Author Topic: Great-Grandmother Texas Mayor Kills Massive Gator To Avenge Mini-Horse's Death  (Read 2076 times)

Offline endicom

Daily Wire
Amanda Prestigiacomo
Sept. 19, 2018

Don't mess with Texas, or specifically, Texan great-grandmothers and their mini-horses.

The mayor of Livingston, Texas, a 73-year-old great grandmother, grabbed her shotgun on Sunday night and executed a massive gator she'd been "looking for" since the animal apparently snatched up one of her miniature horses years ago.

Mayor Judy B. Cochran killed the 12-foot, 580-pound gator with a single shot, reports Chron.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/36083/great-grandmother-texas-mayor-kills-massive-gator-amanda-prestigiacomo

Offline endicom

You can only make boots from the belly.

Offline roamer_1

That 'shotgun' has a scope on top, and a feed tube underneath...

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Her ranch is along the Trinity River a good bit north of my lot right on the river bank. We spent a lot of time playing in the river. My only scare was when I'd be floating down the river and a big gar would surface to eyeball me. I'm kinda leery now with all the gators.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

That's a 22.  I didn't see where it said what she shot him with.

I see it now. Stupid reporters.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:22:07 am by Elderberry »

Offline endicom

That picture looks staged. The gator appears to be on a wire held taut by someone on the right of the picture. And the ripples in the water don't look right.

« Last Edit: September 20, 2018, 02:27:01 am by endicom »

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

That picture looks staged. The gator appears to be on a wire held taut by someone on the right of the picture. And the ripples in the water don't look right.

You have to first catch the gator on a hook and line. Then you dispatch him with the shot.

Offline endicom

You have to first catch the gator on a hook and line. Then you dispatch him with the shot.

Using your oldest dog as bait?

Wouldn't a live gator be thrashing?

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

About  month ago I baited and snagged a 3 footer from my neighbor's pond so that our dogs would not be in future danger.  As these suckers grow a foot they triple in handling difficulty.  Had no need to kill it, which I don't think you can anyway without tags. 

Little guy got a trip in the p/u truck to the Neches, where I am sure he is enjoying his new home.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Using your oldest dog as bait?

Wouldn't a live gator be thrashing?

A chicken works fine.

Just be patient. He won't thrash forever.

Offline endicom

About  month ago I baited and snagged a 3 footer from my neighbor's pond so that our dogs would not be in future danger.  As these suckers grow a foot they triple in handling difficulty.  Had no need to kill it, which I don't think you can anyway without tags. 

Little guy got a trip in the p/u truck to the Neches, where I am sure he is enjoying his new home.

Alligators seem to be breeding like Whitetail Deer. Almost. I can remember when they would feed those deer over winter to keep their numbers up.

Offline roamer_1

Alligators seem to be breeding like Whitetail Deer. Almost. I can remember when they would feed those deer over winter to keep their numbers up.

Well if y'all are getting where there's too dang many gators, Thin em out and send em down to the Rio Grande.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

So right.  30-40 years ago you had to hit the deep woods to see a deer, and gators were about non-existent.  Now they are almost both invasive.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline RoosGirl

"There are a lot of requirements to kill a gator in Polk County," the mayor explained. "We're one of 12 counties that has a hunting season for alligators, between Sept. 10 and 30. You have to have a permit and tags from a wildlife biologist, and you have to catch it on a hook first. We don't just go to the ranch and hunt a gator."

Huh, wonder if the 5 year old grandson knew about those requirements.

Offline Frank Cannon

It also is more proof that Texas is a Commie Pinko Leftist state full of insane regulations.

Offline RoosGirl

It also is more proof that Texas is a Commie Pinko Leftist state full of insane regulations.

Name a state that isn't.

Offline Frank Cannon

Name a state that isn't.

PA. We can shoot gators whenever and wherever we want. I think we can even hunt them with 1/4 sticks.

Offline RoosGirl

PA. We can shoot gators whenever and wherever we want. I think we can even hunt them with 1/4 sticks.

Think you're gonna need some 1/4 jars to hunt gators in PA.

Offline Frank Cannon

Think you're gonna need some 1/4 jars to hunt gators in PA.

I don't know. I don't see many around, but those things seem to hang out in the water and I use 1/4 sticks to fish with great success.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Poor mini horse.
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Wrong on all counts.

http://fishinpa.com/
It is unlawful to take, catch or kill a reptile or amphibian through the use of firearms, chemicals, explosives, winches, jacks or other devices.

Offline thackney

Also, as I recently learned, to get a tag, at least in Brazoria County, you have to have the hunting site approved first.  Season is in Sept, but I needed to call back in June in hopes of getting a tag this year.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Frank Cannon

Wrong on all counts.

http://fishinpa.com/
It is unlawful to take, catch or kill a reptile or amphibian through the use of firearms, chemicals, explosives, winches, jacks or other devices.

I don't live in Philthy so I can do what I want.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
I don't live in Philthy so I can do what I want.

So, how often do you see alligators up there, Frank?

Offline Frank Cannon

So, how often do you see alligators up there, Frank?

I thought I saw one last week, but the neighbor informed me it wasn't an alligator before I lit the fuse on the 1/4 stick. He told me it was something called a "Groundhog".

I lit the fuse and blew it up anyway. Didn't feel like walking back to the house to put it away.