Author Topic: ‘Green’ Homes In New Orleans Built By Brad Pitt Charity After Hurricane Katrina Are Falling Apart  (Read 1045 times)

Offline endicom

Daily Wire
Ashe Schow
Sept. 12, 2018

After Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans in 2005, actor Brad Pitt created a charity called the “Make It Right Foundation,” which built homes for those in the city’s Lower 9th Ward. The homes were supposed to be “affordable, high-quality, environmentally sustainable” and “safe,” according to the foundation’s website. But an NBC investigation has found that the homes are falling apart, and the organization has “all but disappeared.”

NBC spoke to Kamaria Allen, who purchased one of the Make It Right homes for $130,000 in 2011 but has since abandoned the house which has “mushrooms growing from its split siding” and “wooden boards propping up its sagging roof,” NBC reports.

The news outlet spoke to 11 residents (10 on the record) who said the houses are “rotting and dangerous.”

More... https://www.dailywire.com/news/35769/green-homes-new-orleans-built-brad-pitt-charity-ashe-schow

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Homes do need routine maintenance.  And homes in the humid south like NOLA are far more susceptible to all kinds of molds and invasive bugs.    That being said,  knowing the class of people who "live" in those homes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they probably don't do squat as far as upkeep.   

That is not to say these so called Green homes  could just be POS claptraps.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Homes do need routine maintenance.  And homes in the humid south like NOLA are far more susceptible to all kinds of molds and invasive bugs.    That being said,  knowing the class of people who "live" in those homes, I'm going to go out on a limb and say they probably don't do squat as far as upkeep.   

That is not to say these so called Green homes  could just be POS claptraps.

My guess is that the POS claptraps Pitt and his posse of do gooder attention seekers threw up have seen exactly zero maintenance since they were thrown up.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
No good deed goes unpunished.

Offline musiclady

Why am I not surprised?
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39

After Hurricane Katrina devastated New Orleans in 2005, actor Brad Pitt created a charity called the “Make It Right Foundation,” which built homes for those in the city’s Lower 9th Ward. The homes were supposed to be “affordable, high-quality, environmentally sustainable” and “safe,” according to the foundation’s website. But an NBC investigation has found that the homes are falling apart, and the organization has “all but disappeared.”
NBC spoke to Kamaria Allen, who purchased one of the Make It Right homes for $130,000 in 2011 but has since abandoned the house which has “mushrooms growing from its split siding” and “wooden boards propping up its sagging roof,” NBC reports.

The news outlet spoke to 11 residents (10 on the record) who said the houses are “rotting and dangerous.”

“They complain of mold and collapsing structures, electrical fires and gas leaks,” NBC reported. “They say the houses were built too quickly, with low-quality materials, and that the designs didn’t take into account New Orleans’ humid, rainy climate.”

And now Make It Right has disappeared.

“Make It Right hasn’t built a home, filed tax forms or updated its website since 2015,” NBC reported. “The downtown New Orleans office has been closed, the staff has been cut to a handful and residents say their calls go unreturned. While Pitt ordered inspections for the homes in 2016, according to a spokesperson, residents say they’re still waiting for the results and for much-needed repairs.”

Last week, two residents filed a lawsuit against Pitt and the foundation. In August 2012, an environmental inspection company hired by Make It Right reported it had found mold in Allen’s kitchen cabinets and basidiospores, which ““are often associated with advance mold rot caused by a chronic moisture condition.” Allen had previously complained to her doctor of headaches and constant fatigue. The rest of her family lives in another home built by Make It Right.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/35769/green-homes-new-orleans-built-brad-pitt-charity-ashe-schow
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Applewood

Stupid Hollywood do-gooders. 

I hope the litigants aren't looking for Brad to make good.  Last I heard he has his own financial problems fighting in an acrimonious divorce proceeding from his equally Hollywood do-gooder estranged wife.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Hope Pitt saved up for all those Medical lawsuits associated with his moldy slums.

These are my favorite feel good stories.   Nothing beats a little schadenfreude at the expense of a stupid liberal celebrity.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline endicom