Author Topic: Sasse Wants To 'Drain The Swamp' For Real  (Read 1347 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Sasse Wants To 'Drain The Swamp' For Real
« Reply #25 on: September 14, 2018, 09:00:46 pm »
Drain the swamp?  :pondering:

How does this impact:  Strozok, Comey, Rosenstein, Mueller, Obama, Clinton, Bush, Page, Yates, Brennan, Clapper, Kerry, the media serving as an arm of the Democats .... et al? 

Want to keep congress honest?  Pass term limits.  Want to keep foreign money out of politics, enforce the laws on the books. Want to uproot the deep state ... end security clearances concurrent with employment and appoint a second special counsel to put their asses in front of a grand jury and not behind it.

We desperately need term limits but I don't see a path to getting that passed.  Unfortunately, the people who vote on it want to coast along forever.

The only terms limits possible right now are voting out the useless despicable ones.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2018, 09:05:01 pm »
We desperately need term limits …

NO! We don't!

We desperately need an electorate willing to supervise their employees!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2018, 09:07:28 pm »
NO! We don't!

We desperately need an electorate willing to supervise their employees!
Need to qualify what electorate.  Legal citizens, educated or smart or rational.  That there alone should only leave a handful.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy