Author Topic: Trump to declassify controversial text messages, documents related to Russia probe  (Read 4413 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump to declassify controversial text messages, documents related to Russia probe
By Jordan Fabian - 09/17/18 05:40 PM EDT

President Trump has ordered the declassification of a series of highly sensitive documents related to the Russia investigation, the White House announced Monday.

Under the order, classified portions of a surveillance application for former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page and "all text messages relating to the Russia investigation" from former FBI Director James Comey and several other top federal officials could become public.

White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said the decision was made "at the request of a number of committees of Congress, and for reasons of transparency."

The move will please conservatives in Congress who have been clamoring for the documents' release, saying it will back up their argument that the Russia investigation has been tainted by political bias.

But it is likely to ratchet up tensions with law enforcement officials and Democrats who believe such a move is an example of improper interference in an ongoing investigation.

https://thehill.com/homenews/administration/407103-trump-to-declassify-controversial-text-messages-documents-related-to
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Blizzardnh

President Orders Declassification of FISA warrants, etc.
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2018, 10:12:19 pm »
https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-press-secretary-34/At the request of a number of committees of Congress, and for reasons of transparency, the President has directed the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to provide for the immediate declassification of the following materials: (1) pages 10-12 and 17-34 of the June 2017 application to the FISA court in the matter of Carter W. Page; (2) all FBI reports of interviews with Bruce G. Ohr prepared in connectionith the Russia investigation; and (3) all FBI reports of interviews prepared in connection with all Carter Page FISA applications.
In addition, President Donald J. Trump has directed the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to publicly release all text messages relating to the Russia investigation, without redaction, of James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Bruce Ohr.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:13:43 pm by Blizzardnh »

Offline Blizzardnh

Just posted this after yours . Please remove mine thanks.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Trump orders declassification of surveillance application, release of Comey texts

By KYLE CHENEY and JOSH GERSTEIN
  | 09/17/2018 05:41 PM EDT
  |  Updated 09/17/2018 06:14 PM

President Donald Trump has moved to immediately release a tranche of former FBI Director James Comey's text messages and declassify 20 pages of a surveillance application that targeted former campaign adviser Carter Page, his latest offensive against a Russia investigation that has ensnared associates and has consumed Trump's attention for much of his presidency.

The breadth of the order came as a surprise and landed amid a full-court White House effort to shore up the Supreme Court nomination of Judge Brett Kavanaugh, as he defends himself against a sexual assault allegation. Trump demanded that the FBI produce 20 pages of the surveillance application — which Republicans on Capitol Hill have suggested would help show anti-Trump bias at the highest levels of the FBI.

end excerpt

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/09/17/trump-declassification-fisa-documents-comey-texts-826304
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:35:33 pm by Chosen Daughter »
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Frank Cannon

https://breaking911.com/breaking-president-trump-directs-declassification-of-documents-text-messages-related-to-russia-probe/

Statement from White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders

At the request of a number of committees of Congress, and for reasons of transparency, the President has directed the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to provide for the immediate declassification of the following materials: (1) pages 10-12 and 17-34 of the June 2017 application to the FISA court in the matter of Carter W. Page; (2) all FBI reports of interviews with Bruce G. Ohr prepared in connection with the Russia investigation; and (3) all FBI reports of interviews prepared in connection with all Carter Page FISA applications.

In addition, President Donald J. Trump has directed the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to publicly release all text messages relating to the Russia investigation, without redaction, of James Comey, Andrew McCabe, Peter Strzok, Lisa Page, and Bruce Ohr.

Offline skeeter

Ahh, this is a big deal

I wonder if its Trump reply to the SCOTUS clownshow.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 10:37:16 pm by skeeter »

Offline endicom

Good. And good timing.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Ahh, this is a big deal

I wonder if its Trump reply to the SCOTUS clownshow.

It looks like Congress requested it.  They should have done this a long time ago.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Being released now, it's going to compete with the Kavanaugh issue in the national news.

Offline skeeter

It looks like Congress requested it.  They should have done this a long time ago.

Some members requested it, the FBI and Justice obstructed it, the president is ordering it.

Offline endicom

Topics merged.

Offline Chosen Daughter

Re: President Orders Declassification of FISA warrants, etc.
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2018, 11:07:30 pm »
I was looking for the thread I posted in politics and thought it may have been combined with another somewhere.  There were a couple posts on it.

Anyway.  This is good news.  They should have done this a long time ago.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2018, 11:12:35 pm »
I was looking for the thread I posted in politics and thought it may have been combined with another somewhere.  There were a couple posts on it.

Anyway.  This is good news.  They should have done this a long time ago.
@Chosen Daughter
Maybe in scandal watch http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,332444.msg1796124/

Offline Chosen Daughter

Some members requested it, the FBI and Justice obstructed it, the president is ordering it.

Yes, its about time.  Time to stop the circus.  I was also wondering if the timing could shut down the calls from Dems for FBI investigation into Cavanaugh?

« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 11:17:58 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2018, 11:32:41 pm »
I wouldn't have thought of that.
Agreed.  It's not a scandal.  It's a Whitehouse released statement and definitely political.  A lot of news is getting funneled there, and I too forget to check it often because I don't think to look there.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2018, 11:33:50 pm »
pages 10-12 and 17-34 of the June 2017 application to the FISA court in the matter of Carter W. Page

Joke.  Declassify the entire document, or don’t bother.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Statement from the Press Secretary

Law & Justice 

Issued on: September 17, 2018

★★★

At the request of a number of committees of Congress, and for reasons of transparency, the President has directed the Office of the Director of National Intelligence and the Department of Justice (including the FBI) to provide for the immediate declassification of the following materials: (1) pages 10-12 and 17-34 of the June 2017 application to the FISA court in the matter of Carter W. Page; (2) all FBI reports of interviews with Bruce G. Ohr prepared in connection with the Russia investigation; and (3) all FBI reports of interviews prepared in connection with all Carter Page FISA applications.

★★★

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/statement-press-secretary-34/

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline endicom

Topics merged.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Now the President should give a date and time certain he wants what he's ordered on his desk.

Comply with a direct order from POTUS or forfeit your jobs.

Offline skeeter

Yes, its about time.  Time to stop the circus.  I was also wondering if the timing could shut down the calls from Dems for FBI investigation into Cavanaugh?

The media will not be thrown off their game, but there should be a lot of background noise now. It’s gotta help mess up their narrative,

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2018, 12:00:21 am »
pages 10-12 and 17-34 of the June 2017 application to the FISA court in the matter of Carter W. Page

Agreed.  Didn't we already see the redacted application from Nunes?  What is the point of this?

*just figured it out.  Deflect attention from Administration failure. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:05:24 am by Once-Ler »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2018, 12:00:59 am »

Good catch.  I agree all of it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2018, 12:03:22 am »
Agreed.  It's not a scandal.  It's a Whitehouse released statement and definitely political.  A lot of news is getting funneled there, and I too forget to check it often because I don't think to look there.

I thought it was politics too.  Truly all politics seem to be scandalous.  Who would know?  I think they should post one in politics too.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The media will not be thrown off their game, but there should be a lot of background noise now. It’s gotta help mess up their narrative,

That will be hard to do when the presses complete focus is all over the rape kavanaugh perpetrated upon that poor 15 y/o girl.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.