Author Topic: Trump administration took nearly $10 million from FEMA's budget to support ICE, documents show  (Read 689 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/09/11/femas-budget-cut-10-million-support-ice-documents-show/1274723002/
WASHINGTON — The Trump administration took nearly $10 million from the Federal Emergency Management Agency's budget this summer to help boost U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement, according to budget documents shared with USA TODAY.

The revelation, just ahead of Hurricane Florence's expected landfall in North and South Carolina, was found by Sen. Jeff Merkley, D-Ore., who first shared the documents live on MSNBC late Tuesday.

He told USA TODAY that after the devastation of last year's storms, including hurricanes Maria, Harvey and Irma, FEMA should have the funds it needs to be prepared for another disastrous hurricane season.

"It's almost guaranteed to happen again, so this is just incredibly irresponsible," Merkley said.

more at link...

I wonder what new outrage we will be talking about next week?

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Cyber Liberty

once-ler says:  "They got him now."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
@Cyber Liberty

@Once-Ler says all kinds of things.   All of it wrong!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
@Once-Ler says all kinds of things.   All of it wrong!

You ain't stupid on that topic!  :laugh:

Offline aligncare

The Democrats have been crying wolf about Trump for nearly 3 years with literally no doom coming to pass and nothing but important policy and regulatory improvements under a Trump administration.

You’d think they would learn that attacking Trump ain’t working for them, and that their credibility is in the toilet right next to the media’s because of their constant daily attacks on the president.

But far be it from me to give good advice to the Democrats.

@Cyber Liberty

Whisper it gently. 
Slow and breathy at first.

Then faster with more urgency.
A little louder now, as you gently pull and clutch at my clothing and draw me closer.
Let your moistened lip brush against the lower lobe of my ear...

"They got him now."

My body trembles with electricity as you chant 4 syllables...Like a mediation mantra

...they [a bird sings in the distance]

...got [a ray of sun light flutters between trees]

...him [my loins stiffen and sweat rolls across my chest]

...now

Oh God!!!  I love you @The Ghost

Offline Frank Cannon

.... lists $9,755,303 taken from FEMA's budget, about .9 percent of the agency's listed overall budget...

LOL. Less than one percent of this fraud agency's total budget was used to do something real and all the pearl clutching Trump Haters are having the vapors. Eff them.

Offline Frank Cannon

Oh. The Trump Haters are ginning up some effing Fake News here......

"The money in question — transferred to ICE from FEMA’s routine operating expenses — could not have been used for hurricane response due to appropriation limitations."

While it's not uncommon for agencies to move money around...

.... lists $9,755,303 taken from FEMA's budget, about .9 percent of the agency's listed overall budget...

LOL. Less than one percent of this fraud agency's total budget was used to do something real and all the pearl clutching Trump Haters are having the vapors. Eff them.

Thank God you will get two posts to respond every time Kanye says Trump hates black people.

Online Wingnut

Thank God you will get two posts to respond every time Kanye says Trump hates black people.

"Oncey, you're doing a heck of a job".

"Oncey, you're doing a heck of a job".

Whisper it gently.
Slow and breathy at first.

Then faster with more urgency.
A little louder now, as you gently pull and clutch at my clothing and draw me closer.
Let your moistened lip brush against the lower lobe of my ear...

"Oncey, you're doing a heck of a job"

My body trembles with electricity as you chant the phrase...Like a mediation mantra

...you're [a bird sings in the distance]

...doing [a ray of sun light flutters between trees]

...a heck [my loins stiffen and sweat rolls across my chest]

...of a job

Oh God!!!  I love you @The Ghost

Offline aligncare

“...documents show”  :silly:

As if there were something nefarious going on.  The media is so dishonest.