Author Topic: Study: More Than Half of Trans Male Teens Attempt Suicide  (Read 1305 times)

rangerrebew

Study: More Than Half of Trans Male Teens Attempt Suicide
« on: September 12, 2018, 02:44:25 pm »
Study: More Than Half of Trans Male Teens Attempt Suicide

The rate of suicide attempts is alarmingly high for trans girls and nonbinary teens as well, according to the American Academy of Pediatrics.
By Trudy Ring
September 11 2018 7:57 PM EDT

A new study from the American Academy of Pediatrics shows an alarmingly high rate of suicide attempts among transgender teens, particularly trans boys.

Nearly 14 percent of all adolescents in the study, “Transgender Adolescent Suicide Behavior,” based on data from “Profiles of Student Life: Attitudes and Behaviors” survey from the Search Institute, reported they had attempted suicide. But 51 percent of transgender males reported at least one attempt, the highest percentage of any gender identity group. The second highest was among nonbinary teens, nearly 42 percent.

https://www.advocate.com/youth/2018/9/11/study-more-half-trans-male-teens-attempt-suicide

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: Study: More Than Half of Trans Male Teens Attempt Suicide
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 03:09:54 pm »
Also, they are much more likely to be addicted to drugs and alcohol and to have STDs. But this is true of homosexuals in general.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 03:21:15 pm »
In all other cases, a deep-seated contrafactual belief that causes the person holding it suffering, is treated as a delusion and a sign of mental illness, to be met with compassion, psychotherapy, and possibly medication to suppress the delusions.  In the case of people who fancy they are not the sex their chromosomes and outward physiology shows them to be, instead we are told it is society that must change, and that they should be provided with surgery and hormone injections to turn them into simulacrums of their delusion.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 03:47:45 pm »
The underlying cause of all the suicides and drug abuse is that they are trying to be something that they simply are not. If a person told you that they are really a horse stuck in a human body, well that would be nuts. And yet if a man says he is a woman or vice versa, all of society is supposed to bow down to that and to give them special privileges. One would think that every competent psychiatrist/psychologist in the country would be against this. It is like reinforcing in a very real way that if a person thinks they are Napoleon or Jesus then they really are. And they must be treated as such in a real way. That is insanity.

Also, there are maintenance issues which are extreme. How can a man know that he wants boobs and a vagina; how can a woman know what to do with a mastectomy and a penis if they have never had one. I mean, how can a person know what that is really like or what to really expect until after the fact? They can't. So once they do the deed, it is final. If they find out that it is not at all what they expected and they do not like it, well, that's just too bad. There is no going back. If they try to go back the most they can be is half and half. And that can surly drive some people to suicide.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 04:40:06 pm »
I'm having a definitional problem with this story:  What is a "Transgender Male?"  Is it a biological female or male?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 04:47:22 pm »
I'm having a definitional problem with this story:  What is a "Transgender Male?"  Is it a biological female or male?

I understand the question...but...does it really matter? Two sides of the same coin.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2018, 04:47:52 pm »
Did it say ff the 50% who attempt to off themselves...  how many have a successful outcome?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2018, 05:06:16 pm »
Out of society sooner or later, what's the big deal, it's not like they're gonna contribute their defective genes to the future gene pool anyway. :shrug:

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2018, 05:42:32 pm »
I blame parents, teachers, administrators, medical "pros."

Aren't there some statues of J. Edgar Hoover, that need tearing down?

"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2018, 05:49:03 pm »
Out of society sooner or later, what's the big deal, it's not like they're gonna contribute their defective genes to the future gene pool anyway. :shrug:

That's what people have said about homosexuals for decades. And yet there are more now than ever before. That is because these people cannot reproduce, so they recruit instead. There is always some child or mentally weak person who can be exploited with this nonsense.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2018, 06:46:10 pm »
I understand the question...but...does it really matter? Two sides of the same coin.

Yeah, I kind of think it does matter.  Aren't biological females more likely than males to try to off themselves?  That alone could account for the difference.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2018, 06:57:49 pm »
Yeah, I kind of think it does matter.  Aren't biological females more likely than males to try to off themselves?  That alone could account for the difference.
@Cyber Liberty -- You are absolutely right. Normal people can't understand their jargon. But yes, they are talking about the women who think they are men.

Among Teens, Transgender Boys Are Most Likely To Attempt Suicide: Study
KSRO.com
BY: DR. ITALO M. BROWN
SEPTEMBER 11, 2018

(NEW YORK) — A new study reveals that within the last year, 14 percent of teenagers have attempted suicide at least once. But while that statistic alone is alarming, the research shows there’s an even larger risk if the teen identifies as another gender.

Transgender and nonbinary teens face a higher risk of suicide when compared to others, but it’s trans male teens who face the highest risk, reporting, on average, at least one suicide attempt in the last year, according to the study published in Pediatrics.

“There is an urgent need to understand why transgender, female-to-male and nonbinary adolescents report engaging in suicide behavior at higher levels,” says co-author Russell B. Toomey, PhD, in the article.

http://www.ksro.com/2018/09/11/among-teens-transgender-boys-are-most-likely-to-attempt-suicide-study/

An odd thing about female suicide is that they tend to use methods which do not mess up their face. Cutting their wrists. Poison/Drugs. Shooting themselves in the chest. Etc.
I wonder if that applies with these women too?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 07:02:59 pm by 240B »

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2018, 07:43:00 pm »
@Cyber Liberty -- You are absolutely right. Normal people can't understand their jargon. But yes, they are talking about the women who think they are men.

An odd thing about female suicide is that they tend to use methods which do not mess up their face. Cutting their wrists. Poison/Drugs. Shooting themselves in the chest. Etc.

"It is better to look good than to feel good"
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2018, 08:32:48 pm »

Those methods are more likely to end in failure, because they don't really want to die.
I will NOT comply.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2018, 09:54:32 pm »
Those methods are more likely to end in failure, because they don't really want to die.

I've been asked in various screenings, 'Have you ever attempted suicide.' My standard answer is, "If I had I wouldn't be here right now. If I wanted to kill myself, I would just do it." People 'attempt' suicide for a lot of different reasons. But the reason does not seem to be success.

But imagine how many drugs, hormone treatments, and therapy those guys have to go through. That would scramble anyone's brain. Mix all that up with street drugs and alcohol, those people could do anything, including suicide.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2018, 02:58:09 pm »
In modern parlance, it is a female deluded into thinking she is male.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Millee

« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2018, 03:12:35 pm »
This is the #1 reason I can't fathom the parents who encourage this.  You're not enlightened or virtuous.  Be a parent and get your kid some help.   9999hair out0000