Author Topic: LIVE THREAD>>Hurricane Florence strengthens to Category 4, barrels toward East Coast  (Read 27175 times)

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Think back to the days before weather satellites.

People going about their everyday business and all of a sudden the wind picks up.....

Today, we get weeks advance notice.  People could empty the entire contents of their house in a truck and haul ass.

At the very least, the opportunity to prepare.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline thackney

People going about their everyday business and all of a sudden the wind picks up.....

Today, we get weeks advance notice.  People could empty the entire contents of their house in a truck and haul ass.

I recommend reading:
Isaac's Storm
A Man, a Time, and the Deadliest Hurricane in History
By ERIK LARSON

https://archive.nytimes.com/www.nytimes.com/books/first/l/larson-storm.html

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/239186.Isaac_s_Storm

September 8, 1900

...For days, however, Isaac had been receiving cables from the Weather Bureau's Central Office in Washington describing a storm apparently of tropical origin that had drenched Cuba. Although Isaac did not know it, there was confusion about the storm's true course, debate as to its character. The bureau's men in Cuba said the storm was nothing to worry about; Cuba's own weather observers, who had pioneered hurricane detection, disagreed. Conflict between both groups had grown increasingly intense, an effect of the unending campaign of Willis Moore, chief of the U.S. Weather Bureau, to exert ever more centralized control over forecasting and the issuance of storm warnings. The bureau had long banned the use of the word tornado because it induced panic, and panic brought criticism, something the bureau could ill afford. Earlier that week, Moore had sent Galveston a telegram asserting yet again that only headquarters could issue storm warnings....
Life is fragile, handle with prayer

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Unlike Hurricane's the Progressives are very predictable and there's already an Op-Ed in the WaPo saying the Hurricane is trumps fault.

Get ready for the hurricane being so massive because we pulled out of the Paris Accords...and then what will be really disgusting...get ready for the Libs to start saying that Trump treated the hurricane victims on the East Coast differently than he did the victims in Puerto Rico because he's "racist"!

*****rollingeyes*****

They are already reporting Trump took $100M from FEMA and gave it to ICE.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline mountaineer

I have friends living on the outskirts of Wilmington, NC. Praying that, somehow, it isn't as bad as predicted.  :0001:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Applewood

I have friends living on the outskirts of Wilmington, NC. Praying that, somehow, it isn't as bad as predicted.  :0001:

I'll add my prayers to yours.  Prayers for all in the path.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Me too! But if it isn't as bad as they are saying after all the relentless hyperbolic hype, no one will ever believe the weather forecasts again. I'm not at all saying that they are wrong this time. I'm only pointing out that they have done this before, for nothing more than ratings. I'll bet the Weather Channel is killing CNN this week.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Man the TV weather whores are really pushing the "People are gonna Die" line.   

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Up to 40 Inches of Rain From Florence to Trigger Catastrophic Flooding
Weather.com
By Jonathan Erdman
SEPTEMBER 12, 2018

At a Glance
  • As with most hurricanes, Florence will have major impact inland.
  • Florence's rain may lead to potentially catastrophic flooding.
  • Coastal flooding from persistent onshore winds may aggravate inland flooding.
  • This is due to Florence's forecast slow movement for several days.
  • Some parts of the East had a record-wet summer.
  • Some major Carolinas inland floods from storms include Matthew in 2016 and Floyd in 1999.
  • Some state records for tropical cyclone rainfall may be threatened.
https://weather.com/safety/hurricane/news/2018-09-07-hurricane-florence-inland-flood-risk
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

Man the TV weather whores are really pushing the "People are gonna Die" line.   
Yeah, perhaps we all should take a breath. There have been hurricanes since the beginning of time, after all.  I still hope it isn't devastating, but you're right - the worst Chicken Littles anywhere are TV weather forecasters.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Yeah, perhaps we all should take a breath. There have been hurricanes since the beginning of time, after all.  I still hope it isn't devastating, but you're right - the worst Chicken Littles anywhere are TV weather forecasters.

If a weather forecaster predicts gloom and doom, and it turns out to be really bad, that forecaster made a name for himself.  If it's not, then it's a wash for him/her.  Best for the weather person's career to err on the side of doom.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
If a weather forecaster predicts gloom and doom, and it turns out to be really bad, that forecaster made a name for himself.  If it's not, then it's a wash for him/her.  Best for the weather person's career to err on the side of doom.

Next to election pollsters they are the only people who get promoted for failure.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline cato potatoe

They'll be fine if they don't drive through a flood or decide to take up surfing.  They should stock a few days' worth of nonperishable food and liquids.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Meanwhile the "newsman" run on slickers and rubber boots continues to rage.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

This is an amazing time to be alive my friend.  The satellite images are incredible.  Prayers to the east coast.   

Online DCPatriot

This is an amazing time to be alive my friend.  The satellite images are incredible.  Prayers to the east coast.

:beer:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Meanwhile the "newsman" run on slickers and rubber boots continues to rage.

And hand-held anemometers.

I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Are you on high ground, Bro?
I will NOT comply.

Online DCPatriot

Are you on high ground, Bro?

Yeah...we're good here.   

Prayers for all in the Carolinas   

Offline mrclose

I don't know if the cam platform is lit at night, (I just discovered the camera) but the sound of the wind is deafening!
(Nice daytime view)
Wonder if it will ride out the storm?

Below are two photos.
One of the platforms location, in relation to the N.C. coast.
The other is the platform where the camera is mounted.

This ocean cam is affixed to the Frying Pan Tower, 34 miles off the coast of Cape Fear, North Carolina. The tower was built in the 1960s to warn ships of the shallow waters nearby.

Though GPS navigation technology means this tower is no longer used for its original purpose, it's an important ecosystem for marine wildlife (check out the underwater shark cam to see what we mean) and provides a beautiful view of the sun rising and setting over the Atlantic Ocean.

! No longer available

"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I don't know if the cam platform is lit at night, (I just discovered the camera) but the sound of the wind is deafening!
(Nice daytime view)
Wonder if it will ride out the storm?

Can you give us your link for the cam?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 11:57:49 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Frank Cannon

Can you give us your link for the cam?

You know you can buy a piece of that as a time share for vacation. 8 bed and 3 baths.

Offline mrclose

~ Self

Offline mrclose

@Cyber Liberty

BTW .. I just discovered that it's pitch black out there right now!

Go back when it's light out.

(The wind is still deafening)

You can roll the video back to where it's daytime!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2018, 12:27:07 am by mrclose »
~ Self

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
That will be a way-cool camera if the eye passes over that!
I will NOT comply.