Author Topic: Tennis umpires considering boycotting Serena Williams matches: report  (Read 747 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Tennis umpires considering boycotting Serena Williams matches: report
By Aris Folley - 09/12/18 01:39 PM EDT

Tennis umpires are reportedly considering boycotting matches involving Serena Williams after the athlete’s controversial loss in the U.S. Open women's tennis final on Saturday.

A report by The Times of London published on Tuesday cited an anonymous official saying that tennis umpires are considering refusing to officiate matches involving Williams.

The potential stance comes after the Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) and United States Tennis Association (USTA) supported the athlete following her claims of sexism against chair umpire Carlos Ramos in the final.

William’s match with 20-year-old Naomi Osaka of Japan was clouded with controversy after Ramos issued a code violation to Williams during play, saying she had received coaching during the match — a point Williams strongly denied.

more
http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/406303-tennis-umpires-considering-boycotting-serena-williams-matches
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Tennis umpires considering boycotting Serena Williams matches: report
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 05:51:14 pm »
I remember the Baseball Umpires strike.  Minor league umps made for major problems! It was not good.

I say the umps should do it.  Screw the diva bitch.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 06:02:59 pm »
Given the circumstances of her loss Ms Williams went with the only whine available to her.

Now like Colin Pimpleneck she's turned her display of poor sportsmanship into a saintly virtue.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 07:30:41 pm »
William’s match with 20-year-old Naomi Osaka of Japan was clouded with controversy after Ramos issued a code violation to Williams during play, saying she had received coaching during the match — a point Williams strongly denied.

IIRC, her coach admitted to the infraction.  I'm not really up to full speed on this story so I could be wrong.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 07:31:17 pm »
I remember the Baseball Umpires strike.  Minor league umps made for major problems! It was not good.

I say the umps should do it.  Screw the diva bitch.

:thumbsup:
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: