone has only the purest motives when encouraging suicide
But but but … some may object, this is only for terminally ill people! People who will die in six months!

Ah, but the devil is in the details right? The End of Life Option Act defines “terminally ill” thusly:

q) “Terminal disease” means an incurable and irreversible disease that has been medically confirmed and will, within reasonable medical judgment, result in death within six months.

More... http://victorygirlsblog.com/suicide-california-encouragement-legal/

Offline Suppressed

My friend's mother was in hospice, drifting in and out.  My friend said to her, "Just let go...go toward the light... I'm okay, you can go be with Dad..."

Darlene Click would want her prosecuted.  That stinks.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline dfwgator

California Ãœber Alles.

Online rustynail

California Ãœber Alles.
That song was prescient.