Author Topic: Kavanaugh accuser Christine Blasey Ford agrees to testify before Senate on assault allegation  (Read 3215 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

The intent has always been to smear Kavanugh's name, muddy the waters and most importantly stall for time.

They'll delay a vote until the Dems can run on "let's wait until after the election".  The anti-Americans want an 8 judge SC for the next two years and not one more federal judge confirmed.  POTUS has been too active and successful in reshaping the courts---the other branch of government in the liberals' pockets.

We need to pick up seats in the Senate, badly.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
The White House is casting doubt on the willingness of a college professor to speak publicly about her sexual assault allegations against Supreme Court nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh.

Attorneys for Christine Blasey Ford told the Senate Judiciary Committee she would be willing to appear next week. But they want to set up a time later Saturday to keep discussing the terms of her appearance.

A senior White House official deemed it a stalling tactic and an effort to "push off" the confirmation vote.

The official claimed it was a "clever way" to continue negotiations "without committing to anything."

https://www.statesman.com/news/the-latest-white-house-skeptical-ford-offer-speak/HliLxqiDKMvBNbGGBm6lGJ/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
WOW! Michael Bromwich, Andrew McCabe's attorney who just joined Blasey Ford, had to QUIT his law firm this morning to work for her, due to his partners' complaints!

They are going to war here ......and please tell me Blasey Ford is paying for Bromwich ....right? Right??!! Hello??!!

https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/2018/09/22/veteran-prosecutor-michael-bromwich-joins-kavanagh-accusers-legal-team/?slreturn=20180822165752
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bilo

WOW! Michael Bromwich, Andrew McCabe's attorney who just joined Blasey Ford, had to QUIT his law firm this morning to work for her, due to his partners' complaints!

They are going to war here ......and please tell me Blasey Ford is paying for Bromwich ....right? Right??!! Hello??!!

https://www.law.com/nationallawjournal/2018/09/22/veteran-prosecutor-michael-bromwich-joins-kavanagh-accusers-legal-team/?slreturn=20180822165752

All the questions the media don't ask.

How about, where is the original letter?

Was the original letter a response to a Rat request made to Rat faithful for any dirt they might have?

Why did the therapists notes state that she originally claimed it was 4 boys, all unnamed?

Why was it 30 years before she "remembered" the incident?

Why did Feinstein only release a redacted letter after the committee had finished it's process?

Why didn't Feinstein ask Kavanaugh about the incident when she met with him?

etc., etc.,

This whole thing stinks and Grassley needs to just call a vote.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

I am now more worried than ever she will file charges....

Hate to be a debbie downer but I don't think the rebubs have the gonads to see this through and I am afraid Kavanaugh will withdraw....
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
All the questions the media don't ask.

How about, where is the original letter?

Was the original letter a response to a Rat request made to Rat faithful for any dirt they might have?

Why did the therapists notes state that she originally claimed it was 4 boys, all unnamed?

Why was it 30 years before she "remembered" the incident?

Why did Feinstein only release a redacted letter after the committee had finished it's process?

Why didn't Feinstein ask Kavanaugh about the incident when she met with him?

etc., etc.,

This whole thing stinks and Grassley needs to just call a vote.

Yep!  Grassley has been played like a barn dance fiddle to this point and he needs to put an end to thayt.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
I was against Trump talking about this but today I have changed my mind..he needs to come out with guns a blazing...
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan

Hate to be a debbie downer but I don't think the rebubs have the gonads to see this through and I am afraid Kavanaugh will withdraw....

I think it's republicans who have never had any gonads who are the problem.  Mainly Murkoski and Collins.  If Grassley could depend on those supposedly on his side this would have been over long ago.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
I was against Trump talking about this but today I have changed my mind..he needs to come out with guns a blazing...

@mystery-ak

IMHO it should be THE campaign issue in every single senate race between now and election day. And Trump should pound it relentlessly!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
I would bet a lot that one of the yet unresolved details prevents the accuser from actually showing up and being placed under oath.

Call me a cynic if you like but I know how dirty these people play.

I completely agree. There will be more feints and delays. I don't think she will ever testify under oath.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/22/ford-runs-circles-around-hapless-republicans-who-now-have-a-second-scandal/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b83f9d54a7ef

Ford runs circles around hapless Republicans, who now have a second scandal

There are now at least two related scandals : 1.) Whether Kavanaugh attacked Ford and now is lying, and 2.) the identities of those involved in a reprehensible scheme to pin a crime on someone for which there is zero evidence of wrongdoing. Between Trump’s ridiculous assertion that a 15-year-old’s failure to report a sex crime (which launched the #WhyIDidntReport social media phenomenon) and the nutty mistaken identity plot (which seems to concede Ford was attacked) Republicans have inflicted far more damage on this nomination than Democrats have up until now.

It remains to be seen if Republicans either themselves or through an outside lawyer have the nerve to grill Ford about the attack on her and the lifetime of trauma it unleashed. Free advice: Cut their losses, get Kavanaugh to withdraw and promise a better nominee with no baggage later this year or next.

She will never testify.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 10:40:42 pm by Elderberry »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/opinions/wp/2018/09/22/ford-runs-circles-around-hapless-republicans-who-now-have-a-second-scandal/?noredirect=on&utm_term=.b83f9d54a7ef

Ford runs circles around hapless Republicans, who now have a second scandal

There are now at least two related scandals : 1.) Whether Kavanaugh attacked Ford and now is lying, and 2.) the identities of those involved in a reprehensible scheme to pin a crime on someone for which there is zero evidence of wrongdoing. Between Trump’s ridiculous assertion that a 15-year-old’s failure to report a sex crime (which launched the #WhyIDidntReport social media phenomenon) and the nutty mistaken identity plot (which seems to concede Ford was attacked) Republicans have inflicted far more damage on this nomination than Democrats have up until now.

It remains to be seen if Republicans either themselves or through an outside lawyer have the nerve to grill Ford about the attack on her and the lifetime of trauma it unleashed. Free advice: Cut their losses, get Kavanaugh to withdraw and promise a better nominee with no baggage later this year or next.

She will never testify.

No way in hell will her lawyers allow her to testify under oath.   That is not going to happen next week or any other time.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Kavanaugh allies quickly pushed back on the latest response from Ford, arguing that it does not actually amount to accepting the committee’s invitation to testify.

A source close to the process who supports Kavanaugh told CNN, “This is not an ‘acceptance’ of anything at all. The email doesn’t even say she will testify. It says she will ‘provide her firsthand knowledge’ but it doesn’t say how. It says she will do so ‘next week’ but doesn’t say when. And it says the rest of the terms are still up for negotiation. It ‘accepts’ nothing at all, but the language is very carefully calculated to give her credit for having accepted.”

A senior White House official made a similar argument, telling CNN, “I don’t know how to interpret this but it’s difficult to interpret this as a yes.”

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wonder what day...and she better testify first

I don't know why, but it bugs me Grassley is being tight-lipped about what he had to give up.  He's hiding something from us.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
No way in hell will her lawyers allow her to testify under oath.   That is not going to happen next week or any other time.

Correct.  The instant she starts laying out details under oath, like date/time/place/who, she'll be impeached on the stand, her credibility shot so badly only the DU dead-enders will still believe her.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Person briefed on talks says Kavanaugh, Ford tentatively agree to testify Thursday to Senate panel

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/article/Person-briefed-on-talks-says-Kavanaugh-Ford-13250458.php

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
FWIW, it's to be next week but that does not necessarily mean next week she testifies.  That seems to be in the vague letter they put out.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Someone said, Dennis Prager said it too.

If you are sexually assaulted, okay, there is alcohol involved here... but generally, you remember those things pretty well....

In general, I think if we are "wronged", we often remember the details well. Think of a time, you have been wronged! Even petty wrongs.

Offline RetBobbyMI

If he withdraws, the Dems will use that as an indication of his guilt. Anyone who thinks his withdrawal will end this lunatic politics is crazy. It will only embolden them for the next nominee.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If he withdraws, the Dems will use that as an indication of his guilt. Anyone who thinks his withdrawal will end this lunatic politics is crazy. It will only embolden them for the next nominee.

With the hiring of 2 new attorneys I have a feeling something else is about to happen..
Support the USO

Offline RetBobbyMI

With the hiring of 2 new attorneys I have a feeling something else is about to happen..
Grassley could cut this crap off at the pass by telling everyone the hearing and vote will be on Monday. Everyone has had plenty of time to make their case.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
mystery asks:
"Someone please explain why he has to be approved by Oct 1st"

He doesn't.
It's all b.s. and FUD designed to make you believe that if it's not Oct. 1, it's "never".

What it really is.... is nonsense.
The October 1 date is just "the first Monday in October" on which the Court begins its new session. Kavanaugh can assume his seat at any later time after which he's confirmed and gets settled in. He just won't be able to vote on cases heard by the Court prior to his "taking his seat" there.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:
Can't anybody here play this game?

If I was Mr. Trump, I'd make a very private personal phone call to Judge Kavanaugh, asking him to agree to a recess appointment.
And if he agrees, tell NOBODY of the conversation.
Keep it totally secret. Even from White House aides (there's a mole or two there).
And then, as soon as the Senate adjourns.... BANG!

At that time Judge Kavanaugh WILL BECOME a Supreme Court Justice, for as long as the Constitution allows with a recess appointment.

After that, wait until 2019 when we pick up a few seats in the Senate.
Then confirm with a single vote.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 01:05:15 am by Fishrrman »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Right in Virginia wrote:
"He just can't sit for any trial already begun."

There are no "trials" at the U.S. Supreme Court.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Many (most) parents would not permit their 15 year old daughter, to go to a drinking party with 17 year old boys.

In part it is because they don't want her involved with precisely what they remember from when they were 15 and 17 years old.

The brains and personalities of such young people are not fully formed.

A 15 year old girls might not yet know better, than to go around teasing the boys. And a 17 year old boy,,  teased in certain ways by a 15 year old girld might take it as an invitation.

Being young, sexually naive and/or clumsy they might wind up on the bed, etc. Pushing, pulling, fallling. Being pushed.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Many (most) parents would not permit their 15 year old daughter, to go to a drinking party with 17 year old boys.

In part it is because they don't want her involved with precisely what they remember from when they were 15 and 17 years old.

The brains and personalities of such young people are not fully formed.

A 15 year old girls might not yet know better, than to go around teasing the boys. And a 17 year old boy,,  teased in certain ways by a 15 year old girld might take it as an invitation.

Being young, sexually naive and/or clumsy they might wind up on the bed, etc. Pushing, pulling, fallling. Being pushed.

Not to mention getting STDs or Pregnant.
I will NOT comply.