Author Topic: Wall Street Journal: Trump to impose tariffs on $200B in Chinese goods  (Read 757 times)

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/15/politics/trump-tariffs-china-trade-war/index.html

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump is planning to impose a fresh round of tariffs targeting about $200 billion in Chinese goods, The Wall Street Journal reported Saturday, citing individuals familiar with the matter.

The timing of the announcement is fluid, two people familiar with the plans told CNN on Saturday.

According to the Journal, the tariffs are expected to be set at around 10%, according to people familiar with the matter, a lower level than the possibility of 25% tariffs previously floated by the administration.

President unindicted co-conspirator is raising my taxes again.
More at link

Offline DB

Re: Wall Street Journal: Trump to impose tariffs on $200B in Chinese goods
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2018, 05:51:01 am »
That's the nature of trade wars. They swirl around gaining momentum unless someone blinks.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 06:48:38 am »
That's the nature of trade wars. They swirl around gaining momentum unless someone blinks.

Well, we know China has taken advantage of the U.S. in the past trade-wise and I think Trump is trying to correct the imbalance.

It will be a while before we know how it works out.

But he's not trying to raise anyone's taxes ... it may hurt some people in their attempts to purchase Chinese stuff but I don't know about that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2018, 07:21:09 am »
Well, we know China has taken advantage of the U.S. in the past trade-wise and I think Trump is trying to correct the imbalance.

It will be a while before we know how it works out.

But he's not trying to raise anyone's taxes ... it may hurt some people in their attempts to purchase Chinese stuff but I don't know about that.
tar·iff
ˈterəf/
noun
noun: tariff; plural noun: tariffs

1.    a tax or duty to be paid on a particular class of imports or exports.

Take it up with the dictionary.