Author Topic: Willie Nelson to headline rally for Beto O'Rourke  (Read 5246 times)

Online corbe

Willie Nelson to headline rally for Beto O'Rourke
« on: September 12, 2018, 11:55:21 pm »
Willie Nelson to headline rally for Beto O'Rourke

By Michael Burke - 09/12/18 07:41 PM EDT

Country singer Willie Nelson will headline a rally for Democratic Rep. Beto O'Rourke (Texas) later this month as O’Rourke campaigns to unseat Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R) in the midterms.

“If we're going to win and elect Beto to the Senate, we need Texans to vote for him! And what’s more Texan than Willie Nelson? (Nothing!),” O’Rourke’s campaign wrote on an event page for the rally.

The rally is scheduled for Sept. 29 in Austin, Texas. 

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/406399-willie-nelson-to-headline-rally-for-beto-orourke
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online corbe

Re: Willie Nelson to headline rally for Beto O'Rourke
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2018, 12:00:32 am »
   No surprise here, maybe GWB will show up and play tambourine.   

Willie Nelson - Still Not Dead

! No longer available
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2018, 12:02:18 am »
Good Corbe! Where can I buy tickets!

***guitar man****

I'm only kidding.

Willie's about 82, 84 or something... so while I don't agree with him, I have no ill feelings towards him... say, vs. the Dixie Chicks 10 years ago or so.  That riled a lot of people. Senator Cruz may well get some celebrities in his corner like George Strait I would think.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2018, 12:05:05 am »
Some people boycott, I think unless it is a really severe case..... I won't do that.

Dennis Prager has called free speech, how does he put it? The flavor of free speech or something when Ben and Jerry's do there thing. But they can push it too far.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2018, 12:07:41 am »
Roll him up and smoke him when he dies.....

Offline jpsb

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2018, 12:08:25 am »
Now I know why I never liked Willie

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 12:17:58 am »

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 02:21:56 am »
... is there anyone who didn't know that Willie is a left-wing loon?   :shrug:
Let it burn.

Offline thackney

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2018, 12:01:11 pm »
There is a simple reason Willie is doing this:

https://www.texasmonthly.com/burka-blog/beto-orourke-wants-end-war-drugs-know/

..Texas has what would have been unthinkable just a few years ago: a statewide candidate for U.S. Senate who wants to reform federal law to end the prohibition on marijuana and regulate its sale like alcohol. Beto O’Rourke has pushed this ever since he served on the El Paso city council...

https://www.marijuanamoment.net/marijuana-in-texas-where-ted-cruz-and-beto-orourke-stand-on-legalization/
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2018, 12:22:00 pm »

And what’s more Texan than Willie Nelson? (Nothing!),”

They might think that in Austin.  But there is a Strait guy from a little further south who is 10X the Texan this washed out  dirt bag is.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2018, 12:23:41 pm »
The problem with that is that most of the people who support Beto will not even know who Willie is. He is my father's generation (LOL) and that is saying a lot.

His fans want Cardi B or Post Malone. Even Eminem is too old now for the pop/rap scene.

All I a can say to Willie is, I hope he is planning a short set because the Beto crowd will not know any of his songs and they aren't going to stand his nasally whining for very long. Not a good fit.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:50:09 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline thackney

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2018, 12:51:19 pm »
The problem with that is that most of the people who support Beto will not even know who Willie is. He is my father's generation (LOL) and that is saying a lot.

His fans want Cardi B or Post Malone. Even Eminem is too old now for the pop/rap scene.

All I a can say to Willie is, I hope he is planning a short set because the Beto crowd will not know any of his songs and they aren't going to stand his nasally whining for very long. Not a good fit.

In Texas?  Willie routinely does large sold-out shows.  Even outside of Texas.  I don't like the man personally but his music is loved by several generations.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2018, 02:01:34 pm »
In Texas?  Willie routinely does large sold-out shows.  Even outside of Texas.  I don't like the man personally but his music is loved by several generations.

Say versus George Strait? We can run the music industry stats if you like.  If Beto the Buffoon really wanted a Texas icon he'd get a real Texan. 

We here in Texas can see past that bull shit.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2018, 02:10:13 pm »

When Willie was in Shreveport a few months ago, it sold out in a day and it was mostly packed with millennial hipster types.

Offline thackney

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2018, 02:13:26 pm »
Say versus George Strait? We can run the music industry stats if you like.  If Beto the Buffoon really wanted a Texas icon he'd get a real Texan. 

We here in Texas can see past that bull shit.

I'm not claiming he is better or more favored.  He does sell more concert tickets than George Strait.   Thinking Willie is a has-been is silly.

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 02:27:45 pm »
Beto must have promised Willie a couple bales of weed.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 02:35:22 pm »
I'm not claiming he is better or more favored.  He does sell more concert tickets than George Strait.   Thinking Willie is a has-been is silly.

Man owns the North American record for concert attendance at one concert. (105.000)  I can fish out the Houston Livestock and Rodeo attendance data if you really want to make some comparisons.  Do you want to compare album sales, No.1's , etc.?

Again...  comparing Willie to Strait is past silly.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/6113943/george-straight-final-show-breaks-attendance-record

Offline thackney

« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2018, 02:48:31 pm »
Beto must have promised Willie a couple bales of weed.

Beto has been pushing to make it legal.

Offline thackney

« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2018, 02:50:15 pm »
Man owns the North American record for concert attendance at one concert. (105.000)  I can fish out the Houston Livestock and Rodeo attendance data if you really want to make some comparisons.  Do you want to compare album sales, No.1's , etc.?

Again...  comparing Willie to Strait is past silly.

https://www.billboard.com/articles/6113943/george-straight-final-show-breaks-attendance-record

Maybe in the past, but the voting is not done in the past.  George Strait is great, but he quit touring in 2012.  He does a just few concerts in Vegas and Houston each year.  Willie is still on the road, again.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2018, 02:57:01 pm »
All of this whose Willie is bigger doesn't matter as George isn't campaigning.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2018, 03:02:00 pm »
I've sat on the ground and listened to Willie pick and sing at Hondo's place several times.  Hope Him and Beto have a good time but I'll still be voting for Ted Cruz.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online mountaineer

« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2018, 03:09:38 pm »
What's he going to sing? When Irish Eyes are Smiling? Londonderry Air?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2018, 03:11:05 pm »
All of this whose Willie is bigger doesn't matter as George isn't campaigning.

Point wasn't really who was bigger or whether Strait would campaign (and He won't ....he's quiet on the political front).  Deal is that Texans view Willie as an old washed up stoner, who politically only sings to his own choir.  He won't even tick the electoral meter here.

BTW....  as far as I am concerned he hasn't made anything over listenable since  Red Headed Stranger.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2018, 03:12:32 pm »
What's he going to sing? When Irish Eyes are Smiling? Londonderry Air?

Nope.....

Beer For my Horses.  Because that is what all the liberal women in the crowd are going look like.

Online corbe

« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2018, 03:15:23 pm »
What would Willie do ~ Charlie Robinson

! No longer available