Author Topic: Champion college golfer Celia Barquin Arozamena stabbed to death on golf course, suspect charged wit  (Read 1004 times)

Offline Suppressed

Champion college golfer Celia Barquin Arozamena stabbed to death on golf course, suspect charged with murder
By KARMA ALLEN BILL HUTCHINSON Sep 18, 2018, 11:41 AM ET

Celia Barquin Arozamena, 22, was found dead on a golf course in Ames, Iowa, on Monday, Sept. 17, 2018. A man has been arrested and charged with the murder of the burgeoning golf star.

A man with a criminal background was charged with murder just hours after a former Iowa State University champion golfer turned up dead in a pond on an Iowa golf course.

Collin Daniel Richards, 22, who police said has no known address and, according to court records, was kicked out of the grandparents' house a year ago, was charged with first-degree murder in Celia Barquin Arozamena's stabbing death Monday night.

Police found her body at Coldwater Links golf course near Iowa State University in Ames.

Richards purportedly made statements to an acquaintance recently "to the effect of having an urge to rape and kill a woman," according to a criminal complaint made public Tuesday.

Barquin Arozamena, 22, a native of Spain, was recently named Iowa State’s female athlete of the year.

[...]

https://abcnews.go.com/US/iowa-state-golfer-celia-barquin-arozamena-found-dead/story?id=57900738
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Sad tragedy here in Iowa. These are the times I wish we had the death penalty.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Yep. For this recent merder and for the wader who killed Mollie Tibbetts.

Two people who need to be in an express line for an intravenous cocktail injection of certain death
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Frank Cannon

Looks like it is time to finally get that damn thing reinstated.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Looks like it is time to finally get that damn thing reinstated.

We should have the Governor and both Legislatures after November, let's hope it comes up on the bill list.

That and welfare reform.
The Republic is lost.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
Damn, the world just falling apart ._.
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Hoping that Ms. Arozamena's legal status was in order.

It would turn things around for the Left, if it turns out she attended college, etc., and was living here illegally.

She was born in Spain, 1996.  Wiki says her Nationality is Spain.   

...and the alleged killer is home-grown.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald