Author Topic: The Upcoming Gosnell Film and the Ongoing Hollywood Blacklist of Everything Not Progressive  (Read 702 times)

Offline endicom

Legal Insurrection
Christian Toto
Sept. 10, 2018

Nick Searcy shared some shocking news in his latest op-ed for National Review.

The actor turned director helmed “Gosnell,” the true story behind late-term abortionist Dr. Kermit Gosnell’s house of horrors. Dr. Gosnell is currently in jail following a 2014 conviction on three counts of first-degree murder.

The movie, out Oct. 12, tells why — a story that’s both mesmerizing and frightening.

That’s the kind of material that usually attracts reporters from the Hollywood and news realms. Both parties essentially stood down on the matter, so Searcy and a crowdfunding campaign led by Phelim McAleer and Ann McElhinney came to the rescue.

That’s partly why the “Justified” star tackled the project, he says.

More... https://legalinsurrection.com/2018/09/the-upcoming-gosnell-film-and-the-ongoing-hollywood-blacklist-of-everything-not-progressive/

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
“But many people, some of them good friends of mine, declined to work on this film, not because of its quality but because of the fear of reprisal or even ostracism by the groupthink herd in Hollywood. More than once, I was asked questions like “Are you crazy?” or “Are you sure you want to do this?”, wrote Searcy.

Why am I not the least bit surprised?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien