Author Topic: Texas State Board of Education votes to erase Hillary Clinton from history curriculum  (Read 800 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Texas State Board of Education votes to erase Hillary Clinton from history curriculum
The Hill, Sep 14, 2018, Aris Folley

The State Board of Education in Texas voted on Friday to eliminate several historical figures, including Hillary Clinton and Helen Keller, from the state’s social studies curriculum.

Barbara Cargill, a Texas Republican and member of the board, told The Dallas Morning News that "the recommendation to eliminate Helen Keller and Hillary Clinton was made by [Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills] work groups.”

“However the board did vote to agree with the work groups' recommendations,” Cargill pointed out. "In speaking to teachers and testifiers, they did not mention these specific deletions."

The decision made by the 15-member body reportedly came as part of an overall effort to "streamline" the state’s social studies curriculum.

More:  http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/406771-texas-board-votes-to-eliminate-hillary-clinton-helen-keller

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is more far-reaching than it sounds.  A lot of other states buy the text books produced by the TX group.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
Obviously, history books can't mention everybody and decisions have to be made as to who to include, but I can't tell from the story if this is a problem or not. Are they eliminating Clinton because she's too embarrassing, or because she isn't important enough?

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Obviously, history books can't mention everybody and decisions have to be made as to who to include, but I can't tell from the story if this is a problem or not. Are they eliminating Clinton because she's too embarrassing, or because she isn't important enough?

Dittos Helen Keller.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: