Author Topic: Federal deficit soars 32 percent to $895B  (Read 10796 times)

Online roamer_1

Re: Federal deficit soars 32 percent to $895B
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2018, 08:39:00 pm »
I sincerely wish he hadn't and has said that he would sign no more like it. I strongly disagree with you about it being entirely his fault.

The buck stops at the top.
Whether because of his inability to forge coalitions with congress, or because he agrees with them, it is all the same.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2018, 08:40:01 pm »
It is. It is all debt. On our grandchildren. And great grandchildren.
That's like saying you believe all spending in your household is all the same, whether for essentials like food vs non-essentials like buying a yacht.

The problems in this country are not ALL spending, but for spending on the non-essentials.

If we controlled the non-essentials, we control our deficit.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2018, 08:48:34 pm »
Its a bit unfair to blame Trump for the deficits increase what with mandated spending increases not of his doing and the prime rate being .75 higher than it was this time last year.

He is chipping away at the budget as well as driving the effort to get back to regular order in the budget process, not to mention growing GDP significantly with tax & regulatory reforms, all of which will have positive effect on the deficit eventually but theres only so much a president can do in two years.

Correct.  I see most people have no knowledge about finances.  Some high priced items were put in by prior presidents. THOSE  bad contracts have to be honored.  Seen through, then not repeated. Makes sad so many people have no financial or budgeting skills. We had many natural disasters, that required funding. I guess they would rather those people die.
Puerto Rico, let truckloads of food, supplies, go bad, then complained. I could go, for NOT helping them. Good money after bad.

Some say, they don't CARE or want to see, what the expenses are. Where, they came from.   That is, HEAD IN SAND.
They do expect magic. lol.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2018, 08:49:20 pm »
That's like saying you believe all spending in your household is all the same, whether for essentials like food vs non-essentials like buying a yacht.

The problems in this country are not ALL spending, but for spending on the non-essentials.

Absolutely right!   And most of the budget problems we currently have are the result of actions taken by Lyndon Baines Johnson and a compliant democrat congress after the Kennedy assisanation.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2018, 08:53:33 pm »
Increasing deficits were bad and harmful under Obama yet they’re OK when they're done under your cult leader.  The hypocrisy never ceases to amaze me.

You need to change your avatar.  Nothing about truth in this post of yours.  "cult leader "? 

Offline Concerned

« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2018, 09:05:53 pm »
You need to change your avatar.  Nothing about truth in this post of yours.  "cult leader "?

Yes, "cult leader".  I've found that Trump has some kind of Svengali-like affect on certain folks. I know some friends and family members who are Trump supporters who absolutely excuse Trump's deficit spending but were quite vocal in speaking out that it was "bad and harmful" when Obama did it.  They excuse Trump's moral "lapses" but were quite vocal against Clinton's.  Some of these folks, when pressed, even admit they're being hypocritical but justify it because they like so many of Trump's other policies.  And that's a fact AND the absolute truth!!

I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2018, 09:07:10 pm »
I found your avatar

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2018, 09:08:25 pm »
Ok, I see your point.

No one promised Rome to be built in a day, and Trump is no different.  My take is he is certainly headed in the correct direction by reducing federal payroll and scaling back immensely government largess authorized by Congress such as Education.  He could certainly do more if a responsible Congress would do its own job in reining in spending.

The deficit is not caused by the govt revenue stream.  That is at a record.

It is caused by spending.  Some long term problems are being addressed such as more Americans at work and off welfare.  Those results will not show up immediately, but with reduced expenditures by corporations on taxes, that money will be returned to the economy and increase its robustness. 

I believe the debt interest is a real problem and nothing he has done has been his responsibility.

Less than 10% of all US debt is over 20 years maturity.  That is absurd for long term debt and right now, inflation is causing all that short term maturity of debt to be higher in interest, much higher than it should be.  As a country, this debt repayment needs to be over a longer period, which will most decidedly be more expensive in interest over the short term but cause a lighter load on the next generation.

I don't see that person's point.  lol. He keeps posting president TRUMP said he would reduce the debt in 8 years.  Then complains at 18 months in.  **nononono*

BTW,,I never heard president TRUMP SAY THAT.  Obama did say, if when half way into his first term, he did not reduce the deficit, he would be a one term president.  We all know the rest of that story.

People are just not in reality with their expectations.  I think, president TRUMP is amazing. There is a list of his accomplishments, but I am not allowed to post them on here. TOO LONG. magapill.com. If people wanted to see some facts, they could google. They don't want to know the good parts, only want to b1tche at president TRUMP, like DEEP STATE wants them to do. That is NOT conservative mind set. RINOS on here, too.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 09:13:59 pm by LegalAmerican »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2018, 09:08:28 pm »

It is. It is all debt until your are out of debt, or at least until your debt is able to be covered by sustained management. Joe-six-pack-trailerhouse with two hundred grand in plastic ain't gonna get better until he begins living within his means. And it will hurt, and it will suck.

It ain't happening. And it ain't about  'controlling deficit' - That's minimum payments on the credit card. It's about cutting up the credit card, and living within your means. to include a reasonable payment against the debt.

Offline edpc

• Professional Misanthrope - Briefer and Boxer
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2018, 09:18:54 pm »
  • They create a drag on the economy by siphoning off investment capital that would otherwise be used to start, grow, and expand businesses.
  • They create a drain on future budgets by adding the expense of bond payoff plus interest.
  • They empower the Democrat Party by providing a means to offer everything without actually having to pay for it.
  • They raise interest rates for consumers who now have to compete with government for loan dollars
  • And with our current policy of monetizing the debt, every American is faced with a new tax (i.e. inflation) that was never passed by Congress, yet steals the value out of every dollar you earn.

That is mumbo jumbo garbage. Interest is almost zero. We are as close to full employment then I can ever remember. Inflation has been going on forever (the Fed actually likes it). The Rats have been offering the moon for generations yet there is a Repub in the WH.

Well, this is head in the sand BS.  Bad policy is bad policy and eventually catches up.  The rampant speculation and wild ride of the stock market was really fun until October 1929.  The sub-prime interest loans increased home ownership, but was a terrible idea for years.  It finally bit us in the ass about a decade ago.
I disagree.  Circle gets the square.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2018, 09:23:34 pm »
Some say, they don't CARE or want to see, what the expenses are. Where, they came from.   That is, HEAD IN SAND.
They do expect magic. lol.

Whatever you wish to blame, something has to be subtracted from the coming budgets, or the debt will continue to spiral.  We'll need defense cuts, entitlement reform, tax hikes, or a combination thereof.  Nondefense discretionary spending is around $610 billion.  Some of that can be eliminated with different leadership.  It certainly won't happen (to any meaningful extent) with Trump in the white house.  Last I checked, he plans to bloat infrastructure spending after the midterms.

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2018, 09:34:38 pm »
Yes, "cult leader".  I've found that Trump has some kind of Svengali-like affect on certain folks. I know some friends and family members who are Trump supporters who absolutely excuse Trump's deficit spending but were quite vocal in speaking out that it was "bad and harmful" when Obama did it.  They excuse Trump's moral "lapses" but were quite vocal against Clinton's.  Some of these folks, when pressed, even admit they're being hypocritical but justify it because they like so many of Trump's other policies.  And that's a fact AND the absolute truth!!

So PATRIOTS   :patriot:  who are happy, we finally have a president FOR AMERICA & takes NO PAY, are called cultist?  lol

I have found that many MEN are jealous of TRUMP,  so they have to bash him & his accomplishments.  Women bash him, because they could not compete & win his heart, because they are "dogs".  Moral lapses, FROM BEFORE he was president? 

Nothing done, while in the Oval Office. You don't get the difference? I didn't vote for priest, pastor, rabbi or pope.  Why is his private life, before presidency ANY of your concern? He was never a politician. He is not doing anything as president. Lets look at, your past from, 5, 10, 20 years ago.  :rolling: 

That is what I  find hypocritical about people who want to beat some "moral DRUM."  GOOD JOB,,getting right on the DEEP STATE..band.  Banging your drum.

Thank your family & friends for being smart & supporting president TRUMP....LIKE PATRIOTS. SAVING OUR COUNTRY.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

LET ME KNOW, WHEN YOU FIND THAT PERFECT PERSON...WHICH DOES NOT EXIST...like you...me. 
I wanted to be a nun as child, & was really pure. I still have very good standards, but when I look back, years ago, I would be cited for "moral lapse ". Time for reality & stop beating up on a normal hetero male.
What must you think of all the prior presidents?  lol. All were saints...right?  Even Eisenhower, was said to have a mistress, while married to Mame. Summersby.  Get off that high horse..it will not ride. KENNEDY'S, CLINTONS, OBAMA, who was a gay, male wh0re for rich white men, to get his cocaine. Mia Pope & Dr. Manning.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2018, 09:37:22 pm »
Yet one or more posters on this board believe ALL spending by government is essentially the same.

So as we continue to rack up more debt and print more money, currency devaluation will somehow be able to differentiate between “good spending” and “bad spending?”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2018, 09:40:36 pm »
So PATRIOTS   :patriot:  who are happy, we finally have a president FOR AMERICA & takes NO PAY, are called cultist?  lol

I have found that many MEN are jealous of TRUMP,  so they have to bash him & his accomplishments.  Women bash him, because they could not compete & win his heart, because they are "dogs".  Moral lapses, FROM BEFORE he was president? 

Nothing done, while in the Oval Office. You don't get the difference? I didn't vote for priest, pastor, rabbi or pope.  Why is his private life, before presidency ANY of your concern? He was never a politician. He is not doing anything as president. Lets look at, your past from, 5, 10, 20 years ago.  :rolling: 

That is what I  find hypocritical about people who want to beat some "moral DRUM."  GOOD JOB,,getting right on the DEEP STATE..band.  Banging your drum.

Thank your family & friends for being smart & supporting president TRUMP....LIKE PATRIOTS. SAVING OUR COUNTRY.  :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

LET ME KNOW, WHEN YOU FIND THAT PERFECT PERSON...WHICH DOES NOT EXIST...like you...me. 
I wanted to be a nun as child, & was really pure. I still have very good standards, but when I look back, years ago, I would be cited for "moral lapse ". Time for reality & stop beating up on a normal hetero male.
What must you think of all the prior presidents?  lol. All were saints...right?  Even Eisenhower, was said to have a mistress, while married to Mame. Summersby.  Get off that high horse..it will not ride. KENNEDY'S, CLINTONS, OBAMA, who was a gay, male wh0re for rich white men, to get his cocaine. Mia Pope & Dr. Manning.

President Trump needs to be held accountable just like every other president.   Yes, it is certainly true that there is a lot of the deficit and debt that Trump can’t do anything about and it takes an act of Congress to fix.  But like others have repeatedly said, he claimed that he would bring down the debt in eight years. Yet he is signing every spending bill that comes across his desk.

The harsh reality is, this is all going to have to be paid for someday. It seems too many of his supporters want to give him credit for anything good but don’t hold him accountable for things that are not so good. Somehow he gets 100% credit for a fairly decent economy but yet none of the blame for rising debt and deficit.

@Jazzhead  once posted that he believes this issue is the biggest issue facing this country even more so than social issues and I agree with him 100%
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:11:18 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Concerned

« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2018, 09:49:01 pm »

I'm not sure why you feel the need (or even the right) to tell people what avatars they can have or demand that "get off" their "high horse".  I've found this to be an open forum welcoming of folks with differing opinions and even encouraging those differing opinions.  Most people can do it without name calling, person attacks, and demands.  Others, of course, are unable to carry on a reasonable discussion without those things.  I tend to avoid the later.

I'm not sure whether you are implying that I'm jeolous of Trump or not, but I can assure you I am not.  He has many traits that I find completely and utterly reprehensible and disgraceful.  Look, there’s no question that the President has kept some of his promises (e.g., ISIS, deregulation, tax cuts, etc.), and I've praised him on policies that I agree with, but it seems as though many Trump supporters, that I know, have trouble recognizing that he hasn’t kept others (e.g., “lock her up”, repealing and replacing ObamaCare, Mexico paying for the wall, putting us on a path of eliminating debt within 8 years, proposing a Constitutional Amendment on term limits within the first 100 days, etc.). 

I had a Trump supporter friend tell me just last week that Trump has kept every major campaign promise he ever made.  I asked him about signature promises such as “lock her up” and Mexico paying for the wall, and I got silence in return.  It’s almost as though these Trump supporters refuse to see the entire picture with this President – they only want to see the positives and they want to completely ignore any negatives and any broken promises.  This is the type of behavior I expected from those who considered Obama, "The Messiah", but I never thought so many on the Right would treat their guy the same exact way.  That's the point I'm trying to make about "cult leader".  If you can't understand that, I can't say it in a way to get you to understand the point I'm trying to make.  My apologies for not being able to communicate more effectively 

Have a good night.   :seeya:
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2018, 09:58:24 pm »

Imbecile trolls posting insulting garbage upon the membership here at TBR, are the kinda drums I love to beat.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #91 on: September 12, 2018, 10:08:39 pm »
Whatever you wish to blame, something has to be subtracted from the coming budgets, or the debt will continue to spiral.  We'll need defense cuts, entitlement reform, tax hikes, or a combination thereof.  Nondefense discretionary spending is around $610 billion.  Some of that can be eliminated with different leadership.  It certainly won't happen (to any meaningful extent) with Trump in the white house.  Last I checked, he plans to bloat infrastructure spending after the midterms.

Some "expenses' items, are subtracted from the budget. Redundant fed jobs, waste in Gov.  8 YEARS with Obama we NEVER had a budget. Harry Reid, let it all ride. Some never understand it is on CONGRESS.

NO DEFENSE CUTS! That is suicide for our country & Obama did that. Sequester. We were down to 1915 standards in the military. What entitlement reform? List it.What do you want done?  CLINTON took our PAID IN social security, matched by employer, made it part of the  general budget, bingo surplus.Then spent.  Congress left people, who said into S.S. for 40 years, an I.O.U. That has to be returned. Not on president Trump. Entitled medicare=welfare?

Congress is what needs to be changed, not my president! Did you run for president, so you, can do all the things you said? do you realize there are other people in this country that will block those goals?  Same thing, DEMOCRATS, RINOS are doing to President TRUMP.  RINO, traitor McCain who voted "no" on obamcare repeal, after running on that, was the ONE vote, that cost us one trillion dollars.  That was the no vote by McCain...no name. Screwed over the American people.
You don't think that will go on, with anything you laid out, as a plan?  So easy to talk.  Do you have an addiction?  JUST STOP.
DO YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT?. Stop eating. So easy. Are you an alcoholic? Just stop drinking. 
If it all was, only, on president TRUMP, more could be done, but he has to work with...CONGRESS.  He wants something, democrats put in what THEY want. Constant negotiations.

Do you want president TRUMP to be a dictator?  I would like that, but we are a republic, not democracy, either.   

BTW, My president does not smoke, drink any alcohol, nor does illegal drugs!  Very pure.   888high58888

Offline LMAO

« Reply #92 on: September 12, 2018, 10:14:25 pm »
Some "expenses' items, are subtracted from the budget. Redundant fed jobs, waste in Gov.  8 YEARS with Obama we NEVER had a budget. Harry Reid, let it all ride. Some never understand it is on CONGRESS.

NO DEFENSE CUTS! That is suicide for our country & Obama did that. Sequester. We were down to 1915 standards in the military. What entitlement reform? List it.What do you want done?  CLINTON took our PAID IN social security, matched by employer, made it part of the  general budget, bingo surplus.Then spent.  Congress left people, who said into S.S. for 40 years, an I.O.U. That has to be returned. Not on president Trump. Entitled medicare=welfare?

Congress is what needs to be changed, not my president! Did you run for president, so you, can do all the things you said? do you realize there are other people in this country that will block those goals?  Same thing, DEMOCRATS, RINOS are doing to President TRUMP.  RINO, traitor McCain who voted "no" on obamcare repeal, after running on that, was the ONE vote, that cost us one trillion dollars.  That was the no vote by McCain...no name. Screwed over the American people.
You don't think that will go on, with anything you laid out, as a plan?  So easy to talk.  Do you have an addiction?  JUST STOP.
DO YOU WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT?. Stop eating. So easy. Are you an alcoholic? Just stop drinking. 
If it all was, only, on president TRUMP, more could be done, but he has to work with...CONGRESS.  He wants something, democrats put in what THEY want. Constant negotiations.

Do you want president TRUMP to be a dictator?  I would like that, but we are a republic, not democracy, either.   

BTW, My president does not smoke, drink any alcohol, nor does illegal drugs!  Very pure.   888high58888

Your post  is Exhibit A why we will never see cuts until they are forced and more painful.

The reluctance of some to hold Trump accountable at all is mind-boggling. We’re not talking about blaming him for everything that’s bad. But with leadership comes accountability.  If some of us on the right are holding him accountable on this issue, imagine with the left is going to do.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:17:10 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

« Reply #93 on: September 12, 2018, 10:14:57 pm »
Do you want president TRUMP to be a dictator?  I would like that...

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #94 on: September 12, 2018, 10:15:25 pm »

So as we continue to rack up more debt and print more money, currency devaluation will somehow be able to differentiate between “good spending” and “bad spending?”

Everything you posted is wrong.  18 months in.  I just have to shake my head & people really think they are making some point?  Yes, there is good spending like our military.  maga.com

It takes a while to clean house & re-set priority's. I am thankful I have a president TRUMP, who takes no pay for this ungrateful job, & for people who get right on the DEEP STATE band wagon, is despicable to me.  Talk to me in 4 years, before bad mouthing my president. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #95 on: September 12, 2018, 10:17:12 pm »
Do you want president TRUMP to be a dictator?  I would like that

Of course you would. You have already told us this week that we should all be 'Kissing the ground Trump walks on".

Your fellow Trumpian cultists have already opined long ago that they thought Trump needed to act as Dictator to undo all that Obama had done and to circumvent Congress.

It is why we see you people as no different and just as dangerous to liberty and Constitutional governance as we do the Marxist Democrats.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:17:45 pm by INVAR »
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LMAO

« Reply #96 on: September 12, 2018, 10:18:34 pm »

Everything you posted is wrong.  18 months in.  I just have to shake my head & people really think they are making some point?  Yes, there is good spending like our military.  maga.com

It takes a while to clean house & re-set priority's. I am thankful I have a president TRUMP, who takes no pay for this ungrateful job, & for people who get right on the DEEP STATE band wagon, is despicable to me.  Talk to me in 4 years, before bad mouthing my president.

So what you’re saying is as long as we continue to print and borrow for things that you support, It’ll all turn out good? No consequences whatsoever?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 10:29:45 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LegalAmerican

« Reply #97 on: September 12, 2018, 10:23:36 pm »
I’m not trying to explain that he’s responsible for interest on past debt, but as the current President he’s responsible for doing something about the current debt especially since he promised that he could.  I think it’s common knowledge that a big part of the debt is due to entitlements and interest.  Our interest obligations will likely get worse as interest rates rise.  This is precisely why I believe we need entitlement reform and why we need to attack the debt and deficit NOW while Republicans control both the Congress and the Presidency, but unfortunately, we’re adding to it under this supposed "conservative" President.

Look, I’m not the one who said I could eliminate the debt within 8 years.  I thought it was just more gibberish from this guy, but he’s the one who set that expectation just as he set the expectation that he was going to “lock her up” that Mexico was going to pay for the wall that he was going to propose a Constitutional Amendment for term limits, that North Korea “is no longer a nuclear threat” that “The GDP Rate (4.2%) is higher than the Unemployment Rate (3.9%) for the first time in over 100 years!"  This guy has done some great things (especially economically), but unfortunately, he insists on stepping on his own message with broken promises (like this one on the debt), and by lies, falsehoods, and exaggerations (like his recent tweet about 100 years)…………..all unnecessarily IMO. 

Trump supporters seem to love to talk about how he keeps his promises and how conservative he is.  My point is that he hasn’t kept a bunch of promises and by adding trillions to the debt as he’s doing, he’s certainly not fiscally conservative.  I think he and the Republican Congress are blowing a huge opportunity to do something about our debt.  That’s my point and that's what's whacky to me (especially since he promised he could).

What are you missing?  President TRUMP, has ALWAYS SAID..implementing his polices with CONGRESS HELP & working within the constitution.  He is not a dictator, as some of you like to post.  He has kept all of his promises.  If you want things improved,  VOTE REPUBLICAN down the line in NOV. so all the DEMOCRATS & rinos, who are currently blocking his agenda, can be removed.  Don't complain about my president...give him the congress he needs.  Why is that so hard to understand?  ONE man, then congress working against him.   *****rollingeyes*****

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #98 on: September 12, 2018, 10:24:27 pm »

« Reply #99 on: September 12, 2018, 10:29:41 pm »
Helluva note, that is.
Wow.
IKR?  What can be a worthy response?  I hope it's quick when you are rounded up because your fat mouth couldn't cash a change of opinion?  Fascism's just another word for nothing left to lose?