Author Topic: Marco Rubio Defends NFL Player Who Took A Knee During Anthem This Week  (Read 852 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Marco Rubio Defends NFL Player Who Took A Knee During Anthem This Week
LIZZIE HELMER | SEP 13, 2018 | 11:38 AM

Dolphins wide receiver Kenny Stills took a knee during the national anthem on Sunday and spent time with veterans on Tuesday. Florida Senator Marco Rubio wanted to highlight the later.

“No NFL player does more community service than [Stills],” Rubio tweeted on Wednesday. “You don't have to agree with how or why he has chosen to exercise the 1st Amendment before every game to acknowledge the hours he gives voluntarily, on his day off, to serve fellow Americans.”

Rubio accompanied his tweet with photos of Stills visiting veterans on 9/11.

Read more at: https://ijr.com/2018/09/1123500-marco-rubio-nfl-anthem/

I'm not sure if this was posted, will post here. This has created a bit of controversy with Rubio. Maybe Rubio did not know the player took a knee.

Offline mountaineer

Re: Marco Rubio Defends NFL Player Who Took A Knee During Anthem This Week
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 07:35:59 pm »
Why do some people, especially politicians, believe they have to comment on freakin' everything? Had Rubio said nothing, no one would have noticed.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Marco Rubio Defends NFL Player Who Took A Knee During Anthem This Week
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2018, 12:57:17 pm »
“No NFL player does more community service than [Stills],” Rubio tweeted on Wednesday. “You don't have to agree with how or why he has chosen to exercise the 1st Amendment before every game to acknowledge the hours he gives voluntarily, on his day off, to serve fellow Americans.
Lil Marco is nuts if he believes what he calls "community service" outweighs disrespect for this nation.

We already had Obama gin that one up, and I for one am glad Marco exposed himself now so we will not repeat that mistake.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington