Author Topic: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party  (Read 57850 times)

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
Re: GOP senator says he 'regularly' considers leaving Republican Party
« Reply #900 on: September 18, 2018, 05:53:27 am »
Oh, kiss Will Smith goodnight, call the nurse for your Dulcolax pill, shut up and let us fine bitches dance.

I saw that and it reminded me of the drug cartels dancing as the car goes.   Must be a Hispanic thing.

https://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/09/13/watch-gulf-cartel-gunmen-film-viral-dance-challenge-near-texas-border/
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #901 on: October 26, 2018, 06:16:25 pm »
@INVAR
@roamer_1
@aligncare
@Sanguine
@Xena Lee
@Smokin Joe
@Chosen Daughter
@INVAR
@Bigun
@bigheadfred
@corbe
@Frank Cannon
@Emjay
@musiclady
@CatherineofAragon
@Victoria33
@DB
@roamer_1
@Quix
@GourmetDan
@txradioguy
@Jazzhead
@rangerrebew
@liberty bele
@GrouchoTex
@IsailedawayfromFR
@LegalAmerican
@DCPatriot
@Right_in_Virginia
@Mesaclone
@Maj.Bill White

In my post #691 on this thread, I laid out my understanding of what Trump was/is planning.  I am now adjusting my own prediction with respect to some of the timing issues. 

I formerly believed that massive arrests would start before the election.  Unfortunately, miscellaneous delays have cropped up to make such a sweep politically untenable or even illegal under the Hatch Act (which forbids certain actions by most government officials if they could be construed as attempts to affect an election).

I still maintain that there will be a huge number of arrests--including Hillary, Obama, Podesta, Abedin, et al --but these will have to wait until after the election.  We are now too close to the election for an October Surprise.  It would be more like a November Surprise.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #902 on: October 26, 2018, 06:49:48 pm »
@Once-Ler

Um wow...I think you pegged this one about 180degrees out of phase.   Sasse was elected in 2015.  Do a YouTube search for “Ben Sasse Kavanaugh hearing” and see if that strikes you as a deep stater.     Pretty much the only “conservatives” who criticize Sasse are members of the trump fanboy club because he has on occasion criticized trump.

Not true @Axeslinger .  Sasse has been widely criticized and for good reason.  He's all about Sasse and has no interest in furthering the interests of Trump or the Republican Party.  He seems to dream of being an independent candidate.  He has no allies in the Senate.

He's constantly saying stuff to get a rise out of people.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #903 on: October 26, 2018, 07:12:48 pm »
@Once-Ler

Um wow...I think you pegged this one about 180degrees out of phase.   Sasse was elected in 2015.  Do a YouTube search for “Ben Sasse Kavanaugh hearing” and see if that strikes you as a deep stater.     Pretty much the only “conservatives” who criticize Sasse are members of the trump fanboy club because he has on occasion criticized trump.

@Axeslinger
I sometimes say stuff that is clearly untrue to see if Trumpers have any shame and will call me on it.  They don't

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #904 on: October 26, 2018, 07:42:43 pm »
I still maintain that there will be a huge number of arrests--including Hillary, Obama, Podesta, Abedin, et al --but these will have to wait until after the election. 

*yawn*.

Wake me if there are actual indictments.

Until then, I am not holding my breath.

The lawless are above the law as has been demonstrated over and over and over and over and over again.

'Laws' are only for us little people to make sure we are kept down and in our place.  The Ruling Class has no law, except that which they render to those they rule.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #905 on: October 26, 2018, 08:17:32 pm »
@Axeslinger
I sometimes say stuff that is clearly untrue to see if Trumpers have any shame and will call me on it.  They don't

There's a reason for that, @Once-Ler .  Most people don't bother to read your posts.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #906 on: October 26, 2018, 08:19:39 pm »
*yawn*.

Wake me if there are actual indictments.

Until then, I am not holding my breath.

The lawless are above the law as has been demonstrated over and over and over and over and over again.

'Laws' are only for us little people to make sure we are kept down and in our place.  The Ruling Class has no law, except that which they render to those they rule.

Yeah, me too.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #907 on: October 26, 2018, 08:30:42 pm »
Not true @Axeslinger .  Sasse has been widely criticized and for good reason.  He's all about Sasse and has no interest in furthering the interests of Trump or the Republican Party.  He seems to dream of being an independent candidate.  He has no allies in the Senate.

He's constantly saying stuff to get a rise out of people.

Yeah, I don't really identify Republican either.  Trump is going to have to work hard and do the things he says he is going to do.  Its his problem.  Early twittering with no actions.  He is going to be judged on what happens at the border.  And probably people like you will make excuses if thousands do end up in the United States.

Sasse did loose some of his shine to me when he sided against family separation.  Because many of the children come with people other than parents.  Also family separation was done by Obama and it is a deterent.  There were people waiting in Mexico because they feared crossing and getting separated.  Now the number of illegal immigrants crossing on President Trumps watch has grown immensely.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #908 on: October 26, 2018, 08:33:42 pm »
There's a reason for that, @Once-Ler .  Most people don't bother to read your posts.

:laughingdog:

888high58888

« Reply #909 on: October 26, 2018, 09:12:36 pm »
But I know who does baby. 888heartkitty

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #910 on: October 26, 2018, 10:43:07 pm »

In my post #691 on this thread, I laid out my understanding of what Trump was/is planning.  I am now adjusting my own prediction with respect to some of the timing issues. 

I formerly believed that massive arrests would start before the election.  Unfortunately, miscellaneous delays have cropped up to make such a sweep politically untenable or even illegal under the Hatch Act (which forbids certain actions by most government officials if they could be construed as attempts to affect an election).

I still maintain that there will be a huge number of arrests--including Hillary, Obama, Podesta, Abedin, et al --but these will have to wait until after the election.  We are now too close to the election for an October Surprise.  It would be more like a November Surprise.

@the_doc
Moving the Goalposts.
Again
Sommore.

Bullshit.

« Reply #911 on: October 26, 2018, 10:52:46 pm »

@the_doc

Jesus is coming in November...got it.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #912 on: October 26, 2018, 10:57:36 pm »
@the_doc

And the Dallas Cowboys are going to the Super Bowl!!!  :rolling:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

« Reply #913 on: October 26, 2018, 11:00:01 pm »

https://twitter.com/iowahawkblog/status/1055898240342781952

David Burge @iowahawkblog

I'm glad we're finally having a long-overdue debate on the issue of which party base has the highest concentration of conspiracy-deranged bloodthirsty psychopaths
12:05 PM - 26 Oct 2018

Offline the_doc

« Reply #914 on: October 26, 2018, 11:34:35 pm »
@the_doc

Something like that.  That's why I don't have an exact date for you. 

Then again, maybe December (or January, when the new court martial rules for civilians take effect).

« Reply #915 on: October 26, 2018, 11:51:37 pm »
Something like that.  That's why I don't have an exact date for you. 

Then again, maybe December (or January, when the new court martial rules for civilians take effect).

That fits my timeline for the reign of the Anti-Christ too...I wish I could witness the deceiver's face when Jesus returns, but I bet it looks a lot like this...

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #916 on: October 27, 2018, 03:16:46 am »
Sasse is a Never Trumper all along, just like that IDIOT Kasich in Ohio.  That man was once a good politician with what I thought was a good future, and now he is a total kook.  Sasse is not to far off the mark from Kasich.  Two rotten peas from the same pod, and believe me, Americans will remember both men denigrating this president, who well may become the greatest president in our history.

That's right, the greatest president.  Trump has dealt with storng opposition from both parties, and total opposition from the corrupt media.  And despite all this opposition, he has managed to accomplish more in two years than any other president in my 65 years on this planet.

He has rough edges, and I just don't care.  I want results, and he is producing them.  On the other hand, the abdicative Democommies who have resisted every step of the way have proven their worth, NOTHING!
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 03:49:59 am by jafo2010 »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #917 on: October 27, 2018, 03:32:58 am »
FFS.  This thread is so old Sasse is using a HoverRound now and people are still commenting on it.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #918 on: October 27, 2018, 10:28:42 am »
Sasse is a Never Trumper all along, just like that IDIOT Kasich in Ohio.  That man was once a good politician with what I thought was a good future, and now he is a total kook.  Sasse is not to far off the mark from Kasich.  Two rotten peas from the same pod, and believe me, Americans will remember both men denigrating this president, who well may become the greatest president in our history.

That's right, the greatest president.  Trump has dealt with storng opposition from both parties, and total opposition from the corrupt media.  And despite all this opposition, he has managed to accomplish more in two years than any other president in my 65 years on this planet.

He has rough edges, and I just don't care.  I want results, and he is producing them.  On the other hand, the abdicative Democommies who have resisted every step of the way have proven their worth, NOTHING!

:beer: @jafo2010

I agree in total about Donald Trump. I think he will be remembered as a transformative president and, in the annals of Republicanism, as a great president.

Liberal historians, on the other hand, will register their virtue and note that the president used vulgar language and social media, and liked women. Well, I never!

Sasse seems to me could have swung either way on Trump but misread the electorate. He simply bet against Trump and lost. Kasich, however, seems sincerely insane in his beliefs, but also out of touch with a broad swath of voters.

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #919 on: October 27, 2018, 10:49:23 am »
Sasse and Kasich really burned their bridges when they donated to the campaigns of Clinton(s) and Dirty Harry.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

« Reply #920 on: October 27, 2018, 04:23:29 pm »
Sasse and Kasich really burned their bridges when they donated to the campaigns of Clinton(s) and Dirty Harry.
:rolling:

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #921 on: October 27, 2018, 06:24:06 pm »

Yeah right.  Evidence please!

First off though if Sasse was donating to Clinton why would he call them out as swamp?

Two Republican congressman were indicted — one for insider trading, the other for using campaign funds to bankroll his family's lifestyle. The president's campaign manager and personal attorney face felony convictions.

Naturally, Democrats are wagging their fingers and decrying Washington’s "culture of corruption." But these are the same Democrats who said nothing while Hillary Clinton used her position as Secretary of State to enrich herself and her family. In fact, they didn't just look the other way — they went ahead made her their nominee for president.

So, for those keeping score at home, here’s the sad state of things: The folks who in 2016 didn't care about draining the swamp are clamoring about it now, while the folks who promised to drain the swamp have conveniently forgotten about it. This always happens. Everyone talks about draining the swamp, but nobody does it.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2018/09/13/washington-ethics-drain-swamp-congress-trump-release-taxes-corruption-column/1283909002/

But I do know who donated $100,000 to the Clinton Foundation and it was Donald Trump:

Kellyanne Conway talking to CNN about how Trump gave $100,000 to Clinton Foundation.  Saying right off the bat that the Clinton Foundation does good things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXg-OoLINh4
« Last Edit: October 27, 2018, 06:24:40 pm by Chosen Daughter »

Offline Chosen Daughter

« Reply #922 on: October 27, 2018, 06:56:41 pm »
The party should never expect that any Senator be loyal if they have strayed from the meaning of Republican.  The problem is business as usual and the swamp.  One thing I can say for Sasse is his passion for swamp draining.  And there are mere talkers and people who actually put action to words.

Offline the_doc

« Reply #923 on: October 27, 2018, 10:25:20 pm »
The party should never expect that any Senator be loyal if they have strayed from the meaning of Republican.  The problem is business as usual and the swamp.  One thing I can say for Sasse is his passion for swamp draining.  And there are mere talkers and people who actually put action to words.

No offense intended, but IMHO Senator Sasse has no idea what it will really take to drain the Swamp.  (For that matter, I don't even think Mark Levin knows what needs to be done right now.  We need hundreds or even thousands of arrests and prosecutions right now.)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #924 on: October 28, 2018, 12:04:44 am »
Not to be nit-picky, but it sure seems the 'meaning of Republican" has changed a bit since Barry Goldwater, and even since Reagan. My views on issues haven't changed, but the Party has moved well to the Left, trying to keep pace with the leftward drift of the Communists and totalitarians on the Left to 'get the moderate vote'.
I started out well in the bell curve of Republican views, but the curve has shifted until I'm a couple of standard deviations from the mean.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis