Author Topic: The actual number of illegal immigrants appears to be far larger than previously understood  (Read 900 times)

rangerrebew

September 12, 2018
The actual number of illegal immigrants appears to be far larger than previously understood
By Thomas Lifson

The most common number offered by our media for the number of people living here illegally seems to be about 12 million. Factcheck.org, published by the  Annenberg Public Policy Center, purporting to be a neutral and objective source, cites DHS estimates as well as NGOs:

There were 12.1 million immigrants living in the country illegally as of January 2014, according to the most recent estimate from the Department of Homeland Security. The estimates from two independent groups are similar: The Pew Research Center estimates the number at 11.1 million in 2014, and the Center for Migration Studies says there were 11 million people in 2015 living in the U.S. illegally (see Table 1 in the full report).

That would be about 3.5 percent to 3.8 percent of the total U.S. population in 2014.

Read more: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2018/09/the_actual_number_of_illegal_immigrants_appears_to_be_far_larger_than_previously_understood.html#ixzz5QtEkRed3

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
It was "11 million" for at least ten years' running.

Who really believed such nonsense?

MK ULTRA

I'd bet at least half of the public does...and still do.

The number of illegals in the U.S. must be lowballed, otherwise even the half of the public with only two brain cells might become concerned.

Offline RetBobbyMI

It’s not just the numbers.  If people only knew the real intel on WHO is coming across our borders and where they are really from. Just saying!

The public has no idea.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It was "11 million" for at least ten years' running.

I'm betting 20 or 25M, possibly higher.
The Republic is lost.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
It’s not just the numbers.  If people only knew the real intel on WHO is coming across our borders and where they are really from. Just saying!

The public has no idea.

That's what scares me.
The Republic is lost.

Offline RetBobbyMI

That's what scares me.
And it should and a lot more. MS13, although bad in itself, is just a cover story compared to who else is coming across. If you thought 9/11 a-holes where bad ....
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

I'm thinking that would be a VERY safe bet!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

That there is enough illegals to steal an election.   
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion