Author Topic: Did the NY Times Fabricate the Trump Op-Ed?  (Read 3385 times)

Offline Timothy Dennis

Did the NY Times Fabricate the Trump Op-Ed?
« on: September 10, 2018, 02:26:13 pm »
The media has, in the past, falsely attributed "quotes" to people in the WH staff, such as the one they accused John Kelly of making. Remember the one about Trump being crazy? (Kelly has strongly denied ever making that comment).The spiteful media has indeed "created" outright lies about Trump and attributed them to "anonymous" sources in the WH. This slander is atrocious, and is creating an atmosphere of rancor.  However, the media's hatred of Trump is becoming their downfall, (as if they could fall any further). The PEOPLE can easily see through this venomous veneer and they also can easily see that the media NEVER speaks ONE POSITIVE WORD about Trump. What does that reveal to us? Their bias is as plain as the noses on their faces, that's what.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

Re: Did the NY Times Fabricate the Trump Op-Ed?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2018, 02:40:18 pm »
@Timothy Dennis
Seven mighty sentences of indisputable TRUTH!  Definitely worth it's own thread.  Not at all redundant sophistry.   Who else was unaware of media bias until this post?

Offline aligncare

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2018, 02:40:59 pm »
The media has, in the past, falsely attributed "quotes" to people in the WH staff, such as the one they accused John Kelly of making. Remember the one about Trump being crazy? (Kelly has strongly denied ever making that comment).The spiteful media has indeed "created" outright lies about Trump and attributed them to "anonymous" sources in the WH. This slander is atrocious, and is creating an atmosphere of rancor.  However, the media's hatred of Trump is becoming their downfall, (as if they could fall any further). The PEOPLE can easily see through this venomous veneer and they also can easily see that the media NEVER speaks ONE POSITIVE WORD about Trump. What does that reveal to us? Their bias is as plain as the noses on their faces, that's what.

Couldn’t agree more. Thank you for this post expressing the sad truth that’s been unmasked by Donald J Trump about the legacy of journalism and academia in modern times.

We owe a debit of gratitude to the Trump presidency for bringing this issue finally to a head so that we may begin to make the necessary changes to restore trust in our social institutions.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2018, 02:43:35 pm »

Hopefully you’ve been here long enough to recognize the trolls here.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2018, 02:44:25 pm »
 :amen:

Offline Concerned

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2018, 03:39:05 pm »

Never?  Really?  Below is the first story I found on reporting on unemployment (and jobs gains).  It's from TownHall and references positive reporting by both CNN ("strong month for job creation") and CNBC ("great" June jobs numbers).  There are SOME positive words reported about the President contrary to false assertions that the media "never speaks one positive word about Trump".

Having said that, the MSM has a liberal bias.  It has for decades.  This was true for Nixon, Reagan, the Bushes, and now Trump.  One of the reasons I think Trump get such negative press is often self-inflicted.  Just this morning, he falsely claimed that "The GDP Rate (4.2%) is higher than the Unemployment Rate (3.9%) for the first time in over 100 years!" Of course, this isn't true, and the press is reporting it as such.  All too often, he insists on stepping on his own positive economic message with stupid, childish, and/or false statements.

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2018/07/16/choke-on-it-democrats-unemployment-heading-for-a-50-year-low-under-trump-n2500670
I adore facts and data and abhor lies and liars.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2018, 06:32:36 pm »
Never?  Really?  Below is the first story I found on reporting on unemployment (and jobs gains).  It's from TownHall and references positive reporting by both CNN ("strong month for job creation") and CNBC ("great" June jobs numbers).  There are SOME positive words reported about the President contrary to false assertions that the media "never speaks one positive word about Trump".

Having said that, the MSM has a liberal bias.  It has for decades.  This was true for Nixon, Reagan, the Bushes, and now Trump.  One of the reasons I think Trump get such negative press is often self-inflicted.  Just this morning, he falsely claimed that "The GDP Rate (4.2%) is higher than the Unemployment Rate (3.9%) for the first time in over 100 years!" Of course, this isn't true, and the press is reporting it as such.  All too often, he insists on stepping on his own positive economic message with stupid, childish, and/or false statements.

It's an 'us' or 'them' reality now.  Even if you were 100% pro-Trump in the past - if you dare criticize anything he tweets or does, you become persona non-grata and like hornets descending on an intruder, they go into berserker mode to sting to death one who does not remain in 100% devotion and fealty.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2018, 06:56:10 pm »
Lying about an anonymous source is about as risky as an anonymous source coming forward.

I suspect we'll know within the next few months if a source was fake or not.

Both sides in this have a long history of lying.

Offline WarmPotato

• TheWarmPotato
  • Follow WarmPotato on YTB
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2018, 07:19:21 pm »
(Sees title) - YES - next question?
Check out my youtube Channel!

https://youtu.be/b6E3JS3Dmaw

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #9 on: September 10, 2018, 11:22:00 pm »
Probably.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 11:23:25 pm »
Said so from day one.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: September 10, 2018, 11:28:28 pm »
Said so from day one.

I didn't at first but sure do now.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #12 on: September 10, 2018, 11:53:08 pm »
Yeah, I'm leaning that way too now.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2018, 11:55:27 pm »
Last week I posted that this was part of a coordinated effort using the Woodward book as a springboard.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2018, 11:59:24 pm »
Last week I posted that this was part of a coordinated effort using the Woodward book as a springboard.

You did and it looks like you may be right.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2018, 12:04:54 am »
how soon before the Times starts circling the wagons.  Has their "ombudsman/person" been trotted out to discuss the oped?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline AmericanaPrime

• Americana Prime
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2018, 12:25:32 am »
No my guess is it’s real, but the “senior official” is really some douchey mid level state department person acting like a big shot and over inflating their role and angling for a book deal.
Visit my website @ AmericanaPrime.com!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2018, 12:31:15 am »
You did and it looks like you may be right.

Sister......I'm always right. Learn it, Live it, Love it.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2018, 12:32:09 am »
Sister......I'm always right. Learn it, Live it, Love it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2018, 12:38:06 pm »

Yep. The dims were hoping to use the venerable dynamic duo of media sleaze to reignite their glory days when they destroyed a sitting republican president.

Not gonna happen this time.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2018, 01:16:49 pm »

@Frank Cannon

There is even a good chance Woodward started the rumor himself to help his book promotion and sales.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!