Author Topic: Booker: I am not Spartacus  (Read 630 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Booker: I am not Spartacus
« on: September 14, 2018, 02:13:53 pm »
Booker: I am not Spartacus
By Alexander Bolton - 09/14/18 06:02 AM EDT

Sen. Cory Booker (D-N.J.) told The Hill Thursday that he did not intend to compare himself to Spartacus during last week’s Supreme Court confirmation —a moment that put him squarely in the political spotlight but also led to some mockery.

Booker, who is widely seen as preparing for a White House run in 2020, says he has no regrets about his “Spartacus” moment.

“It doesn’t take away from the larger point and, again, all of this is about the larger point. We have documents that have been hidden from the public, that shouldn’t have been hidden from the public,” Booker said Thursday. 

Booker certainly gained attention with his theatrics. A film crew with Showtime’s “The Circus” camped in the hallway outside Booker’s office on Thursday to shoot an impromptu interview with him.

“After I was threatened with expulsion and had my character challenged, I was very happy that colleague after colleague after colleagues stepped up,” Booker said.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/406636-booker-i-am-not-spartacus
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Booker: I am not Spartacus
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 02:21:40 pm »
Ah..he stole my tag line
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 02:23:39 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 02:22:10 pm »
Ah, the old "fake but accurate" defense.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2018, 02:36:55 pm »
Who, besides Booker, threatened Booker with expulsion?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline To-Whose-Benefit?

• Wulf Anson Author
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2018, 03:40:40 pm »
My 'Viking Hunter' High Adventure Alternate History Series is FREE, ALL 3 volumes, at most ebook retailers including Ibooks, Barnes and Noble, Kobo, and more.

In Vol 2 the weapons come out in a winner take all war on two fronts.

Vol 3 opens with the rigged murder trial of the villain in a Viking Court under Viking law to set the stage for the hero's own murder trial.

http://wulfanson.blogspot.com

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2018, 03:53:24 pm »
Who, besides Booker, threatened Booker with expulsion?

I think most reporting that I saw were referring to the comments that Senator John Cornyn made which appeared to reference Rule 29 about expulsion:

Rule 29 of the Senate states in part that any senator “who shall disclose the secret or confidential business or proceedings of the Senate, including the business and proceedings of the committees, subcommittees, and offices of the Senate, shall be liable, if a Senator, to suffer expulsion from the body.”.........................

“No senator deserves to sit on this committee, or serve in the Senate in my view, if they decide to be a law unto themselves and willingly flout the rules of the Senate and the determination of confidentiality and classification,” Cornyn said at the nomination hearing. “That is irresponsible and conduct unbecoming a senator.”

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/senators-actually-tried-expel-cory-booker
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 03:53:56 pm by Concerned »
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2018, 04:07:35 pm »
I think most reporting that I saw were referring to the comments that Senator John Cornyn made which appeared to reference Rule 29 about expulsion:

https://www.rollcall.com/news/politics/senators-actually-tried-expel-cory-booker

TY!  Even that turned out to be non-operational, because all of the docs that Sparticus revealed were not confidential at the time that he did it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2018, 04:10:05 pm »
TY!  Even that turned out to be non-operational, because all of the docs that Sparticus revealed were not confidential at the time that he did it.

Exactly!  Just pure grandstanding by the junior Senator from my state.   :thumbsdown:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2018, 04:35:06 pm »
What a freakin' moron he is.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org