Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>Hurricane Florence strengthens to Category 4, barrels toward East Coast  (Read 27217 times)

Offline corbe

That's the one I've been looking/waiting for, it is hilarious @Right_in_Virginia
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That's the one I've been looking/waiting for, it is hilarious @Right_in_Virginia

Agree ... it is laugh out loud funny.  "Are they holy men walking ON the water?"   :silly:

Offline Applewood

Death toll now up to 6.  Florence is now a tropical storm.  But make no mistake -- the flooding is severe.  This is not just a drizzle.

Now they are measuring rainfall in FEET, not inches.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 10:54:33 am by Applewood »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
The Weather Channel's given this fool from a few years ago a run for her money.   

Not just the national news outlets are guilty of this.   Back during Rita coverage in '05 one of our  local TV beat reporter and his camera man were pulling a "Cantore" acting like he was about to be blown down.  Perfectly timed, a guy walks right behind him walking about a 10 pound dog.  What made it a hoot is the guy bust out laughing right during the event.

Sadly, I bet the station lost this footage and secondly, you didn't see this same fool out in 120 mph winds 8 hours later.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Rescue website, born of Harvey, now brings help for Florence

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Rescue-website-born-of-Harvey-now-brings-help-13231214.php

The emergency management agency for New Bern, N.C., was skeptical when Matthew Marchetti initially called to explain how his crowdsource technology could help rescue people during Hurricane Florence.

Then Marchetti said he was from Houston.

“Oh, oh, so you know the drill,” was the response from North Carolina.

Marchetti’s website, https://crowdsourcerescue.com/, is now in use in North Carolina as Florence’s powerful storm surge and torrential rains create widespread flooding, matching rescuers to people seeking rescue. The site, refined since Harvey, still relies on two simple buttons: “I can help rescue” and “I need to be rescued.” But it has had a profound impact. During Hurricane Harvey, the site helped connect some 30,000 people needing rescue to 12,000 volunteers with boats, trucks and airboats.

“We went through hell with Harvey. But it was battle-testing,” Marchetti said. “It was battle-testing for moments like these, I think, with larger purpose.”

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/15/us-coast-guard-member-removed-after-making-offensive-ok-sign-on-live-tv.html

The U.S. Coast Guard says it “removed” a member from its Hurricane Florence response team Friday after he made an “OK” hand gesture on live TV that the service branch deemed “offensive.”

The unidentified team member was caught looking into the camera and then swiftly making the hand gesture, prompting a backlash on social media.

The hand signal was seen in the background of MSNBC’s live interview with Sector Charleston Commanding Officer Capt. John Reed, who was providing an update on actions taken by the Coast Guard in response to Hurricane Florence.

video and more at link

Offline endicom

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/business/article/Rescue-website-born-of-Harvey-now-brings-help-13231214.php

The emergency management agency for New Bern, N.C., was skeptical when Matthew Marchetti initially called to explain how his crowdsource technology could help rescue people during Hurricane Florence.

Marchetti’s website, https://crowdsourcerescue.com/, is now in use in North Carolina as Florence’s powerful storm surge and torrential rains create widespread flooding, matching rescuers to people seeking rescue. The site, refined since Harvey, still relies on two simple buttons: “I can help rescue” and “I need to be rescued.” But it has had a profound impact. During Hurricane Harvey, the site helped connect some 30,000 people needing rescue to 12,000 volunteers with boats, trucks and airboats.

“We went through hell with Harvey. But it was battle-testing,” Marchetti said. “It was battle-testing for moments like these, I think, with larger purpose.”

Grassroots. I like it.

Probably deserves its own thread.

Earlier story: http://www.pointsoflight.org/programs/recognition/dpol/awards/6126
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 01:26:10 pm by endicom »

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
See the source image

That Coast Guard article reminded me of this pic of Hussein at an Intel brief.
Subtle as train wreck indeed.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

That Coast Guard article reminded me of this pic of Hussein at an Intel brief.
Subtle as train wreck indeed.
It's okay when he flashes "offensive" hand signals, dontcha know.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/09/15/us-coast-guard-member-removed-after-making-offensive-ok-sign-on-live-tv.html

The U.S. Coast Guard says it “removed” a member from its Hurricane Florence response team Friday after he made an “OK” hand gesture on live TV that the service branch deemed “offensive.”
video and more at link

I've been extremely skeptical of this "OK = White Power" hand sign thing, but that is exactly what this fellow was signaling.  Watch the video at the link, it'll open eyes.  I was prepared to guffaw at the notion until I saw it.  Thanks for the heads-up, @Once-Ler.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2018, 02:16:32 pm by Cyber Liberty »
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

I've been extremely skeptical of this "OK = White Power" hand sign thing, but that is exactly what this fellow was signaling.  Watch the video at the link, it'll open eyes.  I was prepared to guffaw at the notion until I saw it.  Thanks for the heads-up, @Once-Ler.
The article by Fox does a decent job explaining the gesture.  The guy clearly did it intentionally but we don't know why.  I'm just reporting the news.  The US Coast Guard made the decision to remove him from a position in which he might further embarrass the hurricane response team.  If Florence winds up killing lots of poor people, stuff like this gives conspiracy kooks ammo to say "Bush Trump doesn't care about black people."

! No longer available

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor

Grassroots. I like it.

Probably deserves its own thread.

Earlier story: http://www.pointsoflight.org/programs/recognition/dpol/awards/6126

Great article. Thanks!

Offline thackney

https://twitter.com/WRALCandace/status/1040950751911206912

I remember that type of thing being common for us after Hurricane Ike.  An amazing distance from the water sometimes.
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline thackney

@Elderberry

Thanks for sharing.  It is fantastic how so many people search for ways to help.

Offline thackney

UPDATE: 8 Florence-related deaths reported as tropical storm tears through Carolinas
https://www.ajc.com/weather/tropical-storm-florence-crawls-through-mph-least-dead/Y5ety82CsooqbvoMsFoD8H/

...A few cities in North Carolina have reported over 23 inches of rain, and Swansboro, N.C. has seen a monstrous 30 inches of rain as of noon Saturday, Channel 2 Action News meteorologist Katie Walls said in a tweet....

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member

I love this.  We haven't all been snowflaked and bureaucratized. 

Offline musiclady

Reporter from the Weather Channel braces against the wind as two guys casually stroll behind him: 

https://twitter.com/gourdnibler/status/1040678572262916096

Wow, that's funny!

Still laughing here!  :silly:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Wow, that's funny!

Still laughing here!  :silly:

That one's all over the Bookface.  Mike Rowe did a nice little write-up on it.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

@WilmingtonPD
NEWS ALERT - We are aware of the looting occurring at the Family Dollar Store at 13th & Greenfield Sts, unfortunately management has asked not to intervene at this time.
3:27 PM · Sep 15, 2018
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Death toll now up to 6.  Florence is now a tropical storm.  But make no mistake -- the flooding is severe.  This is not just a drizzle.

Now they are measuring rainfall in FEET, not inches.

I hope all who live in States affected by this are ok
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline berdie

@WilmingtonPD
NEWS ALERT - We are aware of the looting occurring at the Family Dollar Store at 13th & Greenfield Sts, unfortunately management has asked not to intervene at this time.
3:27 PM · Sep 15, 2018

That's pretty commendable by Family Dollar, imo. They don't want more chaos. And maybe they think people are in need of their stuff.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2018, 02:10:47 am by berdie »

Offline corbe

I would suspect that the entire inventory is worth less than $10k, Insurance will cover.  Better than the PR battle if people get killed there looting, regardless of whether they needed killin or not.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Applewood