Author Topic: NICKELBACK COVERED A METALLICA SONG, AND PEOPLE ARE LIVID  (Read 4109 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
NICKELBACK COVERED A METALLICA SONG, AND PEOPLE ARE LIVID
« on: September 14, 2018, 01:36:44 am »
"Nice try Nickelback but you’re still dogshit."

People don't like Nickelback. Science has even explained why the post-grunge rockers are so universally hated. But do they hate them as much when they're playing a staple of Metallica's discography?

If reactions to a now-viral video of Chad Kroeger and company performing "Sad But True" are any indicator, then the answer is yes. Watch the Canadian band's brave cover of the "Black Album" single below:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfihu8lM5eE&ab_channel=BlackDiamondClubCaruaru

Pretty good, right? Nickelback's drummer even rushed the opening fill, just like Lars Ulrich would! If it weren't for Kroeger's shoddy vocal impression of James Hetfield, one might actually mistake the clip's audio for a live Metallica performance.

Some listeners disagreed with this writer's opinion and lashed out on Twitter.

https://www.maxim.com/entertainment/nickelback-covers-metallica-2018-9

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline goodwithagun

Re: NICKELBACK COVERED A METALLICA SONG, AND PEOPLE ARE LIVID
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 01:41:04 am »
Ugh. They ruin everything.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 01:43:33 am »
I like Metallica, especially the Black Album.  Nickelback did a good job of covering this song.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2018, 09:03:11 am »
I don't get the hatred of Nickleback considering the overall pathetic state of pop today.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2018, 12:23:26 pm »
I LOVE me some Nickleback. Don't know why they would waste their time doing Metallica a favor.
This really is one of the funniest songs I have ever heard.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2018, 12:24:09 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2018, 09:12:12 pm »
I LOVE me some Nickleback. Don't know why they would waste their time doing Metallica a favor.
This really is one of the funniest songs I have ever heard.

Now That is funny, a lot funnier than Knoplflers Money For Nothing.

Especially the cameo of Ted Nugent at 3:54 lip syncing "Everybody's got a drug dealer on speed dial", considering Ted boasts that he's never done any drugs or got drunk, AND, he's turned in idiots at concerts who've offered him drugs.
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com