Author Topic: Grassley: We’re Not Delaying a Vote on Brett Kavanaugh  (Read 2553 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Grassley: We’re Not Delaying a Vote on Brett Kavanaugh
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2018, 11:59:13 pm »
Not delay? Some openly Commie college professor is now all of a sudden claiming she was almost murdered by a guy 30 years later. She is even corroborating her own story with her own select people. The info is so solid that the FBI laughed and passed on it. Real serious stuff here.  This is some important stuff.

Yep..that's why I can't understand why Grassley doesn't tell Feinswine to shove it...
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2018, 12:07:11 am »
Yep..that's why I can't understand why Grassley doesn't tell Feinswine to shove it...

The Senate is, above all else, a very exclusive club and Feinstein is a long time member.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2018, 12:13:30 am »
a much smarter man than Lindsey
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2018, 12:28:09 am »
This isn't about stopping Kavanaugh, this is about having "The Republicans put a would-be rapist on the SCOTUS" as a campaign "issue" to flog every election cycle from now until the Democrats turn the US into a one party state, the US fragments or is conquered by a hostile power, Christ returns in glory, or the sun turns into a red giant, whichever happens first.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 12:28:40 am by The_Reader_David »
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2018, 12:31:44 am »
We'll see if the pubbies hang tough.

Hahaha, I'm sorry...
That post made me involuntarily laugh a bit.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #30 on: September 17, 2018, 12:34:39 am »
Flaka Flake, playing his role.

He's just filling the shoes of his teacher and mentor, McCain. McCain is still trying to screw over America, even from the grave.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #31 on: September 17, 2018, 12:31:22 pm »
Grassley needs to not delay the vote, and have a closed door interview with the woman by the committee. No gallery, no media, and therefore no spectacle, since she is traumatized and all.

Let Kavanaugh make a defense if he wishes, and take the dang vote Thursday as scheduled.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2018, 01:52:08 pm »
Grassley needs to not delay the vote, and have a closed door interview with the woman by the committee. No gallery, no media, and therefore no spectacle, since she is traumatized and all.

Let Kavanaugh make a defense if he wishes, and take the dang vote Thursday as scheduled.

Yep! This kind of crap is never going to stop until someone in authority says ENOUGH!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #33 on: September 17, 2018, 01:54:09 pm »
Yep! This kind of crap is never going to stop until someone in authority says ENOUGH!

Amen.

Full speed ahead.  We (Senate pubbies) can't give in now.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2018, 01:58:00 pm »
Some very interesting FACTS about the history of supreme court nominee Brett Kavanaugh's accuser have come to light.

It seems that many years ago her parents were involved in litigation which should be considered as evidence of the weakness of her accusation.
It was a bitterly contested case, and very emotional as it involved the possible loss of her parent's home.

Aside from the FACTS that this accuser has a history of signing "petitions" against President Trump, giving financial support to various "resistance" organizations and candidates, she made no report to any authority at the time, no record exists of his name EVER coming up in any therapy session (she claims she brought it up in a 2012 session, but the therapist's notes prove otherwise.), and this court case may be the most damning of all.
But, don't expect to see much coverage of it on CNN, MSNBC, et al, because it is only FACTS after all, and doesn't appeal to the emotions of leftists.

Oh! The name of the judge that presided in that long ago case? Martha G. Kavanaugh.

Yes, she is the mother of the supreme court nominee, and no, there was no attempt to have her recuse herself because of the alleged "assault" by her son.

This is just another attempt by the perverts on the left to overturn by "revelation" what they clearly LOST at the ballot box.

"Despicable" is too nice a term for this!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2018, 03:00:02 pm »
The Senate is, above all else, a very exclusive club and Feinstein is a long time member.

Her finances have been a long-running scandal nobody would touch.  If Republicans had any integrity, they would have dealt with her a long time ago.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2018, 03:11:30 pm »

Probably because he's got some Republican Senators on that Committee who already have said that the committee should delay the vote until she is heard.

The key is going to be getting her to testify as quickly as possible.  Give her a Thursday deadline, call Kavanaugh and the other guy to testify on Friday, then hold the vote Saturday morning.  The full Senate would then have all next week to consider the nomination, and hold a vote to confirm him before the next SCOTUS term begins on Monday, October 1.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2018, 03:23:15 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2018, 03:21:53 pm »
Don't go squishy now.

I am being opposed on another thread, by certain views that in losing, there is benefit.

However I never get the specifics of the "foundational principle, for losing.

I have not lost my mind to the degree, in which Hillary Clinton's Supreme Court nominee equal to Donald Trump's nominee.

This confirmation vote is where the rubber meets the oad, on Presidents and Senators.

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2018, 03:33:56 pm »
This isn't about stopping Kavanaugh, this is about having "The Republicans put a would-be rapist on the SCOTUS" as a campaign "issue" to flog every election cycle from now until the Democrats turn the US into a one party state, the US fragments or is conquered by a hostile power, Christ returns in glory, or the sun turns into a red giant, whichever happens first.

Caving to this last minute trick, encourages and rewards it.

I cannot remember every muscle twitch from age 17.

The alleged "victim" is a carefully rehearsed California ultra-leftist college professor psychology, and this move has been under careful development for months, if not years.

Every syllable of her claim, has been parsed, planned, rehearsed and gamed, over and over.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2018, 03:42:24 pm »

Every syllable of her claim, has been parsed, planned, rehearsed and gamed, over and over.

It was as if she had been "coached". 

But that could not be.  These are the vivid recollections of a traumatized victim.  Or a psychopath.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2018, 03:54:07 pm »

But that could not be.  These are the vivid recollections of a traumatized victim.  Or a psychopath.

Just wait till she testifies and starts crying because of the mean ol Repub men's questions
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2018, 04:01:00 pm »

LOL!

BREAKING: Is the accusation against Kavanaugh the culmination of a set-up from 2012?

https://www.spartareport.com/2018/09/breaking-is-the-accusation-against-kavanaugh-the-culmination-of-a-set-up-from-2012/

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2018, 04:02:45 pm »
So far Flake and Graham..there will now be others..look for Collins and Murkoski to say the same...falling right into the rats hands..how stoopid can you be

If they fold on this, there will be hell to pay. 
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2018, 04:08:41 pm »

I am more upset over this than I have been over anything in a long time.  Praying Republicans don't fold over this totally bizarre accusation.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2018, 04:11:52 pm »
I am more upset over this than I have been over anything in a long time.  Praying Republicans don't fold over this totally bizarre accusation.

Me too....this is so upsetting especially when you know what the rats are doing
Support the USO

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2018, 04:21:24 pm »
Her finances have been a long-running scandal nobody would touch.  If Republicans had any integrity, they would have dealt with her a long time ago.

If you want to see a real case of collusion with a Communist Government...you need to look no farther than DiFi.

She's done what the Dems desperately wish Trump had done.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline aligncare

« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2018, 05:03:21 pm »
Me too....this is so upsetting especially when you know what the rats are doing

...and upsetting too because republican senators know – or should know – the game that’s being played here. It’s a perennial #1 or #2 on democrat’s playlist. Always either charges of racism or being mean to girls.

But, something’s fishy here and I suspect this time it won’t work. Even Sen. Collins is cautiously critical of the accusation and has questioned democrats motives in bringing up this matter at this late date.

We’ll see soon enough.

Offline rustynail

« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2018, 05:05:18 pm »
Spine time.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2018, 05:35:02 pm »
...and upsetting too because republican senators know – or should know – the game that’s being played here. It’s a perennial #1 or #2 on democrat’s playlist. Always either charges of racism or being mean to girls.

Sadly most of the Republicans in Congress are more terrified of being smeared as a sexist or bigot by the angry left and the MSM than they are scared of the thought of facing angry constituents for not standing up and doing the right thing.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Wingnut

« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2018, 06:38:52 pm »
LOL!

BREAKING: Is the accusation against Kavanaugh the culmination of a set-up from 2012?

https://www.spartareport.com/2018/09/breaking-is-the-accusation-against-kavanaugh-the-culmination-of-a-set-up-from-2012/

Man.  That is not only plausible but darn near 4 steps above probable.