Author Topic: 10K New York City Employees Stop Paying Big Labor Fees After Janus Ruling  (Read 1449 times)

Offline endicom

Townhall
Timothy Meads
Sept. 15, 2018

The New York Post recently reported that more than 10,000 New York City employees decided that they actually did not want to pay money towards their previously forced monopoly bargaining representatives. These workers were freed from paying forced union dues by a 5-4 Supreme Court ruling in Janus v. AFSCME which declared that forced public sector union fees are a violation of the First Amendment.

According to the New York Post, this resulted in nearly a quarter million worth of union fees being subtracted from the hands of Big Labor.

More... https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2018/09/15/10k-new-york-city-employees-optout-of-big-labor-fees-after-janus-ruling-n2519327

Online Right_in_Virginia

10K New York City Employees Stop Paying Big Labor Fees After Janus Ruling
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 04:56:09 pm »
10K New York City Employees Stop Paying Big Labor Fees After Janus Ruling
Townhall, Sep 15, 2018, Timothy Meads

The New York Post recently reported that more than 10,000 New York City employees decided that they actually did not want to pay money towards their previously forced monopoly bargaining representatives. These workers were freed from paying forced union dues by a 5-4 Supreme Court ruling in Janus v. AFSCME which declared that forced public sector union fees are a violation of the First Amendment.

According to the New York Post, this resulted in nearly a quarter million worth of union fees being subtracted from the hands of Big Labor.   Via the New York Post:

"City records show that there were 314,770 city workers paying union dues prior to the Janus v. AFSCME ruling on June 27 that found government workers can’t be forced to pay dues to unions that represent them in collective bargaining.

By the first July pay period following the decision, the number dropped by 10,328 – or 3 percent – to 304,442. That cost the unions about $250,000 for that two-week period."

More:  https://townhall.com/tipsheet/timothymeads/2018/09/15/10k-new-york-city-employees-optout-of-big-labor-fees-after-janus-ruling-n2519327

Online LMAO

Re: 10K New York City Employees Stop Paying Big Labor Fees After Janus Ruling
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 05:17:41 pm »
I have some relatives who hate this ruling. They go on about how we have many things to thank for unions such as 8 hour workdays. I’ve asked them if unions are so great, why force people to join?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline endicom

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 05:26:09 pm »
Topics merged.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2018, 09:19:35 pm »
And this is New York City. Imagine what it will be in the interior of the country.
The Republic is lost.