Author Topic: Update on Feinstein’s mystery letter: FBI doesn’t plan to investigate Kavanaugh  (Read 1161 times)

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

Update on Feinstein’s mystery letter: FBI doesn’t plan to investigate Kavanaugh, will refer matter to White House

They don’t plan to investigate Kavanaugh now, is how WaPo phrases it. But given how incredibly high Kavanaugh’s public profile is, they’d naturally feel heavy pressure to investigate if they had any reason to believe there was something to the claims in the letter. Imagine the FBI standing down for the boss’s Supreme Court nominee on a matter as grave as sexual misconduct only to have it come out later that there was probable cause all along to believe something had happened. The last thing the Bureau needs at this point is another supercharged accusation of scandal and politicization, this time involving looking the other way at a sex offense to protect the president’s fair-haired boy.

See Also: Pompeo backs Saudi military action in Yemen

Now try to imagine the political clusterfark involved in the House and Senate having to figure out later whether to impeach Kavanaugh as a justice because of new details about the incident that the FBI *could* have discovered if it had investigated right now, before he was confirmed. Far better for them that they vet this before he’s on the bench.

All of which makes me think there isn’t anything there.

https://hotair.com/archives/2018/09/13/update-feinsteins-mystery-letter-fbi-doesnt-plan-investigate-kavanaugh-will-refer-matter-white-house/
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 10:59:32 pm by The Ghost »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has declined to investigate Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh over allegations sent to them by Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-CA).

Matt Zapotosky of The Washington Post quoted an FBI official as saying: “Upon receipt of the information on the night of September 12, we included it as part of Judge Kavanaugh’s background file, as per the standard process.” He also reported that the agency was not opening a criminal investigation into what Kavanaugh may or may not have done as a high school student.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35848/breaking-fbi-isnt-investigating-brett-kavanaugh-ashe-schow?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_content=051717-news&utm_campaign=dwtwitter
The Republic is lost.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Laura Ingraham just reported that Brett and another boy locked a girl in a room, by herself at a party and that made her feel uncomfortable..he was 17yo and the two boys were joking around... :pop41:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Now the Rats are going to try and claim a cover up.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Topics merged.
The Republic is lost.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Her feelings were hurt. 

Jail him!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Applewood

Democrats are going to try anything to sink Judge Kavanaugh's nomination to SCOTUS. 

Sounds a little like the Roy Moore treatment.  Hey, it worked before; why not do it again?  Maybe the Dems should just go out and find a few more women to come forward and make bogus claims about the judge.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Kavanaugh has lead a remarkably upright life if the worst they can find on him is a prank when he was 17.  Especially considering how much time he has spent in public service.

"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Laura Ingraham just reported that Brett and another boy locked a girl in a room, by herself at a party and that made her feel uncomfortable..he was 17yo and the two boys were joking around... :pop41:

@mystery-ak

Don't tell anybody but I dipped the tips of the girl who sat in front of me in fourth grade's pigtails in my bottle of ink!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 05:01:21 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Millee

In 3rd grade he told a girl that she had cooties.  Brett Kavanaugh hates women!!!