Author Topic: Puerto Rican mayor, two other gov officials arrested on corruption charges  (Read 467 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico — A mayor and two former government officials in Puerto Rico face public corruption charges in separate cases that involve a total of $8 million in federal and local funds, authorities said Thursday.

The suspects are the mayor of the southwest town of Sabana Grande and the former directors of finance for the northern town of Toa Baja, which has struggled to pay its employees amid an 11-year recession.

U.S. Attorney Rosa Emilia Rodriguez told reporters that the former officials from Toa Baja are accused of using nearly $5 million worth of federal funds to pay the town's public employees and municipal contractors.

"Not only is that illegal, it's immoral," she said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/ny-news-puerto-rico-mayor-arrested-corruption-20180707-story.html
The Republic is lost.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Puerto Rican mayor, two other gov officials arrested on corruption charges
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2018, 02:11:52 am »
Trumps fault!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Puerto Rican mayor, two other gov officials arrested on corruption charges
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2018, 02:21:24 am »
Tip of the iceberg.  If I was Carmen Yulín Cruz I'd be watching my ass.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.