Author Topic: Federal deficit soars 32 percent to $895B  (Read 10734 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: Federal deficit soars 32 percent to $895B
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2018, 12:13:49 am »
Lol....

It never changes. Just the party labels. The same arguments that some are making here to defend the deficits under a GOP Congress and president are the exact same arguments I heard from BHO supporters

I also heard the "good" spending verses "Bad" spending arguments from them. And that is why Congress is not only reluctant to make real cuts but actually keep up the unsustainable spending
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 12:15:10 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2018, 12:14:01 am »
   My sole implication @InHeavenThereIsNoBeer was that Trump makes as ridiculous statements, at times, than @LegalAmerican  does.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2018, 12:56:23 am »
Lol....

It never changes. Just the party labels. The same arguments that some are making here to defend the deficits under a GOP Congress and president are the exact same arguments I heard from BHO supporters

AND exactly the same arguments as from Dubya's defenders... SOSDD ... Kick the can.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2018, 02:43:39 am »
Nonsensical is it?

Can you just walk into a store and buy whatever you think you want/need with credit cards that are a hundred times over their limit?

It doesn't matter if what you want to buy are necessities and "good" or frivolous trinkets "Bad" when you are broke and your credit is over it's limit and you have no ability to pay it back.

Clear it up any for you?  Or do you get your money from a tree that grows in your yard?

Trump will print the new money. 
Lots of it.
America!!!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2018, 01:11:39 pm »
AND exactly the same arguments as from Dubya's defenders... SOSDD ... Kick the can.

I have relatives that voted for Barack Obama and excused the trillion dollar deficit under Pelosi, Reid, and Obama Because Obama was” going to spend the money on the American people and not in wars and his cronies like Bush did”

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2018, 06:19:31 pm »
I have relatives that voted for Barack Obama and excused the trillion dollar deficit under Pelosi, Reid, and Obama Because Obama was” going to spend the money on the American people and not in wars and his cronies like Bush did”

And the same with Bush's defenders. He printed more money than all the dollars ever printed to that date - What more do you need to know? That so damnnably eclipses anything and everything else he did... But his defenders won't even look at it.

I don't get how folks get that way... That they can't see.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2018, 06:31:42 pm »
And the same with Bush's defenders. He printed more money than all the dollars ever printed to that date - What more do you need to know? That so damnnably eclipses anything and everything else he did... But his defenders won't even look at it.

People will always gravitate towards demanding a king and as long as he is their king, they will defend him no matter what.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2018, 06:46:14 pm »
People will always gravitate towards demanding a king and as long as he is their king, they will defend him no matter what.

I have said it before... They are under some sort of glamour.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #158 on: September 14, 2018, 06:51:57 pm »
I have said it before... They are under some sort of glamour.

"And with all deceit of unrighteousness in them that will perish; because they accepted not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe the lie: That they all might be condemned who rejected the truth, and had pleasure in unrighteousness." - 2 Thessalonians 2:10-12
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline LMAO

« Reply #159 on: September 14, 2018, 07:05:35 pm »

Fortunately, there are plenty of posters here who are not letting Trump or the GOP slide on this. And although some posters got a little defensive, I am not holding Donald Trump or the GOP Congress to an impossibly high standard that I would not hold any Democrat president or Congress to.

Barry Goldwater

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: September 14, 2018, 08:01:36 pm »

Fortunately, there are plenty of posters here who are not letting Trump or the GOP slide on this. And although some posters got a little defensive, I am not holding Donald Trump or the GOP Congress to an impossibly high standard that I would not hold any Democrat president or Congress to.

And neither am I. Good for the goose, and all that...
I would prefer a Conservative standard... But any standard at all would be a place to start.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2018, 08:02:29 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #161 on: September 16, 2018, 01:30:05 pm »

"Honey, guess what... Our finances are so good, I had to take out another loan!"
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn