Author Topic: Trump adviser says it’s possible Cruz could lose Senate race  (Read 1614 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump adviser says it’s possible Cruz could lose Senate race
By John Bowden - 09/08/18 04:13 PM EDT

President Trump's budget chief Mick Mulvaney says that Texas Sen. Ted Cruz (R) is in danger of losing his Senate race as he faces a challenging bid from Rep. Beto O'Rourke (D-Texas).

Mulvaney told Republicans at a closed-door meeting alongside RNC chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel that it was possible but not "likely" that Cruz could lose his Senate race while Republicans could pick up a victory over Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.), pointing to Cruz's "likability" according to audio obtained by The New York Times.

“There’s a very real possibility we will win a race for Senate in Florida and lose a race in Texas for Senate, O.K.?” Mulvaney said, according to the Times. “I don’t think it’s likely, but it’s a possibility. How likable is a candidate? That still counts.”

However, Mulvaney attempted to assuage fears of widespread Democrat victories in November, insisting that no "blue wave" was coming to elect Democrats to office.

more
http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/405719-trump-adviser-says-its-possible-cruz-could-lose-senate-race
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Re: Trump adviser says it’s possible Cruz could lose Senate race
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2018, 08:48:00 pm »
Mulvaney, a former South Carolina congressman, said he came to give a more positive message than donors were hearing in the news media — and struck a different tone from Trump. He said the midterm elections will come down to good candidates and local politics and seemed to indicate that Cruz could be in jeopardy because he was not likable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-aide-tells-donors-gop-can-win-midterms-despite-trumps-unpopularity/2018/09/08/9f5f01e2-b398-11e8-9a6a-565d92a3585d_story.html?utm_term=.d5a6daf122cb

Offline jpsb

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2018, 08:53:06 pm »
Mulvaney, a former South Carolina congressman, said he came to give a more positive message than donors were hearing in the news media — and struck a different tone from Trump. He said the midterm elections will come down to good candidates and local politics and seemed to indicate that Cruz could be in jeopardy because he was not likable.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/white-house-aide-tells-donors-gop-can-win-midterms-despite-trumps-unpopularity/2018/09/08/9f5f01e2-b398-11e8-9a6a-565d92a3585d_story.html?utm_term=.d5a6daf122cb

Cruz's nasty 2016 campaign cost him a lot of good will and the rats are motivated but once
Texans find out just how far left Beto is Cruz will win.

Offline corbe

Trump adviser says Cruz could lose Senate race
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2018, 09:03:13 pm »
Trump adviser says Cruz could lose Senate race

By John Bowden - 09/08/18 04:13 PM EDT

An adviser to President Trump reportedly told GOP donors on Saturday that it was a possibility that Sen. Ted Cruz (R-Texas) could lose his Senate race to Democratic challenger Rep. Beto O'Rourke (Texas), citing likability.

White House budget chief Mick Mulvaney told Republicans at a closed-door meeting that it was a "possibility" that Cruz could lose his Senate race while Republicans such as Florida Gov. Rick Scott could win, The New York Times reports.

“There’s a very real possibility we will win a race for Senate in Florida and lose a race in Texas for Senate, OK?” Mulvaney said, according to audio obtained by The Times.

<..snip..>

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/405719-trump-adviser-says-its-possible-cruz-could-lose-senate-race
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline corbe

Re: Trump adviser says Cruz could lose Senate race
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2018, 09:04:14 pm »
   IBFCSITYS.   
   (In Before @Frank Cannon says I Told You So)
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline endicom

Re: Trump adviser says Cruz could lose Senate race
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2018, 09:13:36 pm »

Unlikely but possible, said Mulvaney.

And what good are closed door meetings when there's always someone keen to run their mouth?

Offline Applewood

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 10:08:24 pm »
Cruz's nasty 2016 campaign cost him a lot of good will and the rats are motivated but once

Horse manure.  If anyone ran a nasty campaign, it was Trump.

But be that as it may -- after the election, Cruz humbled himself before the king and since then has worked to implement Trump's supposed agenda.  So where is Trump now that Cruz is running for re-election?  Why isn't Trump in Texas helping Cruz get re-elected? 

Or is it, as I have suspected, that inTrump's world loyalty is a one-way street?

Offline MOD8

« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 11:22:13 pm »
Topics merged.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2018, 11:24:42 pm »

But be that as it may -- after the election, Cruz humbled himself before the king and since then has worked to implement Trump's supposed agenda.  So where is Trump now that Cruz is running for re-election?  Why isn't Trump in Texas helping Cruz get re-elected? 

Or is it, as I have suspected, that inTrump's world loyalty is a one-way street?

No "if" to it.  Trump ran a nasty campaign.  And, some of his more fervent supporters seem determined to continue it.  However, he did win, he is the president and he's doing much better in some ways than I could have hoped for.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2018, 11:41:40 pm »

The Pecker lovers are in full defense mode. They are forever loyal to Trump’s Pecker.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2018, 03:01:28 am »
It's possible Hillary could have beaten Trump too.

But she didn't.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LadyLiberty

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2018, 03:59:01 am »
Anything is possible.  ANYTHING. But is it probable?  Words have meanings.

Online sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2018, 04:46:24 pm »
Anything is possible.  ANYTHING. But is it probable?  Words have meanings.

@LadyLiberty

I agree,and it SEEMS to ME that these words are designed to harm the Cruz campaign by maybe reducing his donations or volunteer workers.

I think this might be one more example of a Party Pod Person working to harm Trump's re-election chances than anything else. Creating that rumor can serve no other purpose.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2018, 07:02:30 pm »
Ted is a dud and goofing around with a Quixotic Presidential run instead of dealing with his own state during his FIRST TERM as Senator sealed his fate. If he squeaks out a win it will be by less then 5%.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2018, 07:06:18 pm »

Still making that stuff up about Cruz, eh?

And forgetting the vile campaign that Trump ran??

Selective memory is a dangerous thing when everything's in black and white. 

Truth wins out when you just pull things out of thin air........ and you lose.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2018, 07:18:07 pm »
Still making that stuff up about Cruz, eh?

And forgetting the vile campaign that Trump ran??

Selective memory is a dangerous thing when everything's in black and white. 

Truth wins out when you just pull things out of thin air........ and you lose.

I guess you were in a coma when Cruz had to fire Rick Tyler after Ted's attacks on Rubio blew up in his face.