Author Topic: Beto O’Rourke Fires Back at Trump’s Border Plan: “We Don’t Need a Wall”  (Read 837 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Mother Jones by Hannah Levintova September 13, 2018

On Wednesday night, O’Rourke went on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, for a conversation heavy on immigration. In stark contrast to his opponent, O’Rourke said he opposed Trump’s planned wall along the Mexican border. He said that Democrats shouldn’t agree to a wall in exchange for relief for Dreamers, and that DACA-recipients should be made citizens. You can watch the full clip below.

! No longer available

More: https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/09/beto-orourke-texas-senate-stephen-colbert-border-wall/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Hypocrisy defined: Democrats consider an uncorroborated claim of a 35 year-old high-school incident as a matter serious enough to derail a SCOTUS nomination, but a 20 year-old police report with multiple witnesses of a drunk driving crash & attempt to flee that his Daddy's influence got him out of as nothing to consider in electing a U.S. senator.

The Democrat's cry about the unverified high-school story: "What if it was your daughter?"

My response: "What if your daughter was in the truck Beto crashed into?"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline skeeter

Hypocrisy defined: Democrats consider an uncorroborated claim of a 35 year-old high-school incident as a matter serious enough to derail a SCOTUS nomination, but a 20 year-old police report with multiple witnesses of a drunk driving crash & attempt to flee that his Daddy's influence got him out of as nothing to consider in electing a U.S. senator.

The Democrat's cry about the unverified high-school story: "What if it was your daughter?"

My response: "What if your daughter was in the truck Beto crashed into?"

The democrats/media would never be able to get away with this constant, gross double standard were the GOP not complicit.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The democrats/media would never be able to get away with this constant, gross double standard were the GOP not complicit.

:amen:  We even allow them to tell us who we can choose as candidates now days!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien