Author Topic: California is set to go carbon-free by 2045  (Read 1707 times)

rangerrebew

California is set to go carbon-free by 2045
« on: September 11, 2018, 01:18:21 pm »
California is set to go carbon-free by 2045

A new bill has been fast-tracked in the midst of a climate change-fueled wildfire season.
By Jennifer Lu Yesterday at 2:32pm

Solar energy is a big part of California's plan to go 100 percent renewable.

California—which, if it were an independent country, would have the world's fifth largest economy—is joinning Hawaii in going carbon-free by 2045 thanks to a landmark bill to ditch electricity from fossil fuels for renewable energy. On Monday, Governor Jerry Brown made this quest an official mandate by signing SB 100 into law.

“California is committed to doing whatever is necessary to meet the existential threat of climate change,” Brown said.

The push to fast-track the state's clean energy trajectory coincides with real-world climate change concerns. California is experiencing longer and deadlier wildfire seasons exacerbated by climate change even as the Trump administration rolls back federal programs for reducing greenhouse gas emissions from coal-fired power plants, cars, and trucks that contribute to global warming.

https://www.popsci.com/california-100-percent-renewable

Offline doghouse

Re: California is set to go carbon-free by 2045
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 03:15:28 am »
For those of us who live high in the mountains and use wood burning stoves as our only heat source in the snowy winters this will never work. 

San Francisco to LA need to be a state of their own so the rest of us can have political representation in the other state.  As it is right now we have zero political representation in this state.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2018, 03:17:39 am »
If it's so damn important why don't these drooling meat bags in Cali do this in 2 years instead of 30?

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2018, 03:17:39 am »

Envirowhacko California is in for a surprise.  I hope the rest of the country holds them to this silly promise.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2018, 03:18:32 am »
If it's so damn important why don't these drooling meat bags in Cali do this in 2 years instead of 30?

lol...most will be dead, and won't be blamed.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2018, 11:39:36 pm »
Well Frank, I agree with you.......to a point. The "drooling meat bags" in the democrat party that are forcing their Gaia worshiping stupidity on the rest of us should have to live,under the rules they want to push on the residents of California, for two years without any government or private assistance. So no gas powered cars, oil based or natural, electric cars may only be charged by verified solar or wind generated electricity nothing from the grid, that goes for their appliances too! Oh no food from a source that doesn't meet their carbon free standards, goes for clothes too! I wonder if they have a well to hand crank their water up from, hmmm, I guess they will have to have a septic tank system.

Of course we all know that somehow the elitist will always have a way ti insulate themselves from the insanity they legislate.